Lookin To Donate

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Well, here's my annual pre-DCC offer to donate ^_^ some $$$ to any of my fellow forum members who would like to join me in some neighborly one pocket gamblin' at the DCC.....Send me a pm and we can exchange cell #'s.

If nobody wants to take my $$$, then I'll just spend it all at the honey-roasted/caramelized pecans and cashews vendor......^_^

- The Friendly Ghost

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
One Pocket Ghost said:
Well, here's my annual pre-DCC offer to donate ^_^ some $$$ to any of my fellow forum members who would like to join me in some neighborly one pocket gamblin' at the DCC.....Send me a pm and we can exchange cell #'s.

If nobody wants to take my $$$, then I'll just spend it all at the honey-roasted/caramelized pecans and cashews vendor......^_^

- The Friendly Ghost
Ghost, you're not getting many offers...:D I think they're all scared of you. I won't be there, but you can probably match up with Helfert. Also, you might get Steve B. to go off.:cool: I'll be at the next Louisville summer event. Hopefully we can play then. Merry Christmas, and good luck at the DCC!

Doc

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
gulfportdoc said:
Ghost, you're not getting many offers...:D I think they're all scared of you. I won't be there, but you can probably match up with Helfert. Also, you might get Steve B. to go off.:cool: I'll be at the next Louisville summer event. Hopefully we can play then. Merry Christmas, and good luck at the DCC!

Doc

Hi Doc.....That's a bummer, I thought you'd be coming for sure...I was looking forward to us and a couple other of the 'older guys' having a beer and reminiscing about L.A. pool action and sex-drugs-rock n' roll back in the day.....^_^

Happy Holidays, The Ghost of DCC'S past

PS, By the way, would it be impolite/out of line of me, to ask you to just send me how-ever-much $$$ you would have lost to me, had you gone to the DCC this year - thanks.........^_^

yobagua

Hey Ghost! Im in Manhattan now but plan to be there for the whole thing. Wont be playing since my eye surgery. (let me get my excuses in now) And my gums have been killing me so my dentist has me on antibiotics.
But I will pop for dinner one night if we have the time and the means to get out of the joint. Rob will be there and we could meet up. I finally got him into one hole, him being a die hard 14.1 man. And he is loving the game so much that he is coming for the one pocket. He also went to the Qlympics to watch the one hole tourney there. Now I cant get him off it.
Hope you and yours have a Merry Xmas. See you next year.

Voodoo Daddy

Verified Member
From
Davie, FLA
Hey Ghost...I might try ya some. Been drivin a truck the last few months so the rust will be apparent but ya only live once!! I'll be there on the 5th <SAT> and will play in the 1-P event. If ya dont see me {I'm 6'5", bout 375 lbs with a limp} your not looking :D

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
One Pocket Ghost said:
PS, By the way, would it be impolite/out of line of me, to ask you to just send me how-ever-much $$$ you would have lost to me, had you gone to the DCC this year - thanks.........^_^
Well, I guess you have a point, there. Fair is fair. But would you accept 50%??-- being Christmastime and all...:confused:

Doc
Will expect some jelly from the Helfert contest

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
gulfportdoc said:
Well, I guess you have a point, there. Fair is fair. But would you accept 50%??-- being Christmastime and all...

Doc

I'm ok with that Doc, as you said, it being Christmas time and all.....Here's the way I figured the numbers, see if you agree with me and then you can send me a check.....

.....I figured we would have played for $30 a game (friendly bet), and I would have won 5 games....then we would have adjusted, and I win 4 more games, then you pull up.....that makes for a total of $270 that you would have lost to me - minus the Christmas discount, you owe me only $135 - just pocket change for a doctor......^_^

- Ghost

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
One Pocket Ghost said:
I'm ok with that Doc, as you said, it being Christmas time and all.....Here's the way I figured the numbers, see if you agree with me and then you can send me a check.....

.....I figured we would have played for $30 a game (friendly bet), and I would have won 5 games....then we would have adjusted, and I win 4 more games, then you pull up.....that makes for a total of $270 that you would have lost to me - minus the Christmas discount, you owe me only $135 - just pocket change for a doctor......^_^
True, but I've been on vacation, so money's tight. I'll definitely get it to you sometime this year though...:) But wait, come to think of it, I wouldn't have played unless you gave me 10-7, so I might have actually won a few!:cool: BTW, don't forget that Helfert jelly.

Doc

philwelch

Verified Member
From
Plainfield,IL
Haven't checked out the posts here in awhile and lo and behold if The Ghost and Gulfport Doc don't have me thoroughly entertained in the first two minutes. Good luck at the DCC Ghost wish I could be there to cheer you on but reality just won't go away and I must adhere to my commitments at home.
Phil Welch

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Voodoo Daddy said:
Hey Ghost...I might try ya some. Been drivin a truck the last few months so the rust will be apparent but ya only live once!! I'll be there on the 5th <SAT> and will play in the 1-P event. If ya dont see me {I'm 6'5", bout 375 lbs with a limp} your not looking :D

Hey Voodoo Big-Daddy......It would be my pleasure (I hope) to play you some pocket-a-piece....I'll c u there.

- Ghost

P.S. I'm 5'8" - 155 lbs.....If you beat me in the one pocket, can we go double or nothing in some arm wrestling ?.............^_^

Last edited:

suki

Verified Member
From
Santa Cruz, Ca.
Just curious

Just curious

Hey Ghost, how many years have you paid for you DCC trip matching up with us shortstops? You can take the 5th if you want. LOL.:D

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
suki said:
Hey Ghost, how many years have you paid for you DCC trip matching up with us shortstops? You can take the 5th if you want. LOL.:D

Paid for my trip! - I wish! - I'm just a lunch pail totin' working guy who plays a little one pocket as a hobby.....My DCC-gambling goal every year is just to win enough $$$ to buy bags of those praline/honey-roasted/ pecans and cashews every day !!!

jay helfert

Verified Member
Okay Ghost I'm coming. Out of stroke as usual. I don't know what's wrong with me. I just hate to practice I guess. I'll probably play one time before I come.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
jay helfert said:
Okay Ghost I'm coming. Out of stroke as usual. I don't know what's wrong with me. I just hate to practice I guess. I'll probably play one time before I come.

Ok, excuses duly noted...:rolleyes:

B_White

Hi ghost. I love to play and love cheap action. I will be at the derby the whole time and would love to play. Contact me if interested.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Well, my dance card is full, my pockets are crammed with $$$, and if the creek don't rise, I'm heading on down to the DCC in the morning...

- Ghost