About a minute

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Guys I meant once you have established everything looking at the pics.. score, pocket, balls, angles ( in other words stuff that takes seconds in a game when at the table) ... THEN you have a minute to make your first choice.

3RAILKICK

Verified Member
Guys I meant once you have established everything looking at the pics.. score, pocket, balls, angles ( in other words stuff that takes seconds in a game when at the table) ... THEN you have a minute to make your first choice.

On average, do you take longer making a shot selection on the first shot after the break, trying to answer the break?

Should this be viewed as the most critical decision and shot execution time, or not necessarily? I'm considering a poor shot and/or decision at the opening game stage, may mean there is no middle or end game.:eek:

thanks

onepockethacker

Verified Member
On average, do you take longer making a shot selection on the first shot after the break, trying to answer the break?

Should this be viewed as the most critical decision and shot execution time, or not necessarily? I'm considering a poor shot and/or decision at the opening game stage, may mean there is no middle or end game.:eek:

thanks

Yes a lot of times the first shot after the break is the KEY shot and sometimes takes a little longer.. An interesting side note about the break.. There is a match on youtube between Cliff Joyner and Shannon Daulton.. Shannon broke real good but the strange/funny thing was Cliff got up from his chair walked to the table and got down and kicked the length of the table for an intentional.. In other words Cliff from his chair 10 feet from the table and on the side could tell there was no need to look at any other possible options.. I guess he has seen so many scenarios he knew instantly from where he was sitting what the only shot he had was..