another scott efren re run

youngstown

Verified Member
I'm trying to look beyond the simple kick off the head rail here. Maybe bank the 10 over to my side and leave him on the head rail straight on the 1.

yk

youngstown

Verified Member

Tough spot. I guess I'd have to go for the 3-rail kick behind the 1, and I'd try to shoot it to take a foul on the back of the 1.
I didn't even think of the 3 railer, I need to practice that more!

yk

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Top right English, hit the stripe first with medium speed, and the cue will billiard into the three, traveling along that tangent line. When the cue hits the rail, it will pick up speed and park behind the six. The slight hit should force the stripe to the rail, preventing a bank if you don't quite hide the cue ball.

He will have a long rail bank on the stripe, but you will be in a better place to play defense from there.

youngstown

Verified Member

Top right English, hit the stripe first with medium speed, and the cue will billiard into the three, traveling along that tangent line. When the cue hits the rail, it will pick up speed and park behind the six. The slight hit should force the stripe to the rail, preventing a bank if you don't quite hide the cue ball.

He will have a long rail bank on the stripe, but you will be in a better place to play defense from there.
I like it

yk

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I don't think that shot is available.
One rail to thin the 1 is

Seems to be on for me and for me personally it's easier to avoid the scratch and place it behind the 1/6 instead of the 1 rail long

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

My first thought is to hit the 14 with RHE. Carom off the 7 to the bottom rail and spin into the corner behind the 9 or 2. The 7 should end up low which will block the bank lane on the two just in case he can see it.

tucson9ball

Verified Member
From
Tucson Arizona

I like this shot.
Wish I could see the angle to the other balls at the top of the stack from behind the Q ball, might be something there?

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
My first thought is to hit the 14 with RHE. Carom off the 7 to the bottom rail and spin into the corner behind the 9 or 2. The 7 should end up low which will block the bank lane on the two just in case he can see it.

I should know better than to challenge both you and BRLongArm, but I think your CB goes right at the 6 because you're going to hit the solid (7 or 3) too full and you can't get to the bottom rail except off of it (if I understand your shot.)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

in the original thread rod liked that shot
here was his diagram
androd shot 2.jpg

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I'm in favor of driving with force directly into the striped ball on the spot and parking the cue ball on what looks to me to be the two ball. I'm looking to shake something up and clear a few of those loose balls around my opponent's pocket. Can't baby this shot. It has to be hit firmly or it's no good.

As long as nothing comes directly back toward the cue ball and kicks me out, I should be okay.

Tom

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
this is from a gambling match of scott and efren where scott does the commentary with mark wilson a few days after the match
scott didnt like the position he was and he didnt see anything he really liked
he got down to do something with the stripe and solid by the foot rail
couldnt tell if he was trying the shot suggested by many or trying a split shot to make the solid
he got down to shoot at the stripe on top of the stack
but didnt like that either
his words "i really didnt know what to do"
so he took a foul
ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE STACK
continued

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
he said you never want to take a foul on the wrong side of the stack but he felt he had no other choice
also he said he felt
efren would just take a foul back
his words
"if the player didnt like where he was the first time he wont like it the second time"
(paraphrased)
so thats what he did
he took a foul and efren put him back where he started
there are multiple shot sequence i want to show so bear with me here
se42.jpg

and efren put him back where they started but froze to the rail
se43.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
he still didnt see anything he liked so he took another foul
figuring efren would foul back
they both would owe 2
"i wanted to extend the game making efren have to run more balls to win"
so he took a foul but this time nudged the 2 alittle
se44.jpg
and efren fouled him back
this time not froze to the rail
se45.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
now scott shot the shot some loked of hitting the stripe on top of the stripe and freezing on the solid
se47.jpg

leaving efren here
se48.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i know some will say he could have shot that without taking 2 fouls
for some reason he didnt like that shot at first presentation
he didnt comment on it
but i put this one up to show that taking a foul on the 'WRONG SIDE'
of the stack is not always bad and even the best in the world do it when they feel desperate
your thoughts??