1ST Senior One Pocket Classic (Players List)

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Ok, the Barber is coming to the party. Just booked the flight. Add my name to the list.

Great news! I will be there Weds afternoon/night to play Disco Dave some cheap. I know I will be tired after a long day traveling. Should be there all day Thursday for a little action.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Jeff,
Did you ask Play the Game for an embroidered collared shirt for April's 2016 event?

JoeyA

No, it was a bit of a pain in the posterior last time, and quite frankly I've been dealing with some family health issues for about two months now.

I'm pretty sure he would be willing to make them though, why don't you PM him and see what he has to offer.

thebaby

Verified Member
2015 1st Annual SUPER SENIOR One Pocket classic shirts

2015 1st Annual SUPER SENIOR One Pocket classic shirts

To everybody concerned , I would have been more then happy to Have a shirt ready for this event , but nobody contacted me . So I just assumed nobody wanted one . One of the posters asked me recently , but with such short notice , it would be very tough to do. We are very busy this time of the year , with all the events being scheduled.
On a side note: I really enjoyed being a part of history in the making , we work very hard in producing a product , that not only helps the game , but the players feel good wearing it. We hope to be a part of future events . I have always had a passion for this game , and I will do whatever I can to help it.
I'm rooting for the CALIFORNIA STUDS TO COME OUT ON TOP AGAIN.:)

Anybody wishing to get one of the original 2015 1st Annual SUPER SENIOR One Pocket classic polo shirts , feel free to contact me , I would be glad to make you one.. several colors available.

Attachments

• K469_seniorx2.jpg
    K469_seniorx2.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 0
  • ST680_Irongrey_1ST SENIOR.jpg
    ST680_Irongrey_1ST SENIOR.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 0
  • ST680_truenavy_1ST SENIOR.jpg
    ST680_truenavy_1ST SENIOR.jpg
    411.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Welcome aboard Jerry Matchin

Welcome aboard Jerry Matchin

Another of our own here at onepocket.org joined the party today. Welcome Jerry, you are # 22, there are 2 slots left. See post # 38 for the line-up in the 1st Annual Senior One Pocket Classic.

See ya soon Jerry

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
pm sent ...

California is certainly well represented at this years 1ST Annual Senior One Pocket Classic Tournament. A quick look at the entrants will reveal a tough road to the 1st place prize, whoever wins this one will have earned the title.

There are some great and experienced players coming from all around the country to compete in this first age based Classic one pocket event, including two Hall of Famers and renowned authors of books on one pocket.

The field is close to filling to capacity (24) and we are still about a month away from kickoff and we have 22 paid entries. John Rizzo (Manager of Bogies) has asked me to relay the fact that his spot in the field will be given up if need be, so if we fill out the 24 spots, he will give his spot to the 25th player wanting to play the event.

Things have a way of going astray, especially at our age, and sometimes conditions warrant withdrawal from an event, should this happen with any of the registered entries, I will post the information ASAP, so we can go forward with a full field of players.

I must say, David Richardson ( Owner of Bogies Billiards) is very excited about this new event and is looking forward to meeting all the great players and their friends and family. Hopefully this tournament will be the 1st in a long successful line of Senior events for Bogies Billiards and all the players, friends, family, and fans who make the journey.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
California is certainly well represented at this years 1ST Annual Senior One Pocket Classic Tournament. A quick look at the entrants will reveal a tough road to the 1st place prize, whoever wins this one will have earned the title.

There are some great and experienced players coming from all around the country to compete in this first age based Classic one pocket event, including two Hall of Famers and renowned authors of books on one pocket.

The field is close to filling to capacity (24) and we are still about a month away from kickoff and we have 22 paid entries. John Rizzo (Manager of Bogies) has asked me to relay the fact that his spot in the field will be given up if need be, so if we fill out the 24 spots, he will give his spot to the 25th player wanting to play the event.

Things have a way of going astray, especially at our age, and sometimes conditions warrant withdrawal from an event, should this happen with any of the registered entries, I will post the information ASAP, so we can go forward with a full field of players.

I must say, David Richardson ( Owner of Bogies Billiards) is very excited about this new event and is looking forward to meeting all the great players and their friends and family. Hopefully this tournament will be the 1st in a long successful line of Senior events for Bogies Billiards and all the players, friends, family, and fans who make the journey.

I attend quite a few tournaments when I can, and I have to say I never had a better time than I did at the Super Seniors Tournament in October. Of course winning it helped, but the treatment by the host room, Bogies, and the way the tournament was run and set up so we had plenty of time for action or just visiting with old friends and new, made that tournament very special. This one will be even better and the list of players is another who's who of senior one pocket players from around the country with a much tougher field because they are letting those youngsters in (65 & over) this time.

With RedCard's (Chuck S) help, we are putting together a flyer with everyone's picture on it and I will bring a copy for all the players in the tournament. We have around twenty pictures and will need the others once the field fills up. You can email your pic to jrhendy39@yahoo.com or text to 530-391-8316.

Thank you Bogies, can't wait to get there.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
i attend quite a few tournaments when i can, and i have to say i never had a better time than i did at the super seniors tournament in october. Of course winning it helped, but the treatment by the host room, bogies, and the way the tournament was run and set up so we had plenty of time for action or just visiting with old friends and new, made that tournament very special. This one will be even better and the list of players is another who's who of senior one pocket players from around the country with a much tougher field because they are letting those youngsters you servin' straws with that lemonade :eek: in (65 & over) this time.

nope, it's the youngin's letting in the oldsters ;)

with redcard's (chuck s) help, we are putting together a flyer with everyone's picture on it and i will bring a copy for all the players in the tournament. We have around twenty pictures and will need the others once the field fills up. You can email your pic to jrhendy39@yahoo.com or text to 530-391-8316.

Thank you bogies, can't wait to get there.
jrh.......

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Is QlcnBill (formerly ScrzBill) not playing? What's Henderson going to do without his good luck roommate?...;):D

~Doc

He bought a bunch of farm equipment and is busy in the boonies clearing some land. Frank The Barber, Bill Meacham and I are rooming together. Bill was in California quite a few years before going to Colorado. We all go way back. I have known Frank since the 60's and Bill since the 70's. Now that Baby Huey (Jerry) has decided to come, California will have a strong group with Jerry and Wayne added to the mix.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I can't wait.

Tough lineup. The only guys I have a chance against are the ones I don't know... except LeBlanc. I'll dust his ass off no problem. :D

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
1ST Senior One Pocket Classic (Players List)

He bought a bunch of farm equipment and is busy in the boonies clearing some land. Frank The Barber, Bill Meacham and I are rooming together. Bill was in California quite a few years before going to Colorado. We all go way back. I have known Frank since the 60's and Bill since the 70's. Now that Baby Huey (Jerry) has decided to come, California will have a strong group with Jerry and Wayne added to the mix.

What a fantastic event this is turning out to be!!

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA
No, it was a bit of a pain in the posterior last time, and quite frankly I've been dealing with some family health issues for about two months now.

I'm pretty sure he would be willing to make them though, why don't you PM him and see what he has to offer.

I see that he answered and that because of time, he will not be able to make a shirt for this event.

Sorry to hear about the family health issues. Hope they continue to improve.

JoeyA