Frost vs Artie & Ronnie

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Could any one of us defend our own selected words from 4 years ago?

If you wrote the truth 4 years ago wouldn't it still be the same today? Would you back it up or would you simply blame me (as AB did) for pointing the words out?

If a man doesn't have his word then he has nothing.

P.S. I didn't "select" AB's words; they were all highlighted sentences about one-pocket in an otherwise occupied thread. He now wants to take issue with the words he wrote which means he's arguing with himself but that's nothing new.

Dennis

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Not to put too fine a point on it but we grow, we change our opinions, we forget things, we see things we may not have seen before. Unless we are stuck with our ego and unable to do so. It was true 4 years ago but this (whatever) is how I feel today and it is true too. Now if you are talking about absolutes, maybe they will never change. Most things do. Heracletus wrote about this thousands of years ago.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Not to put too fine a point on it but we grow, we change our opinions, we forget things, we see things we may not have seen before. Unless we are stuck with our ego and unable to do so. It was true 4 years ago but this (whatever) is how I feel today and it is true too. Now if you are talking about absolutes, maybe they will never change. Most things do. Heracletus wrote about this thousands of years ago.

If you wrote the truth 4 years ago wouldn't it still be the same today?

AB wrote these things in 2011. That's only 4 years ago. He was referencing things that had been going on for more than 4 years. Is his memory/recollection better now or was it better 4 years ago? Has his memory improved in the last 4 years? This has nothing to do with us getting older and/or forgetting things, which I do every day. This is about a man who always wants to shape the narrative to fit his version of history.

A man's got nothing but his word.

P.S. F@@k Hercules:D

Dennis

chief

Verified Member
and f@@k you arrogant f@@k. Yes its your opinion and that's mine

keoneyo

Verified Member
I begged and pleaded with my Mom for over 10 years to quit her 3 pack a day habit.
All she said was. "Sorry son, I cant quit. I just cant".
When she went to see her physician to get a check up.
Her Doctor said. I think you have Lung Cancer.
She quit immediately. Never smoked again.
I said you cant quit, for me. And now the Doc says you have the big C
and you quit like that?
What happened to "I cant quit!"
By then it was too late.
Facts are one thing. Truths are another.
Things change as time goes on.
Tish happens.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

Dennis

Man, it is really hard for me to stay out of a good argument :heh but I think the stuff you highlighted from Artie's words 4 years ago were his opinions which he thought were true. Facts don't change but opinions do.

And, btw, it wasn't Hercules... It was Harry Cletus who I think was a guy who used to shine shoes at the Spot Club in Shreveport. :D

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Man, it is really hard for me to stay out of a good argument :heh but I think the stuff you highlighted from Artie's words 4 years ago were his opinions which he thought were true. Facts don't change but opinions do.

And, btw, it wasn't Hercules... It was Harry Cletus who I think was a guy who used to shine shoes at the Spot Club in Shreveport. :D

You sure it wasn't Harry Reems from The Bronx? Anyway, some of my worst arguments in life were with myself. Evidently, I wasn't the only one

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL

AB wrote these things in 2011. That's only 4 years ago. He was referencing things that had been going on for more than 4 years. Is his memory/recollection better now or was it better 4 years ago? Has his memory improved in the last 4 years? This has nothing to do with us getting older and/or forgetting things, which I do every day. This is about a man who always wants to shape the narrative to fit his version of history.

A man's got nothing but his word.

P.S. F@@k Hercules:D

Dennis

Heracletus not Hercules.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.

Was he cross eyed or was that the Subway? :)
Rod.
P.S. A friend sent me into the Subway and told me one of the domino players would play $10 nine ball. He said the player was cross eyed.
I walked up to the game and asked if anyone played 9 ball, when the four players looked up three were cross eyed.
I knew I'd been had, I started laughing and left. :)

P.P.S. Before I insult someone else, my apologies to any and all cross eyed members. :sorry

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Was he cross eyed or was that the Subway? :)
Rod.
P.S. A friend sent me into the Subway and told me one of the domino players would play $10 nine ball. He said the player was cross eyed.
I walked up to the game and asked if anyone played 9 ball, when the four players looked up three were cross eyed.
I knew I'd been had, I started laughing and left. :)

P.P.S. Before I insult someone else, my apologies to any and all cross eyed members. :sorry

Mid-60s, I lived for about six months in a hotel halfway between the Subway and the Spot Club, establishing myself as a professional gambler. I don't know now how I lasted that long, but when I got tired of bologna sandwiches, I got one of those things.... whaddaya call it... short word.... starts with a "J"... maybe ends with a "B".... :eek:

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
Mid-60s, I lived for about six months in a hotel halfway between the Subway and the Spot Club, establishing myself as a professional gambler. I don't know now how I lasted that long, but when I got tired of bologna sandwiches, I got one of those things.... whaddaya call it... short word.... starts with a "J"... maybe ends with a "B".... :eek:

You mean one of those things that screws your stroke up?