here's a break

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
lll said:
pictures of the table after the break are great real life view when its your turn at the table. beats quibling abbout exact placement of the balls on the weii. with the real live pic as the refernce table someone can the weii it if they want to diagram thier shot.

The computer pool simulator Virtual Pool 3 is great for making realistic-looking layouts in matching 3-D and overhead views. You can:
- setup, plan and play actual shots or series of shots (even whole games)
- adjust aim, english and force until the "tracking" display previews the desired result
- play the shot in realistic 3-D motion
- undo/rewind/replay shots at normal to very slow motion
- screencapture 3-D still shots with player and overhead views

Here's a break shot and 3 possible response shots just for example. VP3 is a little more complicated than the Wei Cuetable for capturing and posting the images, but it's quite a bit more convenient for generating the actual shots. It also has the advantage of being able to preview and actually shoot shots to see the outcome in 3-D and overhead

Attachments

• 1P break - Break.jpg
    1P break - Break.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 1P break - Shot 1.jpg
    1P break - Shot 1.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 1P break - Shot 2.jpg
    1P break - Shot 2.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 1P break - Shot 3.jpg
    1P break - Shot 3.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Patrick Johnson said:
The computer pool simulator Virtual Pool 3 is great for making realistic-looking layouts in matching 3-D and overhead views. You can:
- adjust aim, english and force until the "tracking" display previews the desired result
- screencapture still shots of key moments from player and overhead views

Oh good,...PJ has discovered an improvement over the WEI table. I shall play my heart out, and try to draw good lines.
Key words in his post are "adjust, aim, english and force until the tracking display previews the "DESIRED" results...I love It, PJ..:cool:

PS..my best "Golden Tee" (golf) score, is 23 under par, a smooth 49...Eat your heart out Tiger.(I routinely shoot in the low 50's)..:eek:
I shall strive to play even more perfect, at "virtual" one pocket... I predict I will never miss a shot, and all my safeties will be perfectly executed (I do get to draw the lines, don't I ???)...:D :D :D

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
SJDinPHX said:
I shall strive to play even more perfect, at "virtual" one pocket... I predict I will never miss a shot, and all my safeties will be perfectly executed (I do get to draw the lines, don't I ???)...:D :D :D
Dick, the program costs $21.95. You'll never go for it...;)

Doc

SJDinPHX

Suspended
gulfportdoc said:
Dick, the program costs $21.95. You'll never go for it...;)

Doc

You're right Doc, thats exactly the cost of a bottle of YJ...:D

At the risk of being overly sarcastic, (which I rarely do)...PJ, and about 4 other guys on here,... really need to get out more often...and play some REAL, live pool...:p (like Rodney, but even HE is getting on my nerves, with his camera phone...:rolleyes:

Even my poor shut-in, incapacitated friend, Terry Ardeno, hits more live balls than some guy's who post here....:eek:

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:

At the risk of being overly sarcastic, (which I rarely do)...PJ, and about 4 other guys on here,... really need to get out more often...and play some REAL, live pool...:p (like Rodney, but even HE is getting on my nerves, with his camera phone...:rolleyes:

Even my poor shut-in, incapacitated friend, Terry Ardeno, hits more live balls than some guy's who post here....

If Yukon Jack is $21.95 that makes my Jameson worth $34.95. Up here that crap you drink is $16 and change, you're getting robbed, but you're used to that:eek: .

Just talked to Quad and we're playing tomorrow. I haven't played since you and I played. He may win a game:) .

P.S. I'm off for 7 days Ducky so get used to seeing my posts.

Cowboy "drinking late" Dennis

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Cowboy Den Just talked to Quad and we're playing tomorrow. I haven't played since you and I played. He may win a game:) Cowboy "drinking late" Dennis[/QUOTE said:
why would playing duck make you lose to quad?? :confused:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Patrick Johnson said:
- screencapture 3-D still shots with player and overhead views

Here's a break shot and 3 possible response shots just for example. VP3 is a little more complicated than the Wei Cuetable for capturing and posting the images, but it's quite a bit more convenient for generating the actual shots. It also has the advantage of being able to preview and actually shoot shots to see the outcome in 3-D and overhead
i must be old fashioned i like the weii better:eek:

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
...Key words in his post are "adjust, aim, english and force until the tracking display previews the "DESIRED" results...I love It, PJ..:cool:

Yes, these newfangled machines can used for evil, Dick, and we're lucky to have vigilant men like you on the alert. But VP3 isn't just for overimaginative pool wannabes (although we're grateful to have it); it can also illustrate shots that actually happen - the controls help to accurately recreate them.

Don't worry, they haven't figured out (yet) how win your money with it.

pj
chgo

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
lll said:
why would playing duck make you lose to quad?? :confused:

Because I have not hit a single ball in two weeks the Quad may get lucky and win a game. He plays the same all of the time but my higher end game needs to be fine-tuned like a Steinway piano, with a little practice every now & then.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Patrick Johnson said:
Yes, these newfangled machines can used for evil, Dick, and we're lucky to have vigilant men like you on the alert. But VP3 isn't just for overimaginative pool wannabes (although we're grateful to have it); it can also illustrate shots that actually happen - the controls help to accurately recreate them.

pj
chgo

PJ, Nice layout. I particularly liked shot #3 good eye!:) Put a few scenarios up and let everyone pick a shot. Then show what you think the best couple look like.
Rod.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Patrick Johnson said:

pj
chgo

Question PJ,... Almost every great shot that Efren or Jose has ever made, has allready been captured on accustat, (or somewhere)...Where is the burning desire to "re-create" it. ? Isn't the shot over ? Hasn't the game allready been played ? :confused:... BORING >>> Zzzzzzzzzzzz!

Duck <---is sure glad he doesn't live in the past..:D

Edit, to answer post #32...It ain't by choice Patrick... I'm so f-ing bored I can't stand it.

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:

Even my poor shut-in, incapacitated friend, Terry Ardeno, hits more live balls than some guy's who post here....:eek:

If getting out means getting away from our keyboards, you're getting less of it than most of us, Dick. Just sayin'...

pj
chgo

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
Question PJ,... Almost every great shot that Efren or Jose has ever made, has allready been captured on accustat, (or somewhere)...Where is the burning desire to "re-create" it. :confused: :confused: :confused:... BORING >>> Zzzzzzzzzzzz!

If I had to make a wild guess, I'd say you won't be any more artistic on VP3 than you ever were on the Wei table, Dick. My pool forum simulator, Virtual OnePocket.org, predicts it.

pj
chgo

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Patrick Johnson said:
If I had to make a wild guess, I'd say you won't be any more artistic on VP3 than you ever were on the Wei table, Dick. My pool forum simulator, Virtual OnePocket.org, predicts it.

pj
chgo

Believe it or not PJ the Duck has never missed a shot on the WEI. I should know, he two-railed a ball in on me to win a game. I think he moved the balls when I wasn't looking.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Patrick Johnson said:

pj
chgo

As Dennis stated, if you let me draw the lines, I will NEVER make a bad shot...very similar to my [sic] younger days. (yuk,yuk).:rolleyes:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
As Dennis stated, if you let me draw the lines, I will NEVER make a bad shot on a WEI table..very similar to my [sic] younger days. (yuk,yuk).:rolleyes:

How in hell do you double-post...five minutes apart?????????????

Hittin' the sauce a little early out there ain't you Ducky?