question

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
I am having a problem shortening this bank... it seems as though I get the wrong English on the object ball and it goes long...

This is almost the same shot Luat missed long against Brumback when John won his first title...

Attachments

• 20151217_072846.jpg
    20151217_072846.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 1

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
assuming you are banking straight back under you, you need to cut the object ball enough to avoid the kiss, and use extreme inside English, correct speed is also a factor

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
This is a practice shot for me getting ready for Derby...In a lot of ways this shot is on the edge of my ability... If I hit it perfect center ball cue, it shortens up great and the cue stuns about 4 inch's, goes into the rail and just bounces out...

I was wondering how many hit this shot with a high inside cue ball... Brumback hits this really well...

B

ps I only hit it about 50 times this morning...my make ratio is less than 25%...so back to work...

John Brumback

Verified Member
Did Ya ever try to OVER cut it just a hair with a 1/4 tip of left center and stun or ( knuckle ball ) the cball????? !!!!!!!

I thought I showed you how to make these shots like they are hangers!!! :frus:mad::(:eek::eek: :p JB

John Brumback

Verified Member
This is a practice shot for me getting ready for Derby...In a lot of ways this shot is on the edge of my ability... If I hit it perfect center ball cue, it shortens up great and the cue stuns about 4 inch's, goes into the rail and just bounces out...

I was wondering how many hit this shot with a high inside cue ball... Brumback hits this really well...

B

ps I only hit it about 50 times this morning...my make ratio is less than 25%...so back to work...

Yeah,that shot comes up in bankpool and onepocket...sometimes:D JB

PS: when you get really good....you can hold that ball and make it straight back........at pocket speed.....too. Takes a nice touch tho:eek:;):p JB

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
A nice touch...probably need to hit it a thousand times to get it right...

I stood behind you and watched you make this slow speed...I don't have as good of speed of the stroke as you...but I am trying...

B

John Brumback

Verified Member
A nice touch...probably need to hit it a thousand times to get it right...

I stood behind you and watched you make this slow speed...I don't have as good of speed of the stroke as you...but I am trying...

B

Ok:sorry Just tryin to give ya a little extra motivation for your practice:lol JB

John Brumback

Verified Member

Nice,thanks for fixin that for him A Rod. My frikkin neck is still hurtin:lol JB

Kybanks

Verified Member
You are missing the cue ball, either tip contact or letting the cue ball roll a little too much. John Brumback wouldn't know anything about missing the cue ball as pure as his stroke is.