Playing and/or teaching onepocket.org members in October

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I've got a fun two weeks happening, starting tomorrow...

Three different onepocket.org members whom I've never met before are coming from several states away, up here to Chicago, to get on the table with the Ghost...two guys are coming to take several days of lessons with me, and the third guy is gonna do a little gambling with me...

I'm looking forward to it because I really enjoy teaching One Pocket - in person...if these guys have no problem with it (it's up to them, not me) I'll post about the meet-ups afterwards, and maybe post some wwyd's too.

- Ghost

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I've got a fun two weeks happening, starting tomorrow...

Three different onepocket.org members whom I've never met before are coming from several states away, up here to Chicago, to get on the table with the Ghost...two guys are coming to take several days of lessons with me, and the third guy is gonna do a little gambling with me...

I'm looking forward to it because I really enjoy teaching One Pocket - in person...if these guys have no problem with it (it's up to them, not me) I'll post about the meet-ups afterwards, and maybe post some wwyd's too.

- Ghost

That's great.

I was planning to come up to correct any mistakes, but I have to get a manicure. :sorry

:heh :heh :heh

Blake Goodall

Verified Member
Lessons with the Ghost

Lessons with the Ghost

A week of lessons with the Ghost confirmed my belief that if I wanted to improve my 1-P game I had to take lessons from a qualified instructor.

His methods were what you would expect--some general discussion, but mostly he set up situations to demonstrate various points, or we played games and analyzed situations as they arose. Again and again I looked at the layout and was either stumped or saw only one shot, while the Ghost immediately saw two or more options which he analyzed in great detail.

Then there was execution--Get that cue ball to some precise, pre-planned location, not just somewhere or other behind the stack or uptable.

This relentless attention to detail is the Ghost's forte.

I came home with renewed enthusiasm and new ideas on how to improve my thinking and execution skills. Thank you, Mr. Ghost

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
Man. I come all the way from Vancouver and get slapped in the head.:frus:frus:frus

I got to learn how to play this game.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
A week of lessons with the Ghost confirmed my belief that if I wanted to improve my 1-P game I had to take lessons from a qualified instructor.

His methods were what you would expect--some general discussion, but mostly he set up situations to demonstrate various points, or we played games and analyzed situations as they arose. Again and again I looked at the layout and was either stumped or saw only one shot, while the Ghost immediately saw two or more options which he analyzed in great detail.

Then there was execution--Get that cue ball to some precise, pre-planned location, not just somewhere or other behind the stack or uptable.

This relentless attention to detail is the Ghost's forte.

I came home with renewed enthusiasm and new ideas on how to improve my thinking and execution skills. Thank you, Mr. Ghost

Thanks for sayin' Blake...it was a pleasure teaching and hanging out with you for the week - and I feel that you had both the desire, and the cognition, to soak up everything we covered...I think we might have bumped up your game by a ball or two by the time we were finished...:)

Hope to see you at the 2016 DCC, Ghost