Alex vs. Efren 2008 D.C.C. #5

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
The dynamic duo in action once again. It's AP's shot. What would you do, or more importantly since this is Halloween, what is the only thing you wouldn't do?

AP's Shot.jpg

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
The dynamic duo in action once again. It's AP's shot. What would you do, or more importantly since this is Halloween, what is the only thing you wouldn't do?

View attachment 4314

This is a perfect shot. A shot I got a lot of heat for in a thread awhile back. Rail first kick bank on the 11/15? The ball in front of the right hand pocket down at the head rail.
Monster shot.

Beard

What I had said before is that you try and leave that ball there in hopes of a situation like this coming up where you can use it to your advantage.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
This is a perfect shot. A shot I got a lot of heat for in a thread awhile back. Rail first kick bank on the 11/15? The ball in front of the right hand pocket down at the head rail.
Monster shot.

Beard

What I had said before is that you try and leave that ball there in hopes of a situation like this coming up where you can use it to your advantage.

Absolutely the correct shot, even an idiot (or a Ghoat could see it)...JK, JK, JK..:p :p

PS..I have found someone worse than "Mc Swain" to argue with...Lou and I, have had a running gun battle with John Barton (JB cases) over at AZB, and I am certain he could spot you, or ER, 10 to 2 and the snap for vindictive, ego-ness, and b******g...Of course, he had the thread pulled (over 300 posts, 275 of them his) when he started getting the worst of it..:(... As you know,even his own clique can't stand him..:rolleyes:

Didn't realize how good I had it over here...Beardman,...You are "John Wayne", compared to that whiney biatch...:p

Last edited:

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Ditto

Ditto

Monster shot.

Beard

Thats the shot I see!!!! Keith

bstroud

Verified Member
I like the same shot.

Low right to kill the cue ball.

Perfect shot.

Bill Stroud

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Absolutely the correct shot, even an idiot (or a Ghoat could see it)...JK, JK, JK..:p :p

PS..I have found someone worse than "Mc Swain" to argue with...Lou and I, have had a running gun battle with John Barton (JB cases) over at AZB, and I am certain he could spot you, or ER, 10 to 2 and the snap for vindictive, ego-ness, and b******g...Of course, he had the thread pulled (over 300 posts, 275 of them his) when he started getting the worst of it..:(... As you know,even his own clique can't stand him..:rolleyes:

Didn't realize how good I had it over here...Beardman,...You are "John Wayne", compared to that whiney biatch...:p

The other week I was in there and Barton was demonstrating how great kamui chalk was supposed to be. I never saw such a mess in my life. He started miscueing like crazy. He had to be high or drunk or have something wrong with him. I couldn't believe he put it up there. You had to see it to believe it. Unless it was supposed to be some kind of joke, but I don't think so. He loves aiming that aiming system too and never fails to pimp it. How can he run a business and put up so many posts like that. It amazes me.. How does he find the time. Of course they say if you need somebody to do something get a busy person to do it. But I'd have to pass on that ****ing nut case............

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Most obvious shot with a little reverse spin..Sorry Ghost, I couldn't resist. View attachment 4319

Frank my man, on the contrary...thank you, thank you, please keep it up - you guys are doing a great job helping me get action by letting everybody know that I shoot shots like that...ya know, I just can't stop myself from shooting those kind of shots cuz they're so much fun to try!...:)...

I made printouts of all the posts where you guys point out those shots that I shoot, and I bring them with me to the poolroom and show them to guys when I'm matching up...:)

- Ghost

Weatherman

Verified Member
From
Atlanta, Ga.
Simple

Simple

Obviously..... he should roll the eleven in and leave the cue ball frozen to the end rail.... that'd be North Dakota. Eleven goes on the spot in scoring position for AP.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Looks good on paper.

Looks good on paper.

Obviously..... he should roll the eleven in and leave the cue ball frozen to the end rail.... that'd be North Dakota. Eleven goes on the spot in scoring position for AP.

I'm with you here Dave, despite most of our more knowledgeable players agreeing with the kick bank on the 11 ball. Too much distance with that shot and margin for error is lessened considering the position of the 6 ball. Plus the cue ball is positioned too close to the rail, and there really isn't a lot of good positions the 11 ball can end up in. If you either happen to lose the cue ball or run into the 6 ball with the 11 ball things will get worse real fast.:eek: It's a very good shot if hit well and the 11 ball ends up in a favorable position, but I don't see that happening. Time to show a little patience and roll the 11 ball in.:sorry

After rolling the 11 ball in Reyes won't have a good side of any ball to come off of other than the 3 ball. If he comes off the 3 ball at least you will have that side of the table open as an ally.

Billy I.

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Monster shot.

Beard

I think this is the shot too, either this shot or roll the 11 in and put it on the spot. Who knows what goes through a players mind during a game, Alex took several minutes and walked to the head of the table twice to look things over and then did this:confused::

Freddy, you and Danny D. co-commentated this match and you advocated the kick-bank on the 11 then also:).

AP's Shot.jpg

Here's how he left Efren:

CapturedPicture_6.Jpeg

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I think this is the shot too, either this shot or roll the 11 in and put it on the spot. Who knows what goes through a players mind during a game, Alex took several minutes and walked to the head of the table twice to look things over and then did this:confused::

Freddy, you and Danny D. co-commentated this match and you advocated the kick-bank on the 11 then also:).

View attachment 4325

Here's how he left Efren:

View attachment 4326

I don't like his choice, it looks to me that he gave up what little position that he had by shooting his blocker (6 ball) away and opening up the table for Reyes to comfortably get out of the potential jam.

I liked rolling the 11 ball in.

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I'm with you here Dave, despite most of our more knowledgeable players agreeing with the kick bank on the 11 ball. Too much distance with that shot and margin for error is lessened considering the position of the 6 ball. Plus the cue ball is positioned too close to the rail, and there really isn't a lot of good positions the 11 ball can end up in. If you either happen to lose the cue ball or run into the 6 ball with the 11 ball things will get worse real fast.:eek: It's a very good shot if hit well and the 11 ball ends up in a favorable position, but I don't see that happening. Time to show a little patience and roll the 15 ball in.:sorry

After rolling the 11 ball in Reyes won't have a good side of any ball to come off of other than the 3 ball. If he comes off the 3 ball at least you will have that side of the table open as an ally.

Billy I.
Another factor that I neglected to address is that the angle offered for the kick bank is a little flat, certainly not ideal. I prefer a steeper angle which would offer more of a sweet spot for the ball being banked, in terms of not only controlling the 11 ball but controlling the cue ball as well. Plus it's an angle that is easier to judge.

To make this a little easier to understand move the cue ball 6" to the right of where it is now and then look at the angle. Yes this angle is flatter than the original one, but the flatter the angle the more difficult the hit becomes to get the results needed. The original angle is ok, but still a little flat, that coupled with the distance of the shot makes this shot play difficult.

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Dave, your avatar looks to me like your buddy is Cole Dickson's friend...Keith Mc Cready.

Billy I.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
so does efren bank the six put the cueball on the 2??
or bank the 6 and snuggle the cue on the 3/7??
ep1.jpg

tylerdurden

Verified Member

This is the shot i liked too. It will normally roll off a little and its hard to get him on that rail, but i dont like kicking as it could hit that ball in the middle of the table.