Spotting/Sleeping Rules: Double Long Count

Cornerman

Verified Member
From
Carlsbad, CA
I didn't see this explicitly in the http://onepocket.org/handicaps.htm , and it has been asked to which I answered based on what I've seen. However, maybe it should be explicity in the handicap section.

So, when players match up to both go to a count more than 8 each (e.g., 11-10 or something outrageous like 20-10), what are the ball spotting rules? I'm quite sure I've seen both players spotting balls, specifically in the 11-10 game, the player needing 11 would place 3 coins up by their pocket and the player needing 10 putting 2 coins up by theirs.

So, is that the unofficial official method?

Fred <~~~ can't make it to 8 let alone 10

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Cornerman said:
I didn't see this explicitly in the http://onepocket.org/handicaps.htm , and it has been asked to which I answered based on what I've seen. However, maybe it should be explicity in the handicap section.

So, when players match up to both go to a count more than 8 each (e.g., 11-10 or something outrageous like 20-10), what are the ball spotting rules? I'm quite sure I've seen both players spotting balls, specifically in the 11-10 game, the player needing 11 would place 3 coins up by their pocket and the player needing 10 putting 2 coins up by theirs.

So, is that the unofficial official method?

Fred <~~~ can't make it to 8 let alone 10
Cornerman,

I can't say there is a hard and fast rule for what to do in this type situation but I will say this: both players need to agree on how balls will be spotted and then adhere to it. Just as a guess I would say that in a 20-10 game the player going to 20 would spot 12 and go to 8 and the player going to 10 would spot 2 and go to 8, but they can obviously do what they want for their cash. That's all that really matters.

Usually you try to manage the game to where there is one ball left on the table if both players need one ball, unless you are playing morons at the Rack(in Detroit) 10-7 and they let you spot two and go to 8

Dennis

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
Cornerman,

I can't say there is a hard and fast rule for what to do in this type situation but I will say this: both players need to agree on how balls will be spotted and then adhere to it. Just as a guess I would say that in a 20-10 game the player going to 20 would spot 12 and go to 8 and the player going to 10 would spot 2 and go to 8, but they can obviously do what they want for their cash. That's all that really matters.

Usually you try to manage the game to where there is one ball left on the table if both players need one ball, unless you are playing morons at the Rack(in Detroit) 10-7 and they let you spot two and go to 8

Dennis
Is this early enough? I believe you nailed it.;)

Billy I.