R. Martinez vs. E. Reyes 2014 D.C.C. #2

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
No score and Efren to shoot. What would you do?

er44.jpg

er33.jpg

er22.jpg

er11.jpg

I did not mention this at first because I did not think it important but it turns out now that it may be. I believe the referee called the cueball frozen to the 12 ball but I can't hear it for certain. He appears to be pointing at the 12 here.

er55.jpg

Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Kick him in the ice...

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
2 rail kick behind the 2 with straight high english and pocket speed. Try to make the 8 ball in my pocket, and double him up behind the 2 /10, or leave him with no angle for shape on another ball. Disaster and peril are my middle name!

Last edited:

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
What I'm seeing is a Very controllable force follow drag/draw cue ball.

Since the cue ball appears frozen to the 12 I'm shooting directly at it. The carom angle of the frozen 12 ball off the 14 may hit the 13 first. I'll aim directly at the 13 to ''park it'' if still there....if not, there's enough drag draw to keep my cue ball easily near the short rail.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
2 rail kick behind the 2 with straight high english and pocket speed. Try to make the 8 ball in my pocket, and double him up behind the 2 /10, or leave him with no angle for shape on another ball. Disaster and peril are my middle name!

What I'm seeing is a Very controllable force follow drag/draw cue ball.

Since the cue ball appears frozen to the 12 I'm shooting directly at it. The carom angle of the frozen 12 ball off the 14 may hit the 13 first. I'll aim directly at the 13 to ''park it'' if still there....if not, there's enough drag draw to keep my cue ball easily near the short rail.

It's impossible to hear on the DVD but I believe the referee called the cueball frozen to the 12. I did not think to mention it in post #1. I will add it to that post now.

Jeff, I think this would prevent your two rail kick.:sorry

ID, it may make your shot legal:)

er55.jpg

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I dont like it at all...

But my shot is slow roll into the 6/1 making sure he is behind the 3 ball. If he wants to shoot the combo or the umbrella shot of the back of the stripe by his hole so be it. This is easy enough to execute and if I don't get behind the 10 like John suggested, I leave him a shot.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Slow roll off the left side of the 6 to go behind the 10.

Efren may have been playing this but I think the ball rolled straight and he did not hit it hard enough to get behind the 10. Tough to be precise semi-jacked up and slow rolling.

er shot.jpg

He left Martinez here:

er leave.jpg

Several strange twists and turns in this match. Great shots by both players and some mistakes you wouldn't believe, including the next two shots:p. I place this match in the top 10 One-Pocket matches to own for strategy, offense, defense and several other enses,

Dennis