B. Incardona vs. G. Mathews 1994 Roanoke One-Pocket Championship

cuesmith

Verified Member
Considering it's that straight shooting Billy, I'd guess he sliced the 4 ball in and broke up the stack. If it was me, I'd bank the 11 straight back and send the cueball up table above Grady's hole.

WillieNilly

Verified Member
From
N.E Pennsylvania
offensively i see 2 shots i might choose from.

1.thin the 4 to my hole and spinning whitey 3or4 rails towards the corner pocket on my side....he wont(shouldnt) have a offensive shot and it would be tough to get my ball cleared without giving me a few return options from that angle...13 may be a blocker.

2.shooting the 4 ball with draw i...like a straight pool break shot. (very offensive "a" shot)....only if im 1000% sure i can make it.

I dont like crossing the 13 ball to my hole...... I see danger with the qball being anywhere near the gradys side ....with the 3 ball hangin out like that.

so that said....i like the first choice.

Terry Ardeno

Verified Member
From
Washington, Pa
C-D,
First of all, thanks for posting pics of these shots. I don't know how to work a wei table, even though I peeked at your wei table instructional thread. My mind can't grasp technological stuff.

As for the shot I would take, I would try to bank the 13 up table with high left and hopefully, sink it or else, leave it close while at the same time, leaving snow up table near the other corner pocket down from Grady's pocket.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I like the CB here better than up table. If you draw a little much, hope you don't leave a bank on the 2 ball.
Rod.
PS, Really no need for draw, just hit down on the CB a bit.

Attachments

• billy.jpg
    billy.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 0

Terry Ardeno

Verified Member
From
Washington, Pa
androd said:
I like the CB here better than up table. If you draw a little much, hope you don't leave a bank on the 2 ball.
Rod.
PS, Really no need for draw, just hit down on the CB a bit.

That's a great shot, but I'll share what I was afraid of in that shot. If your speed control is off even a little if you miss the 13, then Grady has a nice shot on the 3. I choose up table in case I miss the 13, remembering that distance is an ally. If I make it, I can shoot the outside edge of the 3, moving balls away from Grady's hole and toward Bill's.

timdog24

Verified Member
lll said:

I like this shot because it's hill-hill and I want to do the simplest thing I can do to get a ball near my hole and have protection. My cue ball would probably come in between the 6 and 2 (instead of around the 6 like III posted).

I might shoot Rod's shot if it wasn't hill-hill and I wasn't over the stack.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
If Billy can nip the stack after cutting the 2-ball with pocket speed -- that should work out well even if the 2 doesn't quite fall... that's what I like.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2011-01-06_07-55-26.jpg
    Greenshot_2011-01-06_07-55-26.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 0

SJDinPHX

Suspended
NH Steve said:
If Billy can nip the stack after cutting the 2-ball with pocket speed -- that should work out well even if the 2 doesn't quite fall... that's what I like.

Me too !...first shot I saw...

bstroud

Verified Member
NH Steve said:

That's the shot I would shoot.

Bill Stroud

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
cuesmith said:
If it was me, I'd bank the 11 straight back and send the cueball up table above Grady's hole.
If you are referring to the 13 ball, he did check it out but didn't like bridging over the balls I guess.
CapturedPicture_15.Jpeg

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
timdog24 said:
I like this shot because it's hill-hill and I want to do the simplest thing I can do to get a ball near my hole and have protection. My cue ball would probably come in between the 6 and 2

TD, you and lll were on the track:) . I thought it was a very good idea, I didn't think of it the first time I watched the vid.

Bill's Shot.jpg

Here's how he left it:

CapturedPicture_13.Jpeg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Cowboy Dennis said:
. I thought it was a very good idea, I didn't think of it the first time I watched the vid.
]
thats why being a member of 1p .org is so great:)
you could learn alittle from some of us:D