Alex/Efren 2008 DCC

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Efren just ran 6 and he has to play safe now. How would you play safe from here?

Efren has the lower left-hand pocket, where there aren't any balls.

Efrens Safety 2.Jpeg

Efrens Safety 3.Jpeg

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
AlexEfren 2008 DCC - OnePocket.jpg

Assuming Efren has the left-hand pocket, this would be an effective shot. Hit it full and drive thru to where he wants to hit the rail.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Guys, He's got one straight in the pocket in front of him.:)
Rod.
PS, He usually does something goofy.

Attachments

• Efrens Safety 2.jpg
    Efrens Safety 2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Rod, there's two likely-looking combinations showing. If he hits your shot just a little harder he can bust both of them. I almost proposed that.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
v, your shot's no good - Alex would just kick in the 3-6 combo in a heartbeat, and start running balls...

Rod's obvious snooker-safety is the only shot that I'd choose to do shoot here...but since Dennis posted it up, maybe Efren did something weird.

- Ghost

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
v, your shot's no good - Alex would just kick in the 3-6 combo in a heartbeat, and start running balls...

Rod's obvious snooker-safety is the only shot that I'd choose to do shoot here...but since Dennis posted it up, maybe Efren did something weird.

- Ghost
Sorry about the "which pocket" goof, nothing like a week off work to mess up my thought process:) . Efren did play a safety similar to what Rod showed and he disturbed those two balls by Alex's pocket. Efren did have the lower left-hand pocket.

I posted this because I've often wondered whether mistakes and incorrect shots are "accumulated" & hurt you or if you can overcome them with the "correct" shot later. I guess it goes both ways sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't:) .

I'm wondering if anyone would choose a different safety from here (original layout) if they knew it was Efrens 3rd to last shot of the match, which he lost?

Here's how he left it for Alex.

Efrens Leave.Jpeg

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
my original thought was to move the 9 to my side and come off the long rail and freeze on the 8 the lower picture of the first post shows its viable.
if i knew i was about to lose i might try to bank the 2 but it looks like the kiss is on

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
blackeee said:
I'd come off the 9 putting him under the 3-8 trying to snooker him on all other balls, thus make him shoot his on soldiers away.

Behind 6-0 I think he'd kick at the 3/8 combo. ;)
Rod.