Another Alf Taylor book givaway

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member
Greetings, my One Pocket compatriots.

A few weeks ago we held a contest giving one each of five of my books to the winners. My dear friend, SJD, handled the contest but sort of localized the participents to a certain area of expertise. Most of us, myself included, didn't have a clue to the answers. (Nice going, Duck).

Out of a sense of fair play, I would like to make a similar offer to five people to win a free copy, but this time all you have to do to enter is register to this poste. Previous winners not eligible.

The books are suppose to be in on the 28th, so we'll run the contest until then. If anyone has a suggestion how to best draw the winners, I'm all ears.
Keep it nice. Alfie

Last edited:

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
No idea's....

No idea's....

....just now.Just wanted to wish you good luck in your ventures,cheers,Bob

akrick

Verified Member

I am sure your books are as well written and entertaining as your posts and your PM's. You have my order and they can't arrive soon enough.
Rick

Skin

Verified Member
Alf, how about if they recognize your formal British spelling of post (poste) and they also are old Dallas pool hustlers from the late 60s-ealry 70s who now need glasses to find their glasses? Ought to trim the field down pretty good for a random draw of winners. :D

Skin

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member
Got me pegged

Got me pegged

Alf, how about if they recognize your formal British spelling of post (poste) and they also are old Dallas pool hustlers from the late 60s-ealry 70s who now need glasses to find their glasses? Ought to trim the field down pretty good for a random draw of winners. :D

Skin

Need glasses to find glasses. Skin, you been tapping my telephone line?
Keep it nice Alfie

Deeman

Verified Member
As I can, on occasion, read, please add me to the contest.

If based on need, I am a mortal lock on this one! :)
DeeMan

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I would love to have that book, IF you would sign it. My dope story in the coat room I think put the skids to that other thread. It went over like a lead balloon, so sorry about that. I think a simple number drawing would work just fine out of a pill jug or something. Or just pick out the person you like most and give it to them would be fine too.............

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Greetings, my One Pocket compatriots.

A few weeks ago we held a contest giving one each of five of my books to the winners. My dear friend, SJD, handled the contest but sort of localized the participents to a certain area of expertise. Most of us, myself included, didn't have a clue to the answers. (Nice going, Duck).

Out of a sense of fair play, I would like to make a similar offer to five people to win a free copy, but this time all you have to do to enter is register to this poste. Previous winners not eligible.

Alfie...I already did that yesterday. How do you expect to keep up with these sharp young guys, if you only read one post, out of every thread ???...Come to the party, before you give ALL your books away.

Alfie Taylor (aka, Bicycle Willie) has authorized me, to conduct a giveaway contest. The prize will be five fresh copies, of the completed, updated version of his new book, "The Other Side Of The Road". (retail $24.95 ea.)

Any One Pocket.org member may enter (even Chicagoan's)..The winners, determined by random drawing..will each recieve a signed copy of the book.

Apparently the questions were too difficult...So just get your name in, and maybe you'll win a book :) :) :)

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member
I am sure your books are as well written and entertaining as your posts and your PM's. You have my order and they can't arrive soon enough.
Rick

Deer Rik.
I yam hape that u lik mi riting skilz. i tri to outdu mi hi skool edukaton butt somtims i hav difckultys gitin it tugethir. I aprshiate ur enkuragment.
Ceap it nise. Alfee.

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member
Alfie...I already did that yesterday. How do you expect to keep up with these sharp young guys, if you only read one post, out of every thread ???...Come to the party, before you give ALL your books away.

Sorry, Mr. Duck. I'm kind of new at this. But, you don't have to be cross with me. I'm sensitive.
Keep it nice. Alfie

Deeman

Verified Member
Deer Rik.
I yam hape that u lik mi riting skilz. i tri to outdu mi hi skool edukaton butt somtims i hav difckultys gitin it tugethir. I aprshiate ur enkuragment.
Ceap it nise. Alfee.

You do a great early Artie impression but need a few longer, unbroken sentences!

DeeMan