shooters olathe 1p

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Great to see LSJohn and many other friends here.

Strong St Louis contingent here with Bergman, Quinn, Arizona Jay, Little Jake, Dustin, and moi here. (kollegedave being the only recalcitrant.)

I think Dustin has covered the highlights. All the usual suspects here with some players from Dallas and as far away as New Mexico.

Doug Patrick and Josh Treadway here as well as Joe Salazar. There's also a guy here with a booth selling some off-brand cases, the name of which escapes me at the moment :) cue collector extraordinaire, Will Prout here too.

58 players. Think the first buy went for over a $1k. Then there were a lot of $600 buys. Bergman and Woodward drew each other the first round. Think Justin won but not sure.

I played well against Harriman, so I'm actually pretty happy. Beat him the first game, lost the second 8-5, then the last two games went down to the last ball or two. After he said, "You know the game" which made me feel pretty good, coming from a 300 ball runner.

Afterwards Dustin and I consumed copious quantities of beer and eyed some jäger shots but thought the better of it.

The room is packed with players and I suspect there will be action tonight as tables start opening up.

That is all.

Lou Figueroa

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado

Strong St Louis contingent here with Bergman, Quinn, Arizona Jay, Little Jake, Dustin, and moi here. (kollegedave being the only recalcitrant.)

I think Dustin has covered the highlights. All the usual suspects here with some players from Dallas and as far away as New Mexico.

Doug Patrick and Josh Treadway here as well as Joe Salazar. There's also a guy here with a booth selling some off-brand cases, the name of which escapes me at the moment :) cue collector extraordinaire, Will Prout here too.

58 players. Think the first buy went for over a $1k. Then there were a lot of $600 buys. Bergman and Woodward drew each other the first round. Think Justin won but not sure.

I played well against Harriman, so I'm actually pretty happy. Beat him the first game, lost the second 8-5, then the last two games went down to the last ball or two. After he said, "You know the game" which made me feel pretty good, coming from a 300 ball runner.

Afterwards Dustin and I consumed copious quantities of beer and eyed some jäger shots but thought the better of it.

The room is packed with players and I suspect there will be action tonight as tables start opening up.

That is all.

Lou Figueroa

How's the cigarette smoke in the room??

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
How's the cigarette smoke in the room??

Doesn't seem bad to me, but I smoke. They have at least two big "smoke eaters" and the HVAC is more than adequate to control temp, so there's a lot of air movement. High ceilings as well.

When Ike is here he sometimes wears his mask, and sometimes doesn't. He's super-sensitive.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

That is all.

Lou Figueroa

Good job Lou

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Good job Lou

Thanks, Jim, appreciate it. I fell one round short of the money but had a blast. Played nine hours straight yesterday on the losers side. I'm beat.

When I left I think it was down to Bergman and Andy Quinn, both St. Louis lads. Perhaps a couple of others.

Here's the chart, if anyone is so inclined.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• IMG_0910.jpg
    IMG_0910.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 0

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Thanks, Jim, appreciate it. I fell one round short of the money but had a blast. Played nine hours straight yesterday on the losers side. I'm beat.

When I left I think it was down to Bergman and Andy Quinn, both St. Louis lads. Perhaps a couple of others.

Here's the chart, if anyone is so inclined.

Lou Figueroa

Thanks, Lou. I was curious about the brackets.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Justin Bergman won.

2. Chip Compton

3. Andy Quinn

4. Mitch Ellerman

Bergman won the winners' bracket. In the potential two-set final, Compton had him down 2-0 and an "electric chair bank" for his out ball to force set 2, but missed it. (cross-corner, OB 4 inches from OP's pocket 1 inch off the rail, CB barely off bottom rail and 3 inches off long rail near shooter's pocket. He would make that bank over 90% IMO>)