Cliff Vs Sambajon Game 6

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
If he can see the 6 full ball I would fire into the 6 13 following forward towards Cliffs hole, might move a ball to my side and those 2 balls might cover it by Cliffs hole.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
This is a real bad spot, and I think I would have to kick safe, the long way, and try to leave the cb near Cliff's pocket. Otherwise you will leave a ticking bomb in the 14-15. He can make that from anywhere in the building, except where I am trying to leave him.

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
vapros said:
This is a real bad spot, and I think I would have to kick safe, the long way, and try to leave the cb near Cliff's pocket. Otherwise you will leave a ticking bomb in the 14-15. He can make that from anywhere in the building, except where I am trying to leave him.

I was thinking the same, but he may be able to stick the cb good if he rolls up to the 1(dropping the 5 to the rail). Thought about try to punch the 2 in between the 6 and 13 to move them out, but I tend to screw up when I try to do too much at once - well, that and there's still a decent possibility of leaving something else. The kick was equally as iffy to me - don't like the wider angle on the long kick. Not so afraid on leaving the 6-13 kick, since there's a small gap and can be screwed up easily.

treeMan

Verified Member
if the 3 goes by the 9 on a straight shot, I would shoot that and only that. the 3 goes two rails into the 14/15 and follow with the cue ball to the side rail then bottom rail. you have to stroke it nice and smooth so the cue ball stays close behind the three, other wise one of the 3/14/15 might come back in the cueball's path and you're done.

you'll have to hope you don't leave an easy return bank, but you're in a bad spot.

That started with a big IF. If no IF, then I really don't know:confused: . Take a scratch and kick to Cliff's hole as Vapros said.

tree

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Frank Almanza said:
This looks pretty routine.View attachment 4038

This is why you don't mess with Frank the Barber. He thinks this is "routine." Not sure but if, after the initial contact, you went off the ten, you might have a bigger target to hit on the side rail. Now if you just had a stoke like a Fillipino you might be able to hit the rail with low forward speed but high RPM right hand english spinning it off the side rail, to the bottom rail, and onto the 15. Personally, I think this would qualify as one of the greatest one pocket shots of all time.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Frank Almanza said:
This looks pretty routine.View attachment 4038
sambajon actually came off the 1 ball
moved alot of balls and had the cue ball dance thru the obstacle course like
a drone plane being controlled from the control tower.
the announcers were so impressed with what to you frank
"was just a routine shot"
they said the fans should be giving sambajon a standing ovation!!":eek:
frank i think this shot call deserves 2 cookies and a beer on me:) :)
heres the shot and the leave
cs13.jpg

cs12.jpg
its cliffs shot now

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
lll said:
sambajon actually came off the 1 ball
moved alot of balls and had the cue ball dance thru the obstacle course like
a drone plane being controlled from the control tower.
the announcers were so impressed with what to you frank
"was just a routine shot"
they said the fans should be giving sambajon a standing ovation!!":eek:
frank i think this shot call deserves 2 cookies and a beer on me:) :)
heres the shot and the leave
View attachment 4039

View attachment 4040
its cliffs shot now

As you know, Larry, I actually have this match. It had been a while since I saw it and I had fogetten just how it went down but I do remember the cue ball slowly going to the side rail and the spin taking and sending it down to where it was safe. It really is something to see. I can't believe Frank got it mostly right. I had seen it before and couldn't figure out how he did it.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
petie said:
As you know, Larry, I actually have this match. It had been a while since I saw it and I had fogetten just how it went down but I do remember the cue ball slowly going to the side rail and the spin taking and sending it down to where it was safe. It really is something to see. I can't believe Frank got it mostly right. I had seen it before and couldn't figure out how he did it.
Actually, I've played Santos enough and have seen him play enough. If there was a way for him to get the cue ball there he would find it. He has amazing control of the cue ball after a lot of movement on the other balls. Not really so routine, just my saying after something difficult.

Last edited: