They called him Reverend

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I was too young to realize how great a man he was. I wish he could be here now to help us with this great country we have.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
The good die young.

I still haven't studied his life enough to separate fact from fiction. All I know for sure is that I was too ignorant to appreciate him in his time, and I'm sure I should have.

"I may not get there with you..."

Damn.

baby huey

Verified Member
I was with Young Blood (James Brown) yesterday and he told me a story about him being on the road in Memphis and stayed in the same hotel MLK did but had checked out two days before the tragic event. It affects him to this day. Great picture. I forwarded it to him.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I was with Young Blood (James Brown) yesterday and he told me a story about him being on the road in Memphis and stayed in the same hotel MLK did but had checked out two days before the tragic event. It affects him to this day. Great picture. I forwarded it to him.

Tall Jimmie and I were in Memphis when he was shot, They rioted and broke into pawn shops on Beale St. The law put a curfew on, we spent the night in Raby's pool room on the the city square.

keoneyo

Verified Member

Send Youngblood this shot.
WWYD MLK?

MLK WWYD (677x626).jpg

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I still haven't studied his life enough to separate fact from fiction. All I know for sure is that I was too ignorant to appreciate him in his time, and I'm sure I should have.

"I may not get there with you..."

Damn.

I don't know about his whole life. I'm sure he was flawed like all of us but it is undeniable that he brought about profound change in our country without resorting to violence and was dealt a grotesquely foul deed. Shame on those who did it.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I don't know about his whole life. I'm sure he was flawed like all of us but it is undeniable that he brought about profound change in our country without resorting to violence and was dealt a grotesquely foul deed. Shame on those who did it.

I agree with every word.

Hoover had a particular hostility to King, believing or pretending that King was a Communist. The FBI monitored him closely from 1955 until his death. He was subjected to multiple COINTELPRO operations. Whether the surveillance and the operations yielded enough substance or even grains of truth to justify their campaign against him is IMO doubtful

I'm a subscriber to "those."

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I agree with every word.

Hoover had a particular hostility to King, believing or pretending that King was a Communist. The FBI monitored him closely from 1955 until his death. He was subjected to multiple COINTELPRO operations. Whether the surveillance and the operations yielded enough substance or even grains of truth to justify their campaign against him is IMO doubtful

I'm a subscriber to "those."

Hoover didn't need justification. He accumulated data on the sex lives of powerful people for, I believe, titillation and the power that blackmail would give him. As my mother would say, "A very unfortunate individual."