A question for the Ghost

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Given that "the Color of Money" was filmed in Chicago and many scenes at Chris' Billiard (your hangout!), did Tom Cruise model the hair style of his character, Vincent Lauria, after you or did you model your hair style after Vincent?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Given that "the Color of Money" was filmed in Chicago and many scenes at Chris' Billiard (your hangout!), did Tom Cruise model the hair style of his character, Vincent Lauria, after you or did you model your hair style after Vincent?

C'mon Petie, get serious...of course his stylists modeled his hair after mine - I was one of their consultants...:heh...here's a pic of me, taken at Freddy's pool/card club, in about 1980 - 5 years before TCOM was made ----->

- Ghost

PS, On a side note, here's a sad poolroom story...

Unless Freddy has some pics that I don't know about, this might be the only pic from his North Shore Billiard Club...and it's too bad, cuz I would have had a lot more pics of that club for posterity/pool history...what I mean by that is...

I was doing some photography back at that time, and one day I brought my camera (a 35mm Pentax) to the club to take some pics...I shot a whole roll and got a lot of great pics - of the layout of the club, of action games going on, of Artie playing Gin, of all the guys, etc. etc....then I got in a game and put the camera in the back room/office...after playing til 3:00 am or so, I was tired when I left and forgot to take my camera...well, when I went back the next afternoon to get it so I could process the film - the camera was gone - stolen..:mad:...and we never found out who did it or got the camera back..:(..and unfortunately, after eventually getting a new camera, I never took those pics again.

PPS, Can any of you cue experts/collectors out there recognize what kind of cue I'm playing with - with the 2 silver foil bands in the butt sleeve? - I wish I still had it...:frus

Attachments

• ME @ NORTH SHORE BC.jpg
    ME @ NORTH SHORE BC.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
- Ghost

PS,
I was doing some photography back at that time, and one day I brought my camera (a 35mm Pentax) to the club to take some pics...I shot a whole roll and got a lot of great pics - of the layout of the club, of action games going on, of Artie playing Gin, of all the guys, etc. etc....then I got in a game and put the camera in the back room/office...after playing til 3:00 am or so, I was tired when I left and forgot to take my camera...well, when I went back the next afternoon to get it so I could process the film - the camera was gone - stolen.

Left in the office ? SUCKER ! To many SS members there.
Rod.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
C'mon Petie, get serious...of course his stylists modeled his hair after mine - I was one of their consultants...:heh...here's a pic of me, taken at Freddy's pool/card club, in about 1980/5 years before TCOM was made ----->

- Ghost

PS, On a side note, here's a sad poolroom story...unless Freddy has some pics that I don't know about, this might be the only pic from his North Shore Billiard Club...and it's too bad, cuz I should have had a lot more pics of that club for posterity/pool history...what I mean by that is...

I was doing some photography back at that time, and one day I brought my camera (a 35mm Pentax) to the club to take some pics...I shot a whole roll and got a lot of great pics - of the layout of the club, of action games going on, of Artie playing Gin, of all the guys, etc. etc....then I got in a game and put the camera in the back room/office...after playing til 3:00 am or so, I was tired when I left and forgot to take my camera...well, when I went back the next afternoon to get it so I could process the film - the camera was gone - stolen..:mad:...and we never found out who did it or got the camera back..:(..and unfortunately, after eventually getting a new camera, I never took those pics again.

PPS, Can any of you cue experts/collectors out there recognize what kind of cue I'm playing with - with the 2 silver foil bands in the butt sleeve? - I wish I still had it...:frus

Tom Cruise aint got nothin on that.

Too bad about that roll of film.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
C'mon Petie, get serious...of course his stylists modeled his hair after mine - I was one of their consultants...:heh...here's a pic of me, taken at Freddy's pool/card club, in about 1980 - 5 years before TCOM was made ----->

- Ghost

PS, On a side note, here's a sad poolroom story...

Unless Freddy has some pics that I don't know about, this might be the only pic from his North Shore Billiard Club...and it's too bad, cuz I would have had a lot more pics of that club for posterity/pool history...what I mean by that is...

Those interested to see what North Shore really looked like can watch this video of of this link.

http://bankingwiththebeard.com/?p=1078#LegendaryNorthShoreBilliardClub.InterviewwithArtieBodendorfer.

Beard

Where was I while they were doing this? Probably up in the office freebasing with a local slut (or multiple sluts).

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I would move or delete this but I don't have access to admin from my phone. Sorry Ghost because this started off great

Thanks for the deletions Steve - although I didn't see today's posts in the thread and don't know what was said because I left for the poolroom at 12:30 today...I did see the post from last night though - that was posted by the usual poster that just posts in order to piss on someone's thread, and to put up his same old tired unfunny insult jokes.

I played Chicago Mike for 5 hours this afternoon..he's a very tough game for me...for those of you that know him, he said he's going to try and make it to the DCC this year, and he'll see you all there.

- Ghost

Last edited:

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
jeez, ghost....:)
what was that stick?

you didnt miss much, its just obvious that mr3C and SJD have a crush on one another.....:eek::lol

bozman445

Verified Member
I don't blame Steve for DELETING certain posts, they got out of hand!

Respectfully;
Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

I agree that Steve did the right thing deleting that flame war portion. But it is kind of a shame to forever lose that new nickname you creatively coined, "Claim Jumper."

Would it be possible to just keep that alive?

Bozman

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Thanks for the deletions Steve - although I didn't see today's posts in the thread and don't know what was said because I left for the poolroom at 12:30 today...I did see the post from last night though - that was posted by the usual poster that just posts in order to piss on someone's thread, and to put up his same old tired unfunny insult jokes.

I played Chicago Mike for 5 hours this afternoon..he's a very tough game for me...for those of you that know him, he said he's going to try and make it to the DCC this year, and he'll see you all there.

- Ghost
Good to hear that Mike is playing. He is another player that if he was a little more active here, would be great to sponsor!

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
is the cue a paradise??
View attachment 7621

Ghost:

You took your Look from Liscotti....the trickle down effect w/o the Rolls Royce;). I saw an interview of Paul Neuman (in his twilight yrs) about when he had won the best actor award for his portrayal in the color of $$$$. He said it was the Only time in his career he was able to play a similar part twice (hustler) and he enjoyed it ALLOT because he Knew he could do a much better acting job, and it showed. I contacted the BCA at the time and suggest our industry try and ride on the coattails of his billiard movies, it even came up in their minutes of a board meeting. They dropped the ball, actually they dropped the whole rack/tray and idea, smelled of personal agendas, old school 1% er thinking if ya ask me.

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Ghost:

You took your Look from Liscotti....the trickle down effect w/o the Rolls Royce;). I saw an interview of Paul Neuman (in his twilight yrs) about when he had won the best actor award for his portrayal in the color of $$$$. He said it was the Only time in his career he was able to play a similar part twice (hustler) and he enjoyed it ALLOT because he Knew he could do a much better acting job, and it showed. I contacted the BCA at the time and suggest our industry try and ride on the coattails of his billiard movies, it even came up in their minutes of a board meeting. They dropped the ball, actually they dropped the whole rack/tray and idea, smelled of personal agendas, old school 1% er thinking if ya ask me.
Let me guess -- they were worried about the gambling image of pool :rolleyes:

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Let me guess -- they were worried about the gambling image of pool :rolleyes:

Actually most of the board members are more concerned about their tip tools etc./personal business/ and their this and that, they think short term. My guess is that half of the board don't even play pool or even know how to run two balls. I happened to address the board meeting at that time after Paul Neumans death in Boulder for their quarterly meeting and I overheard em talking about this opportunity. The only person that asked questions and showed interest was Sean Cummings of Brunswick who was then then the BCA board president. I called em the following monday and he said, Bill I'm stepping down as the BCA board president and quitting Brunswick and going to work in Milwaukee at Malco.