Is There Any Interest In An S,M & S Raffle?

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
The last time I think donations to the site were $10 per number and we used some lottery from Canada with 49 numbers to decide it. Is there any interest now or is it too early in the year?

Dennis

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
The last time I think donations to the site were $10 per number and we used some lottery from Canada with 49 numbers to decide it. Is there any interest now or is it too early in the year?

Dennis

Dennis,

We have a lot of new members and a lot of new-to-the-game members who have asked what books would be useful to them in learning one pocket. I'm thinking it might go over pretty well.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
For those new members and lurkers who don't know what S, M & S means, it is one of the two premier One Pocket classics written by Eddie Robin -- Shots, Moves & Strategies. Both of Robin's books are out of print, and both are lauded as not only the best books on One Pocket of all time, but right up there as the best pool instruction books of all time, no matter what the game. They sell for +/- 200 each when they show up on eBay or used book sellers.

Like these on abebooks.com: http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=Eddie+Robin&kn=one+pocket&sortby=17&sts=t&x=65&y=6

For some of you onepocket.org visitors who have not yet registered for onepocket.org, this makes a good incentive to join now and get in on the chance to win this One Pocket classic. Registration is easy and you know you visit often :D http://www.onepocket.org/forum/register.php?

unoperro

Verified Member
I would do 4 #'s. 5,21,25,33
Thanks Cowboy for considering.

Last edited:

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I bought my S,M, and S from Eddie in 2008, I think, along with the last WWP he had. I don't remember what I paid but it was around 400 or so. I read both books thoroughly several times and in 2014 I sold them for 450. You can't really go wrong.

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
I bought my books (WOP & SMS) together for $250 from Jersey Red himself before he passed on. Great gentleman.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I would be interested - Thanks!
Dave

I would do 4 #'s. 5,21,25,33
Thanks Cowboy for considering.

Thanks for the interest guys but there are 49 numbers to use and 2 guys responding isn't going to get the job done.

I'll wait a month or two and check again.

In the event that new members or potential members don't know what this offer is about, it's this: I'm going to donate a brand new Shots, Moves & Strategies and the $10 per number will be donated to the site and Steve Booth for administration of the site. I take nothing and want nothing.

Dennis

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
dennis
its very generous of you to offer the book
especially when you dont post much anymore
hope all is well
larry

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Thanks for the interest guys but there are 49 numbers to use and 2 guys responding isn't going to get the job done.

I'll wait a month or two and check again.

In the event that new members or potential members don't know what this offer is about, it's this: I'm going to donate a brand new Shots, Moves & Strategies and the $10 per number will be donated to the site and Steve Booth for administration of the site. I take nothing and want nothing.

Dennis

If there is no interest here, maybe doing the raffle on one of the facebook marketplace sections w/over 10,000 members could be used to raise money for onepocket.org? (John Barton runs one "Open Billiards Market). I can ask him if it's allowed and learn what it takes to admin it. If you think it's a good idea I would be happy to help your offer gain traction.

Onepocket.org may even get additional members (will include how to enroll in the raffle post).

Anyway, just an idea, I hate to have your generosity go to waste.

Thanks,
Dave

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
If there is no interest here, maybe doing the raffle on one of the facebook marketplace sections w/over 10,000 members could be used to raise money for onepocket.org? (John Barton runs one "Open Billiards Market). I can ask him if it's allowed and learn what it takes to admin it. If you think it's a good idea I would be happy to help your offer gain traction.

Onepocket.org may even get additional members (will include how to enroll in the raffle post).

Anyway, just an idea, I hate to have your generosity go to waste.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave,

It's no big deal to me, it saves me a lot of time and work:). I did the same thing near Christmas in 2014 and had to call it off also: http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9571

Maybe later in the year would be better. Thanks for your concern but we'll get it done sooner or later.

Dennis

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Dave,

It's no big deal to me, it saves me a lot of time and work:). I did the same thing near Christmas in 2014 and had to call it off also: http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9571

Maybe later in the year would be better. Thanks for your concern but we'll get it done sooner or later.

Dennis

It's nice of you to make the offer to raise money for this site! I would be happy to help if needed.

Dave