From
SoCal
... against one of Santa Monica's best.

Attachments

• Efren&Boomer.jpg
    Efren&Boomer.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 0

ZigZag

Chess is huge in the Philippines. That country just has great taste in general.

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
How did it end up?

Damn you people leaving us hanging!

Ken

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Has anyone seen the 60 Minutes story about the 19 year old Norwegian chess phenomenon who is now officially the best chess player who has ever lived? Somebody should teach him one pocket.

ZigZag

Has anyone seen the 60 Minutes story about the 19 year old Norwegian chess phenomenon who is now officially the best chess player who has ever lived? Somebody should teach him one pocket.

I don't think he has surpassed Kasparov quite yet, but I'd bet on him doing so. His skills are just unreal. It's amazing how much of a chess-boom he has caused in Norway. It seems like every other person I'm up against on chess.com is Norwegian and it's a country where chess was never largely popular. It's kind of like the popularity in chess that occurred from Fischer becoming World Champion in '72...or so I've heard (wasn't alive then).

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I don't think he has surpassed Kasparov quite yet, but I'd bet on him doing so. His skills are just unreal. It's amazing how much of a chess-boom he has caused in Norway. It seems like every other person I'm up against on chess.com is Norwegian and it's a country where chess was never largely popular. It's kind of like the popularity in chess that occurred from Fischer becoming World Champion in '72...or so I've heard (wasn't alive then).

He has the all time highest rating, what I find amazing is that Kasparov has been
giving him access to all of his opening theory and sharing his knowledge with him.
Probably save him years of intense wasted study.