C. Bryant vs. S. Daulton 2006 D.C.C.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
It was a good break, and there's not much left to brighten up Charlie's day. In the third picture, he seems to be playing off the 5, probably planning to creep forward to get behind the 9. He should beware of a kiss on the 5, and he is just hoping to buy a better shot next time. Not likely.

Here is something I look for, and what I would do in this spot, since that is what you asked. Look at the location of the cue ball. If he kicks directly off the center diamond on the head rail, he can reach the mirror image of his present location, on the other side of the table. That takes him outside the 6 ball and to the long rail. Ideally, he can stop the cb between the 9 ball and the rail, but that's hoping for perfect speed. However, it's a pretty safe area, with no banks available for Shannon. To me, the only danger is hitting the ball too hard and risking a scratch off the 9.

It's not bad, and better than anything else I see. I imagine you will get some pretty exotic moves today.

Tennessee Joe6

Verified Member
From
Middle Tennessee
I would shoot in to the 5 with high right. The 5 should hit the 6 and send both out of his pocket area. The cue ball should end up between the 9 and the pocket.

This removes two balls from his side and reduces his break advantage.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
In the third picture, he seems to be playing off the 5, probably planning to creep forward to get behind the 9. He should beware of a kiss on the 5, and he is just hoping to buy a better shot next time. Not likely.

You don't want to read too much into this pic, CB goes up & down more than Linda Lovelace.

RBL

bstroud

Verified Member
I would shoot into the 5 ball with stun and put the cue ball behind the 9.

Bill Stroud

Deeman

Verified Member
I would shoot into the 5 ball with stun and put the cue ball behind the 9.

Bill Stroud

That is what I would have done. I know it does not move any balls your way but sometimes you just have to duck for a moment.

DeeMan

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Im hitting the 11 ball into the 14, 10 combo and freezing the cueball on the 13 ball. Alot of balls will be coming back to my hole.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I could be wrong, but it looks like Charlie might just have a perfectly straight on shot directly at the 2-ball, to follow straight ahead around behind that 9-ball. If so, I like this better than the crawling forward shot off the 5-ball because of less chance of scratching and better chance to get behind the 9-ball.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2012-04-11_21-31-47.jpg
    Greenshot_2012-04-11_21-31-47.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 0

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I could be wrong, but it looks like Charlie might just have a perfectly straight on shot directly at the 2-ball, to follow straight ahead around behind that 9-ball. If so, I like this better than the crawling forward shot off the 5-ball because of less chance of scratching and better chance to get behind the 9-ball.
I like Steve's shot a lot if available, this is not the time to get fancy. If Steve's shot is not available, I would also consider kicking two rails, falling inside of the 6 ball and then toward the 9 ball. I would only shoot that shot if I felt I was a huge favorite to perform it. Stroud's shot doesn't look available, with his shot you must be able to see slightly past the center of the 5 ball to execute his shot, it looks like you can't hit enough 5 ball for the shot. Hackers shot is a good shot if you're being backed, if you pull it off you got a backer for life.:D Anrod's shot is a shot that I would strongly consider, this shot could possibly be the best shot, even if Steve's shot was available, imo. The key to Rodney's shot, is you're close enough to hit the 3 ball with speed, and control the cue ball at least 80 to 85% of the time. Good things can happen for you with this shot, plus you're controlling the cue ball.;) Once again, your close enough to the 3 ball to hit and stopLet the balls go where they may, do not compromise the accuracy of the shot, all cue ball.

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Im hitting the 11 ball into the 14, 10 combo and freezing the cueball on the 13 ball. Alot of balls will be coming back to my hole.

That's what I would probably end up shooting unless Steves' shot is laying perfectly. It looks like that is what C Bryant is checking out in RBls third layout, and by the way, good to see you sir. Did you go awol? Next time it's an article 15 for you sir.............

bstroud

Verified Member
Larry,

I saw this shot also but if you do not get behind the 9 ball you will leave a very good kick at the stack.

Bill Stroud

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
RBls third layout, and by the way, good to see you sir. Did you go awol? Next time it's an article 15 for you sir.............

No JB, I've been having problems posting pics and computer running slow. Apparently there are no viruses or any malware problems, it's starting to look like a mechanical issue (overheating maybe).

I'm getting help and I also have CaliRed on speeddial if necessary:p.

RBL

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

You win a cookie Steve:). That's almost exactly what he did but the cueball rubbed the 14 ball just enough to change the shot a little.

CB's Shot.jpg

Here's how he left it for Shannon:

CapturedPicture_8.Jpeg

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Think it through.

Think it through.

Let's take a closer look at the last situation, before and after Charlie shot. Like I mentioned earlier I liked Steves shot, but with Steves shot to be effective you must position the cue ball behind the 9 ball. Even then you still have to defend against the straight back bank on the 6 ball:confused: So if choosing Steve's shot the ultimate ending position for the cue ball should be behind the 9 ball and leaving an awkard angle for the possible return bank with the 6 ball.:help I know this task isn't easy, but it's there to get. That brings us to the option that Rodney suggested, striking the 3 ball and sticking with speed.;) There is at least a 90% chance of not leaving a return shot with this option, plus the execution of his shot is fairly simple.:)

Let's now take a look at the position that Daulton is left in. Daulton can position the cue ball back in the stack in two ways, either off the 5 ball, or the 10 ball and Charlie will be in more trouble than he was before shooting the 2 ball. Maybe he should of shot Rodney's shot.:D

Dr. Bill