1ST Senior One Pocket Classic (Players List)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
... I don't know several of the players from out of town, including you Mr. Rowsey, you may play like burnin hell for all I know! ...
You never heard of Memphis Bill? He'll sneak up on ya. Why, they used to come from 4 states just to watch his one-pocket break shot...:cool:

Good luck, guys. Should be a sizzler!

~Doc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
You never heard of Memphis Bill? He'll sneak up on ya. Why, they used to come from 4 states just to watch his one-pocket break shot...:cool:

Good luck, guys. Should be a sizzler!

~Doc

Bill was watching Artie and I play once and after sweating it a while said 'I want the loser'.:D

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
From all the gossip, I'd have to give the edge to Wayne Pullen, everybody says he plays a very strong game. Tom Wirth has to be in the mix along with John Henderson. James Christopher would be a contender if he would ever practice a couple of hours, but he's not in good form right now. Walter Glass is a good player or so I'm told, and I suspect that all the people coming from great distances aren't coming for a haircut, I would imagine they can play a pretty good game of one pocket also.

I don't know several of the players from out of town, including you Mr. Rowsey, you may play like burnin hell for all I know!

One thing is for certain though,
It's gonna take a very good player to win this tournament, racing to 4 negates a lot of the chance factor that comes with a shorter race to 3.

For those of you coming in tomorrow ( Wednesday ) and want a little action, just let me know, my dance card isn't completely filled yet.

Frank and I are already here and will be in Weds around noon or so.

We have $200 between us and do not care who gets it!:D:sorry:lol

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Frank and I are already here and will be in Weds around noon or so.

We have $200 between us and do not care who gets it!:D:sorry:lol

I'm not foolin with the Champ, but I might try the Barber a few games, he's 3 games ahead from last years match and I'd like to check and see if my game has improved any over that span of time.
I'll be there about 11:30

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Da Barber.....

Giving out Haircuts!!! (It's what he does).

Well, Frank was busy with Dave so Hendy and I played 6 games. We quite tied at 3/3 then Robert Newkirk played Hendy awhile. I think Newkirk won a couple games, not sure.

Hendy plays very good and really moves well. He knows so much about the game, I'm jealous! He's a good guy and you can tell he really loves to play, he gets into it, total concentration. He's a pleasure to play with. I enjoyed the match very much.

Tomorrow we are playing a warm-up tournament, $20.00 entry fee and a race to 2, no losers bracket. Should be fun, maybe have 15 or 20 players. We start it at 1:00PM and it should be over before the Calcutta starts at 7:00PM

That's the latest from Bogie's Billiards and Sports Bar, I'll try to have more tomorrow.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Well, Frank was busy with Dave so Hendy and I played 6 games. We quite tied at 3/3 then Robert Newkirk played Hendy awhile. I think Newkirk won a couple games, not sure.

Hendy plays very good and really moves well. He knows so much about the game, I'm jealous! He's a good guy and you can tell he really loves to play, he gets into it, total concentration. He's a pleasure to play with. I enjoyed the match very much.

Tomorrow we are playing a warm-up tournament, $20.00 entry fee and a race to 2, no losers bracket. Should be fun, maybe have 15 or 20 players. We start it at 1:00PM and it should be over before the Calcutta starts at 7:00PM

That's the latest from Bogie's Billiards and Sports Bar, I'll try to have more tomorrow.

Had a good time playing with you Jeff. You bank and run balls well, a few more moves under your belt and you will be even tougher.

Newkirk is too good for me. I need to leave those youngsters alone( He is only 67).:D

Had a good time and tomorrow will be even better with the rest of the gang rolling in.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Had a good time playing with you Jeff. You bank and run balls well, a few more moves under your belt and you will be even tougher.

Newkirk is too good for me. I need to leave those youngsters alone( He is only 67).:D

Had a good time and tomorrow will be even better with the rest of the gang rolling in.

Robert Newkirk is a war horse! He loves to play the game and he can play it well.
Today when I arrived at about 11:00 AM he was mixing it up with Tom Wirth, they played for hours, not sure who won, but after they had played for several hours ($50.00 ) a game I think, they were dead even. I overheard Tom ask Robert if he wanted to play two more games and call it quits and Robert agreed. Don't know the outcome of those two games because the warm-up tournament got under way with 15 players about that time.

Hendy and I ended up splitting the $300.00 prize money because we were both tired and hungry. I think he did me a favor, he's a very good player.

When I left this evening (9:00 PM) Newkirk was still playing, this time with Jerry Matchin ( Baby Huey ) Robert is sick about not being in the tournament because of his daughters wedding this Saturday, but he's already reserved a spot in next years field.

Looks like there is about $8100.00 in Calcutta money and $6800.00 in entry fees and added money. First matches are at 11:00 AM Friday and the 2nd round starts at 4:00PM Friday.

Buddy Hall was a WD due to health issues, he says he's very sorry, he knows how much people want to see him play and if he was able, he would be here.

That's a wrap for now.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Robert Newkirk is a war horse! He loves to play the game and he can play it well.
Today when I arrived at about 11:00 AM he was mixing it up with Tom Wirth, they played for hours, not sure who won, but after they had played for several hours ($50.00 ) a game I think, they were dead even. I overheard Tom ask Robert if he wanted to play two more games and call it quits and Robert agreed. Don't know the outcome of those two games because the warm-up tournament got under way with 15 players about that time.

Hendy and I ended up splitting the $300.00 prize money because we were both tired and hungry. I think he did me a favor, he's a very good player.

When I left this evening (9:00 PM) Newkirk was still playing, this time with Jerry Matchin ( Baby Huey ) Robert is sick about not being in the tournament because of his daughters wedding this Saturday, but he's already reserved a spot in next years field.

Looks like there is about $8100.00 in Calcutta money and $6800.00 in entry fees and added money. First matches are at 11:00 AM Friday and the 2nd round starts at 4:00PM Friday.

Buddy Hall was a WD due to health issues, he says he's very sorry, he knows how much people want to see him play and if he was able, he would be here.

That's a wrap for now.
thanks for the update jeff
keep us posted on whats happening if you have time