Free Givaway...!!!

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Alfie,
whether I win it or not... I will have a copy in the next month... love to read about pool...

B

P.S. no disrespect intended

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Can I take these for my answers?

1.) I was thinking Eddie Taylor.

2.) Digging up old dead people for the next election. (Chicago is known for voters who have been dead for years, but vote for decades afterwards.)

Ken
I stand corrected, Taylor did play there, you're 100% correct. Make that a tie with 5 players.

Dr. Bill

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member
Alfie,
whether I win it or not... I will have a copy in the next month... love to read about pool...

B

P.S. no disrespect intended

B.
Cool man. Sorry to get huffy. Old man's ego, you understand. Good luck.
keep it nice.
Alfie

SJDinPHX

Suspended
We understand Alfie, we've been dealing with the Duck's ego for forever now:p.

RBL

Hi-jacking THIS, thread, will result in serious legal action..And, a quick trip to the "rust belt" for Vince and 'Big Nose' Tony, which will result in sipping your 'Jameson' through a straw, for a few months !..:eek: Plus, almost certain disqualification from the contest..:focus

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Free Giveaway

Free Giveaway

Alfie Taylor (aka, Bicycle Willie) has authorized me, to conduct a giveaway contest. The prize will be five fresh copies, of the completed, updated version of his new book, "The Other Side Of The Road". (retail $24.95 ea.)

Any One Pocket.org member may enter (even Chicagoan's)..The winners, determined by random drawing..will each recieve a signed copy of the book.

The only requirement, is to correctly answer either one, of these two simple questions;

Q. #1..Who is the greatest one pocket player, EVER,...to set foot in the old Bensinger's Pool Hall, in Chicago...including ALL the regular shortstops ?..(hint, he only stayed as long as he could hold his breath)

Q. #2..Where were all the "TOP [sic] LOCAL players" hiding, when he came in ?..(hint, they were used to holding their breath)

Note; Despite the ease of the questions, this is a serious contest. So get your name in ASAP...Your FIRST post number, will be your ID number and we will pick some future lotto numbers, (or something fair) to determine the winner's.

View attachment 5587

PS..Please note;...Detroit area resident's must pay $30.00 add'l. to cover
shipping & handling costs..:cool:

After perusing the answers of my fellow one pocketeers, I am sure I am the only winner!

1). COLE DICKSON (Can't believe no one else got this one).

2). They were all in the bathroom playing craps (Another easy one).

Alfie Taylor (aka, Bicycle Willie) has authorized me, to conduct a giveaway contest. The prize will be five fresh copies, of the completed, updated version of his new book, "The Other Side Of The Road". (retail $24.95 ea.)

Any One Pocket.org member may enter (even Chicagoan's)..The winners, determined by random drawing..will each recieve a signed copy of the book.

The only requirement, is to correctly answer either one, of these two simple questions;

Q. #1..Who is the greatest one pocket player, EVER,...to set foot in the old Bensinger's Pool Hall, in Chicago...including ALL the regular shortstops ?..(hint, he only stayed as long as he could hold his breath)

Q. #2..Where were all the "TOP [sic] LOCAL players" hiding, when he came in ?..(hint, they were used to holding their breath)

Note; Despite the ease of the questions, this is a serious contest. So get your name in ASAP...Your FIRST post number, will be your ID number and we will pick some future lotto numbers, (or something fair) to determine the winner's.

View attachment 5587

PS..Please note;...Detroit area resident's must pay $30.00 add'l. to cover
shipping & handling costs..:cool:

#1 Dippy Dave
#2 the cellar

Clare ( I know I'm going to win). :D

SJDinPHX

Suspended
#1 Dippy Dave
#2 the cellar

Clare ( I know I'm going to win). :D

Finally......Someone whose been paying attention. You have secured #27 Clarebaby...:p

JHendy has #26..Actually they were in there having the crap scared out of them,,(close enough) ;)

Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Ok. It was SuperDuck of course, and they were in the coat room. Thirteen guys all ganged up on one poor mark and I was slinging the red card. Guys just kept coming up with their hand across their chest. I said WTF? Is it Independence Day. Is somebody singing The National Anthem? Everybody was with it and wanted 'IN'. We started to whack up the $80 but instead I saw a dealer and spent in all on some good old china white. Freddy and Artie were leery of using my old worn out works so we dumped all the bags of dope on some aluminum foil and we just all just chased the dragon with some straws from McDonalds and then nodded off like a mullafkr listening to Credence Clearwater Revival.

SJDinPHX

Suspended

Apparently the questions were too difficult...So just get your name in, and maybe you'll win a book :)

View attachment 5587

To the top...

oldspurguy

Verified Member
From
Beaumont, Texas
I would like to enter, so just to throw another name out there, I'll go with Handsome Danny Jones, who like to play the ponies like a lot of the old school players. I know he played Artie in Bensinger's.

Deeman

Verified Member

Apparently the questions were too difficult...So just get your name in, and maybe you'll win a book :)

View attachment 5587

To the top...

Me, me! I need the book more than the others and I have never voted for a Democrat! :)

DeeMan

SJDinPHX

Suspended
No probbie, I'll call you Tue.

Petie, Just so you are aware, there are some pretty good prices on lesson's, from the premier player's (in Chicago)...Ghroasty has priced his lessons at only $3.50 per hr..(2 hr. minimum, of course) :D.. As far as I know, Artie is still firm at $30,000..:eek:

Myself, I would try for Chris Gentile...He maybe a little [sic] higher ...But, ya gets what ya pays for..:p NK NK JK :p....:focus:

Last edited: