Rank of one pocket players who post here?

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Rank of one pocket players who post here?

I don't want to go up a tier..:eek:..I want to go down...:heh...

So I hereby challenge Mitch, LSJohn, Bille, Larry, and Dustin/Miller to play $1,000 sets - even...

- Gh:pst

Now I know you must be a ghost. Because that post could only have been made by someone with no heart 😳😳.

I've only been playing 1p for 6 years. You write manifestos. Give young Mitchy 9/7 and you can regain your pride 😊.

Otherwise, we can play even for lower steaks. Friendly like. I don't mind donating but not a G whiz. No hard feelers 👍.

bernie p

Verified Member
I would like to see Bill Stroud and Bernie play some here in Phoenix and would happily stream it for all of you to watch for FREE. Not sure if both would be interested in playing on the Diamond at Kolbys.

I believe I would be very interested in accepting this challenge.

Bernie.

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
ghost

ghost

Tell you what, you give me 10 to 7, two races to 5 for a thousand each. We can post up with Billy I. if you want to move down a tier that's fine with me...

B

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I'm 70, and I'll play in Houston or anywhere in the South. Where is Jeff going to get the $5K added?....;)

~Doc
Ok Doc,

David Richardson is the owner of Bogies in Houston. He will host the tournament October 23rd, 24th, & 25th. He will add $2000.00 himself and try to get some others to sweeten the added $$$ up some more before the end of October. He would like to have a Calcutta also.

Minimum age 65
First 16 players to sign up and pay are in the tournament.
$200.00 entry fee (100% goes to the players.)
Any money collected from the gate or ringside seating will go into the players pool also.

Ok guys, who really wants to play in it.
If you are serious about a senior tournament, we can have one.
Just let me know and I will get you to the right people to sign you up, and collect your entry fee.

Jeff

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Ok Doc,

David Richardson is the owner of Bogies in Houston. He will host the tournament October 23rd, 24th, & 25th. He will add $2000.00 himself and try to get some others to sweeten the added $$$ up some more before the end of October. He would like to have a Calcutta also.

Minimum age 65
Any money collected from the gate or ringside seating will go into the players pool also.

Just let me know and I will get you to the right people to sign you up, and collect your entry fee.

Jeff

We were talking about super seniors 70 and over. 65 opens the doors for too many good players for me to spend the money to make it there. I am 75 and support your efforts but will pass on 65.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Ok Doc,

Minimum age 65

Jeff

Jeff...if I lived driving distance from there, I'd play for sure...but $600 for plane and hotel makes it a no-can-do for me.

- Ghost

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
We were talking about super seniors 70 and over. 65 opens the doors for too many good players for me to spend the money to make it there. I am 75 and support your efforts but will pass on 65.

Hey John, Everybody,

I just threw out the invitation on a whim originally, I hadn't talked to a soul about added $$$ or anything, but this tournament can be a reality, we have a nice venue and at least $2000.00 added already. I'm fairly certain more $$$ will be added to the players pool as tournament time rolls around. And additional will be available thru a Calcutta held on the 23rd, just prior to kick off.

We can keep the minimum age at 70, that's cool with me, I don't really care, I just thought it would be fun to have a tournament for us old timers, and if we can scrap up 16 who are at least 70, and are willing to come on October 23/24/25, then we got action.

David Richardson wants to have the event, he will help promote it for us on a local level and I'm sure we will get a decent turnout. Especially if we get some more players like Billy Incardona to participate. Not to belittle any of us unknowns who would play, but having bonafide celebrities and ex world champions in the event can only increase interest and attendance IMO.

We have 6 who said they would play, and if they are still willing, ( under the $2000.00 added format), then all we need are 10 more willing souls!

P.S. If this is of interest to some of you then perhaps one of you with the know-how will start a new thread by copying this or something similar to this and posting it, I would do it, but I'm not all that smart when it comes to computers!

Just need a new thread devoted to the 1st Annual Super Senior Social Security Open One Pocket Classic Championship!!!
LOL!

Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited:

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
An interesting senario.

I wouldn't know how to rate my game currently.

I played Bernie three sessions this past January on his pet table at Kolby's.

I won the first time six games in a row.

The second time I think Bernie won by one game.

The third time Bernie won by two or three games.

Bernie is a real Gentleman to play with and we could play forever without a misunderstanding.

After that I quit playing until about a month ago because I needed to take care of a sick wife and a sick dog.

During the layoff I did a great deal of thinking about my game and the problems I had been having with Modern conditions (fast napless cloth, tight pockets, and different balls).

I decided to change my stroke completely from what I had grown up with.
I had done this once before when I was playing a lot of English Snooker on the full sized table so it hasn't been too difficult.

The main difference has to been to switch to a straight back and straight thru stroke. Long straightins to small pockets are much easier and bring a lot of confidence.

Played one session with the new stroke. Gave 12 to 5 and the break. Ran 2- 10's, 1-9 and numerous 8's. Banks were less good. Will work on them. Broke even. My customer shoots at everything and if he makes it he gets out. Anyone that gives up big spots knows this is the hardest kind of player to beat.

The real difference in one pocket players is Fire Power. Most good players know enough moves to win. You can only beat the best players by running balls.

Fire Power is what I believe in.

Bill S.

Would you be interested in playing a match with Bernie at Kolbys on the Diamond in a good gambling match? I would happily stream it FREE for all the members here to watch. Let me know and you and Bernie can figure out the race and monies. :)

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Well that's where the tier system gets broken down. According to your math the game could've gone for months before a decision was made. It goes with stamina, health, and a division of time.
I don't know you but I can say for Wayne he does have a job that he has to go to everyday. Running a business is all consuming.
He also is raising a 5 year old grandson and is responsible for his well being. That means babysitting on a daily basis. I am doing the same myself and know I can pick up a stick maybe 2 X a week if Im lucky.
Ill let him speak about his own health but he is no spring chicken.
Ahead sets are for the young so that is why Im thinking he offered short sets.
Would really like to see you match up with him soon though.
With respect.

I never said we had to play the 8 ahead straight through. Im 330 lbs. do you really think Im looking to see ho can outlast someone? LOL We can play 6 hours a day until someone gets 6 ahead. If someone beats me I want them to really beat me so I know it. Do you realize that if Scott and Alex had played sets Scott might of came out ahead or broke even by the way the games went.. Meanwhile by them playing the 8 ahead do you have any doubt who the better player is?

bstroud

Verified Member
Lenny,

Yes, I would. I really don't like that table but I will just have to play on it.

I probably won't be back in PHX until Jan and will only be there if my wife and dog are doing better.

Bill S.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
We can keep the minimum age at 70, that's cool with me, I don't really care, I just thought it would be fun to have a tournament for us old timers, and if we can scrap up 16 who are at least 70, and are willing to come on October 23/24/25, then we got action.

If it's 65, I would post and come as first alternate, but I'd much prefer 70. 65 would stregthen the field a lot. I can't even compete with our own septuagenarians, but I'd enjoy trying.

Race to 3-4?, double elimination?

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
If it's 65, I would post and come as first alternate, but I'd much prefer 70. 65 would stregthen the field a lot. I can't even compete with our own septuagenarians, but I'd enjoy trying.

Race to 3-4?, double elimination?

I think 70 & Db elim race to 3 or 4 is fine.

John if you think it worthwhile I'll start a new thread devoted to the tournament, otherwise I'm just gonna let it fall by the wayside and get on with life, hell I'm enjoying just playing again and if it's just bumping em around with the locals, well it'll just have to do.

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I feel the same way. I'll be 71 by tournament time. There are a lot of guys 65-69 out there who can still bring it. Let's put it this way: I'd have no chance against Parica, but I might get lucky and beat Henderson a game.:) But it sounds like the age minimum has moved back up to 70.:)

~Doc

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
I heard Sott Frost is giving 26 to 3, so I'll be willing to take 26 to 3 and the breaks from all you first tier players ,24 to 3 from all you second tier players, 23 to 3 from all you third tier players, 22to 3 from all you fourth tier players and now the real action begins even from anybody in the world who is 90 and above for a hundred large or more. Who is going to fade the offer, one at a time please my phone is burning up.

I'm changing my offer i'll play annbody who is 100 years are older for 100 large or more. The reason is I forgot about Squirrel Carpenter , I think he is 88 too close to 90. Sorry Squirrel you play too good.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I'm changing my offer i'll play annbody who is 100 years are older for 100 large or more. The reason is I forgot about Squirrel Carpenter , I think he is 88 too close to 90. Sorry Squirrel you play too good.

A few years ago at DCC Harry Platus was playing Patcheye for 200 a game. Now Patcheye has one eye and is 86 or something. Harry says, "I quit; you are a much better player than I am." No joke.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
A few years ago at DCC Harry Platus was playing Patcheye for 200 a game. Now Patcheye has one eye and is 86 or something. Harry says, "I quit; you are a much better player than I am." No joke.

Patcheye ended up spotting Harry and got broke. He did play very well, but so can Harry, especially with a little weight.

You could tell Patcheye loved to be in action.