pics

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
please help me fill in the blanks
i can recognize from top row
jimmy moore/cicero murphy?/ray martin?/eddie taylor /???/nick varner /mike siegal
bottom row
???/miz/???
champions dinner.jpg

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Just going by looking at some of the other pics/captions he has on that page could they be Jimmy Caras or Danny Jones? (I don't know either one)

t-dog

Verified Member
Just going by looking at some of the other pics/captions he has on that page could they be Jimmy Caras or Danny Jones? (I don't know either one)

Just met Omaha John at our IA state tourney this year. Cool Compilation

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Just a load of horsepucky like Freddy and Stroud.
I recognized a lot of the pic's but captions are confusing.

Yea I think the captions are definitely confusing and some are wrong. He has the same picture up in 3 places, not sure who it even is:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Yea I think the captions are definitely confusing and some are wrong. He has the same picture up in 3 places, not sure who it even is:

Bill (Weenie Beenie) Staton shooting..for sure. Joey Spaeth in the back row maybe Craig Stevens next to him, Rodney would know.

Dr. Bill

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.

Even the pic captions are wrong, although shooter is Beanie, guy on the end is bill Mullins (one of the best lemon men of all) and you should know the good looking fellow near the middle, I haven't seen him in 40/50 years, It's joey Spaeth. :)

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Ahhh, ok. I saw where he captioned this photo as Joey Spaeth in one of them and I didn't think that looked like him shooting but I can see him in the back.

Thanks Rod and Dr. Bill ~

Jimmy B

Verified Member
please help me fill in the blanks
i can recognize from top row
jimmy moore/cicero murphy?/ray martin?/boston shorty /???/nick varner /mike siegal
bottom row
???/miz/???
View attachment 14679

Isn't the guy with the sharpie in his hand, left of Miz, Lou Butera? The girl Jean Balukas.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I am sure many of you have seen this already but I just stumbled upon the link on AZB and thought I would share it. Some 1p.org player sightings in there!

Enjoy :)

http://konnections.net/rodcurry/Pool%20Players%20Photos.htm

Yes, Rod (RIP) collected photos -- many from the internet, including from here on onepocket.org and many from Mary Kenniston's facebook page. Unfortunately he was one of those people that didn't seem to recognize the value in crediting his source, so as neat to see as his collection is, it rubs some of us the wrong way a little due to the lack of credit.

FYI all of you pic collectors out there. We don't mind so much that you collect per se -- we know people will do that -- but please respect our effort to create or discover the pic in the first place and at the very least, include a photo credit...

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
please respect our effort to create or discover the pic in the first place and at the very least, include a photo credit...

...Even if you are just copying it for your own collection. That way, in case you happen to want to re-post it somewhere later, you haven't forgotten whom to credit.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I agree with giving credit where credit is due...

I don't know if they have anything like this or not, but if not - a cool invention would be to have the ability to embed a photo credit in the actual image itself. Not where you could see it on the actual picture but either when you mouseover it or if you right click it and go to properties it would give the proper credits.

That way, if people re-post them down the line, it always keeps the credits embeded in the photo...

Speaking of photos, did you happen to get any good shots at the US Open Steve? :)