New addict to the drug 1P

Three.Two.N.D.

Hello all. New member to the forum and to the game of 1p. Already addicted to the game n dont see myself goin bak to 9 ball. Any tips for a new player? Already read thru the primer on this site. Dont know if this has been asked but is there certain things I should do my current cue for 1p? Seein that 1p is more finesse then 9 ball should i go with a cue lighter n softer tip? Also is low deflection cue better or worse for 1p since it adds all that spin on the cue ball? Thanks everybody. Lookin forward to learnin alot from all members on this site.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Three.Two.N.D. said:
Hello all. New member to the forum and to the game of 1p. Already addicted to the game n dont see myself goin bak to 9 ball. Any tips for a new player? Already read thru the primer on this site. Dont know if this has been asked but is there certain things I should do my current cue for 1p? Seein that 1p is more finesse then 9 ball should i go with a cue lighter n softer tip? Also is low deflection cue better or worse for 1p since it adds all that spin on the cue ball? Thanks everybody. Lookin forward to learnin alot from all members on this site.

Just use whatever you're used to and comfortable with.
Rod.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Three.Two.N.D. said:
learn the moves and strategy. azb is the place to ask about what to do with your cue. welcome aboard:)

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
Three.Two.N.D. said:

The best thing you can do is buy some accu-stats one-pocket dvds. Not only do you get to see the best one-pocket players from years back, you get to see the best of todays breed. The commentators will teach you in a month what it would take you years to learn own you own.

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
Welcome to our site! Your question about cue and tips, here is my thoughts. Cue-- whatever you have will do fine.
Tips-- I use one that I can put alot of english on a ball. I use a Killer that is hard as a rock, but will put alot of spin on a ball with out the miscue.---Smitty

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I much prefer a soft tip for One Pocket, because for me, I can shoot softly with lots of english and not worry about miscuing so much with a soft tip. My non-finesse "stroke" doesn't work as well for soft spin shots with a hard tip. If you have a good confident stroke with a hard tip, it obviously can work, but I think you need to stay a little closer to the center of the cue ball -- at least from my experience. I do a lot of slow rolling in One Pocket and prefer the softer hit. To each his own, though.

Tramp Steamer

Verified Member
Don't worry about your cue, that will all take care of itself. Just buy some T-shirts from Freddy and The Ghost and you're good to go.