Jr Hendy Final Dcc Report

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Home at last. It was another great experience, especially the finals matches in the arena, but the action could have been better.

RE: The partner game with Ghost & Bernie, I had them right where I wanted them. I took a 3/1 lead, stalled to let them tie it up, and when we going to resume the match, intended to jack it up and come off the stall. Then Ghosty got sick and we could not finish the match. :D

The last game we played The Ghost banked three or four and out. He looked over at me after every bank went in and when he made the final bank that won the game, his head whipped around so fast to look at me I thought the poor guy might have suffered a whiplash. It was fun while it lasted and Bernie was a perfect partner for him, letting The Ghost interrupt him before a shot and even shooting The Ghost's selection sometimes. I don't want to stir it up here but Bernie could give The Ghost a ball. Just sayin.

I did ok in the one pocket senior mini, finishing 3rd/4th and made it to the 6th round in the main one pocket event. The only reason I got that far was because Corey Deuel didn't show up for our fifth round match. I doubt it was fear that kept him away and I would have enjoyed playing him. Sylver Ochoa dusted me in the 6th round.

I played SVB in the banks and had no chance.

The action just wasn't there for me this year. Most of the games I could get were bad ones and the games I finally made near the end were also too tough. I played Gary Lutman getting 9/8 and made it to the hill game and even had a chance to win but couldn't bring it.

My other match was with Whitey who has a pool room in Ohio and he shot too straight and banked better than I did, winning 5/3. Both great guys to play who you could have a little fun with, but I have to face it, I can't compete with the younger good players anymore. I can hang for a while but I run out of gas. Couldn't get any of the other old guys to play and got out of line to finally get some action. Will be asking for weight next year unless I find some oltimers like me to play.

RE: Dippy, I mentioned on another thread I thought he hurt the action. A good part of the $$ that goes in the action room kept going into games the action guys made pooling their $$ and firing at Dippy and it ended up in his pockets. I guess he was good for the people at home watching TAR, but it had to hurt the on site action. I hope he stays home next year unless I get to play him.

Still the best pool experience there is.

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA
jrhendy said:
Home at last. It was another great experience, especially the finals matches in the arena, but the action could have been better.

RE: The partner game with Ghost & Bernie, I had them right where I wanted them. I took a 3/1 lead, stalled to let them tie it up, and when we going to resume the match, intended to jack it up and come off the stall. Then Ghosty got sick and we could not finish the match. :D

The last game we played The Ghost banked three or four and out. He looked over at me after every bank went in and when he made the final bank that won the game, his head whipped around so fast to look at me I thought the poor guy might have suffered a whiplash. It was fun while it lasted and Bernie was a perfect partner for him, letting The Ghost interrupt him before a shot and even shooting The Ghost's selection sometimes. I don't want to stir it up here but Bernie could give The Ghost a ball. Just sayin.

I did ok in the one pocket senior mini, finishing 3rd/4th and made it to the 6th round in the main one pocket event. The only reason I got that far was because Corey Deuel didn't show up for our fifth round match. I doubt it was fear that kept him away and I would have enjoyed playing him. Sylver Ochoa dusted me in the 6th round.

The action just wasn't there for me this year. Most of the games I could get were bad ones and the games I finally made near the end were also too tough. I played Gary Lutman getting 9/8 and made it to the hill game and even had a chance to win but couldn't bring it.

My other match was with Whitey who has a pool room in Ohio and he shot too straight and banked better than I did, winning 5/3. Both great guys to play who you could have a little fun with, but I have to face it, I can't compete with the younger good players anymore. I can hang for a while but I run out of gas. Couldn't get any of the other old guys to play and got out of line to finally get some action. Will be asking for weight next year unless I find some oltimers like me to play.

RE: Dippy, I mentioned on another thread I thought he hurt the action. A good part of the $$ that goes in the action room kept going into games the action guys made pooling their $$ and firing at Dippy and it ended up in his pockets. I guess he was good for the people at home watching TAR, but it had to hurt the on site action. I hope he stays home next year unless I get to play him.

Nice report as usual John.

I can't hang with you John, you're just too tough, but if I go to the DCC next year and beat the GingerBread Man out of any dough I will be shooting it at you will only need a little weight from you.

thanks,
JoeyA

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
JoeyA said:
Nice report as usual John.

I can't hang with you John, you're just too tough, but if I go to the DCC next year and beat the GingerBread Man out of any dough I will be shooting it at you will only need a little weight from you.

thanks,
JoeyA

Seems like we broke even for $200 a game in Gulfport when I was much younger (3 years).

Or am I getting so senile my memory is failing me?

If you beat the Gingerbread Man playing even I get some weight.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
jrhendy said:
RE: The partner game with Ghost & Bernie, I had them right where I wanted them. I took a 3/1 lead, stalled to let them tie it up, and when we going to resume the match, intended to jack it up and come off the stall.

I just don't get it - we shot the breeze a lot at the DCC - you met my girlfriend, talked to her a couple of times, she liked you....you're supposedly "Gentleman John"...but...

In my DCC thread talking about our match, I said it was a hard fought, competitive match, and we all had fun - that's what it was to me...

In your post here, you instead choose to knock my game, disrespect me, and also demean the match: "I was stalling" - "Sometimes Bernie would agree with Ghost's shot choice" - "Bernie plays a ball better than the Ghost" - And worst of all, a total ****ing lie - that I looked at you after each bank that I made when I ran out the last game...I didn't look at you once...I was totally focused on the table, not looking up at all, concentrating to stay in the zone I was in and make the next shot....You misrepresented me here on the site, and I don't appreciate it - making me sound like some punk that needs to look at you and gloat after each shot....I take a lot of pride in how I play the game, and how I act towards my opponents - I play hard, but like a gentleman......only after making the last bank, did I celebrate/high-five with Bernie - like every player would...

You know..my nickname might not be 'Gentleman Ghost', but I'll tell you what...if it had been you that had made that tough banking run out that I did in that last game....I would have come on our site here and complimented you for it - not untruthfully disrespected you.

- Ghost

PS, If anybody on here wants to hear a third party, honest man's observation on this...please pm Deeman and ask him - he was watching all of it, from 3 feet away.

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:
I just don't get it - we shot the breeze a lot at the DCC - you met my girlfriend, talked to her a couple of times, she liked you....you're supposedly "Gentleman John"...but...

In my DCC thread talking about our match, I said it was a hard fought, competitive match, and we all had fun - that's what it was to me...

In your post here, you instead choose to knock my game, disrespect me, and also demean the match: "I was stalling" - "Sometimes Bernie would agree with Ghost's shot choice" - "Bernie plays a ball better than the Ghost" - And worst of all, a total ****ing lie - that I looked at you after each bank that I made when I ran out the last game...I didn't look at you once...I was totally focused on the table, not looking up at all, concentrating to stay in the zone I was in and make the next shot....You misrepresented me here on the site, and I don't appreciate it - making me sound like some punk that needs to look at you and gloat after each shot....I take a lot of pride in how I play the game, and how I act towards my opponents - I play hard, but like a gentleman......only after making the last bank, did I celebrate/high-five with Bernie - like every player would...

You know..my nickname might not be 'Gentleman Ghost', but I'll tell you what...if it had been you that had made that tough banking run out that I did in that last game....I would have come on our site here and complimented you for it - not untruthfully disrespected you.

- Ghost

PS, If anybody on here wants to hear a third party observation on this...please pm Deeman and ask him - he was watching all of it, from 3 feet away.

If you perceived my post as disrespectful you are still not feeling well or letting that thin Chicago skin show through again. Just because there are not smiley faces all over it doesn't mean it wasn't tongue in cheek.

Sorry you took it that way.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
C'mon, Ghosty. Didn't you realize that Hendy was just joshing you? You've been around him long enough to know that he'd never seriously criticize anyone-- certainly not someone he's joked and gambled with. I doubt that anyone believed John's post was snide. Did you take a grumpy pill today?:D

Doc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
gulfportdoc said:
C'mon, Ghosty. Didn't you realize that Hendy was just joshing you? You've been around him long enough to know that he'd never seriously criticize anyone-- certainly not someone he's joked and gambled with. I doubt that anyone believed John's post was snide. Did you take a grumpy pill today?:D

Doc

Doc & Ghost,

While I was poking a little fun at Ghost in my post, it was taken as disrespectful and obviously hurt his feelings. There is no right or wrong when it comes to the way you feel about something.

I apologize to the Ghost and any forums members who think I disrespected him. It was not my intent. John

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
jrhendy said:
I apologize to the Ghost and any forums members who think I disrespected him. It was not my intent. John

John, You hurt my feelers also. Please sent me your Cuestick and all will be forgiven.:D :p
Rod.

senor

Verified Member
Smiley faces are like the wayfinding signs of the forums. But as a sarcastic ass myself, I appreciated John's needle from the outset.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
senor said:
Smiley faces are like the wayfinding signs of the forums. But as a sarcastic ass myself, I appreciated John's needle from the outset.

I thought it was 'caustic' dry humor, at its best...I was jealous...;) C'mon Ghosty, even the newest "newbie" wouldn't have taken it serious...:rolleyes:

PS..I bet Don Rickles, in his carreer...steered clear of Chicago...He would have been tortured and lynched..:eek:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I’ll just say this one last thing to qualify what I posted last night…

First of all, don’t give me that thin-skinned/hurt feelings bs….thing is, people conveniently play the ‘thin-skinned card’, so they can ‘innocently’ excuse/defend what they wrongly said, and then accuse the other guy for being ‘thin-skinned’…

I didn’t/don’t really have any problem at all with John having said he was stalling, or that Bernie and I disagreed on shot choices, etc. - that falls into the category of the usual needling that we do on here all the time…

But what he untruthfully said about me looking at him smugly or whatever, after every shot in my runout, is a whole different thing - that’s what I have a big problem with - that‘s wrongly depicting my character to all on this site...If I didn’t refute that, FOR SURE all of the one pocket.org members who weren’t there, and who don’t know me and the gentleman-gambler way I conduct myself when playing, would have believed that, and pictured me smirking at John after my shots, like a bush-league attitude or something…

And forget about any bs about how “I took it wrong”, or whatever….That was an untruthful, character-attacking thing to say about me - period - and it had to be refuted.

- Ghost

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
One Pocket Ghost said:

First of all, don’t give me that thin-skinned/hurt feelings bs….thing is, people conveniently play the ‘thin-skinned card’, so they can ‘innocently’ excuse/defend what they wrongly said, and then accuse the other guy for being ‘thin-skinned’…

I didn’t/don’t really have any problem at all with John having said he was stalling, or that Bernie and I disagreed on shot choices, etc. - that falls into the category of the usual needling that we do on here all the time…

But what he untruthfully said about me looking at him smugly or whatever, after every shot in my runout, is a whole different thing - that’s what I have a big problem with - that‘s wrongly depicting my character to all on this site...If I didn’t refute that, FOR SURE all of the one pocket.org members who weren’t there, and who don’t know me and the gentleman-gambler way I conduct myself when playing, would have believed that, and pictured me smirking at John after my shots, like a bush-league attitude or something…

And forget about any bs about how “I took it wrong”, or whatever….That was an untruthful, character-attacking thing to say about me - period - and it had to be refuted.

- Ghost
hey ghost
first of all you should be proud of your banking run out:)
second that is revealing your true speed:eek:
you should be upset at that:D
p.s.
how do you and bernie play head 2 head??:rolleyes:
just askin

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
One Pocket Ghost said:

- Ghost
I know how you feel Bruce, i've been accused of that arrogant behavior many times and it doesn't feel good.:mad: But we do play the correct shots.:D

Billy I.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
lll said:
hey ghost
first of all you should be proud of your banking run out
second that is revealing your true speed:eek:
you should be upset at that
p.s.
how do you and bernie play head 2 head??:rolleyes:
just askin
ghost why dont you show us your banking run out?
im sure all of us will tell you a better way to get out:D
seriously 4 banks to the same pocket is not something you see all the time
(unless you play bugs or taylor:) )

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Hmmm...

Hmmm...

One Pocket Ghost said:
...First of all, don’t give me that thin-skinned/hurt feelings bs….thing is, people conveniently play the ‘thin-skinned card’, so they can ‘innocently’ excuse/defend what they wrongly said, and then accuse the other guy for being ‘thin-skinned’…

....And forget about any bs about how “I took it wrong”, or whatever….That was an untruthful, character-attacking thing to say about me - period - and it had to be refuted.

- Ghost

Gee, Ghost....so you're saying that it's really a matter of personal integrity that you object to your pool character being misrepresented? Right? ...And that it isnt some local Chicago disease that causes the infamous thin-skin-ed-ness -- a paradox of itself considering how cold the Chicago climate is?
....wait a minute tho... is it still thin-skinned to want to whack somebody with a bat when they resort to calling you thin-skinned after insulting you?...Hmmm inquiring minds want to know. ...also if anyone objects, and is driven to reply to this post wouldn't he therefore have to also be pinned with the ubiquitous label, thin-skinned?

Beard

To be clear, very little of this was directed at JH, of course

DWS

Verified Member
From
Chicago
Gentleman Ghost

Gentleman Ghost

I have personally watched the Ghost play many times against many different people and have never ever once seen him act in the way he was described. He has always conducted himself as a gentleman, and like I said I base this on watching hours and hours of him playing, not a single afternoon and including against players trying to get him to lose it. Has never happened. While I'm sure his several bank run was impressive, in the grand scheme of things that was nothing. I've seen that many times from him and have seen runouts and shots from him that are far more impressive and have never once seen him gloat, smirk or any other thing similiar.

Anyway, I'm just sayin.

P.S. I know u guys like to go back and forth with each other and it's very entertaining sometimes, but could we please get back to one pocket? With everyone including Ghost. Freddy, Billy, SJD, JH, and everyone else (sorry guys too many of u to list) so punks like me can learn and hopefully someday beat a couple of you old farts before you need walkers! Again I'm just sayin!

Thx

A thick skinned Chicagoan

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
jrhendy said:

John I missed playing you and maybe one day we will play again.

And I dont think its wright that I should waite too much longer because no matter what you think age will affect all our games.

And you were one off my most enjoyable games I ever played. All we both did was play to win. I belive we could play for a week and thier wouldnt be two words said. Because we both understand each other.

And we both play too wi not too bust each others balls. And when two people play fot money. Thier respect should be mutule. And gambling and busting balls has never been enjoyable or part off my game.

We are gambling and we are playing too win its not nessacery for either player too say anything. Respect is a big part off the game.

And a lot off players never learned that. And when you gamble and loose youre money it never feels good too the person that looses.

And bothplayers should play too win. Not to see who can bust whoes balls and agrevate the other person the most.

And If a person is that kind off player. Not too meny people will play you.

And with a person with money and if that person loves the game and you aggrevate him. He will be looking too play someone else.

And if you play like a human being lots off people will make games with you. Aggrevating people does not help you win. All it does is chase youre opponent away too play a nicer person.

And you end up loosing a good man that would have lost his money too you. But by agravating youre opponent you mite loose him forever.

People who realy love the game play too win. But the enjoyment part plays a bigger part. Thats why people play certain people who are nice too them.

I can honestly and proudly say The people I played 40 yearsago will still play me. I played too win and I never had one arrgument with anyone I ever played.

When I stop and think about it whats thier too argue over. BUt some people always find something. I guess its because thats what they want too do aggrevate thier opponent.

BUt nobody wants too loose thier money too someone who agrrevates them. Especialy when we get up in years. Who needs it. Thier is no pleasure in arguing. And it only makes things ugly.

And I can honestly say even as much fun Dippy would be too play. THier is no nicer man too play then John.

And I might play again some time and I wouldnt ask for a spot even if I new I could get it. Because thier is not a nicer man too play then John. And if he wins. it doesnt make me feel bad.

Dont get me wrong I dont like loosing. But Loosing too someone like John. Will make me feel good because off all the effort and desire he puts into winning. And he playes his heart out too yhe last ball. And I dont think anyone loves pool more then John.

You are a real classy man too play. And youre word is 100% with me.

And John is too nice a man too bust anyones balls. He is thier for one thing and one thing only. To play Pool. And Thats Johns life and love and nobody can take that away from him.

I am in your corner John you showed me who you are and what you are about. And nobody can change that.

And as far as being nice you can spot me the 2 and the nine. So I just wanted you to no that. Weather we ever play again or not.

You are what people are looking for in a friend.

Give it all you have. Thats all we can do when we are playing against the clock.

And you stand up and play like you are a young man in his 20S. Youre age does not showe on you or in youre game. AB.