Billy "The Dr." Incardona Interview from 2007

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
TAR interviewed Billy back in the summer of 2007 at a Olathe Pool Tourney.

He pontificates on the tourney, Diamond tables and stakehorses. Good stuff.

My question is Billy was saying him and several other guys got together and opened a pool room for players. Had about 8 9ft Diamonds in it and one 7 ft and it was nicely laid out with lots of room between tables. He also stressed several times that it was a pool room for players. Not huckleberries (my word) but for players.

Is this room still open? I did a quick search for a website but didnt' see one. I love the idea of something like that... small room , top notch equipment, lots of room and caters to the "players" Sounds like a lot of fun.

Anyone been there? Billy, what's the scoop on it? Is/Was it a pretty cool place? Busy? Lots of action?

Hope The Dr. will sit down with me for a interview at the DCC. ???????

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8512740385698882029#

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
CaliRed said:
TAR interviewed Billy back in the summer of 2007 at a Olathe Pool Tourney.

He pontificates on the tourney, Diamond tables and stakehorses. Good stuff.

My question is Billy was saying him and several other guys got together and opened a pool room for players. Had about 8 9ft Diamonds in it and one 7 ft and it was nicely laid out with lots of room between tables. He also stressed several times that it was a pool room for players. Not huckleberries (my word) but for players.

Is this room still open? I did a quick search for a website but didnt' see one. I love the idea of something like that... small room , top notch equipment, lots of room and caters to the "players" Sounds like a lot of fun.

Anyone been there? Billy, what's the scoop on it? Is/Was it a pretty cool place? Busy? Lots of action?

Hope The Dr. will sit down with me for a interview at the DCC. ???????

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8512740385698882029#
Cali, that room is history, but it was a great room for the players. The room had an elevated stage with a ledge and chairs aroud it. It also had about 15stools and tables in the center of the stage, cool. Great for the sweaters, not a bad seat in the place. There was eight 9ft Diamond tables, and 1 Dia. bar table, all in perfect level. There also was more than ample space between tables, never a problem of waiting for players to shoot on adjacent tables.:cool: The problem that we had with the room is that it was located in a dry area,(no alcohol) and we really didn't have a restaurant, only hot dogs and chips. In addition to that our rent was much too high $2,900 a month. The investers had more money than sense and we had to eventually close the room.:(

It was a free standing bldg. that once was a Chinese restaurant with an enormous kitchen area in the back, along with several offices. It also had 2 large bathrooms with stalls, way too much area to cool and heat. There were 5 partners and 2 of them had a differen't vision then the other 3, and we were constantly disagreeing with oneanother.:eek: Bottom line, bad decision about the location but never the less a great room for the players while it lasted.:)

Billy I.

RobertDuke

Who else thinks that Steve needs to interview Billy and put it up on this SITE and quick.. I will donate a few bills to see this happen.. =)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
RobertDuke said:
Who else thinks that Steve needs to interview Billy and put it up on this SITE and quick.. I will donate a few bills to see this happen.. =)
What do you mean when you say "put it up on the site quick"? That worries me.

You didn't mean that he should be quick to interview me? (now i'm really worried)

Billy I.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
wincardona said:
It was a free standing bldg. that once was a Chinese restaurant with an enormous kitchen area in the back, along with several offices. It also had 2 large bathrooms with stalls, way too much area to cool and heat. There were 5 partners and 2 of them had a differen't vision then the other 3, and we were constantly disagreeing with oneanother.:eek: Bottom line, bad decision about the location but never the less a great room for the players while it lasted.:)
Billy, do you think that if everything else was the same, except that the room could have served beer, would the room have been a success?

The reason I ask is that many of us long for a "player's room", but presumably something apart from pool would have to be added so that the overhead would be covered.

In my view, partnerships are not very likely to succeed. Where there are more than two partners... forget about it.

Doc

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
RobertDuke said:

wincardona said:
What do you mean when you say "put it up on the site quick"? That worries me.

You didn't mean that he should be quick to interview me? (now i'm really worried)

Billy I.

One of ya may have one foot on a banana peel. :D :p :)
Rod.

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
The Room

The Room

Was that the one down in Texas .... had live stream on the internet where you could chose the feed from any, all, or a combination of 1,2,3, or 4 cameras?

That was a GREAT setup. And it closed before I could wend my way there.