Size Matters: How Long Is Too Long?

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
(Sigh. Sorry, sophomores, this isn’t about that.)

Dear Gentle Readers,

It has been brought to my attention (my spies are everywhere!) that a few local grumblers complain about the duration of some of my posts.

While I would never compare myself to Bill Shakespeare, his prose attracted similar grievances. As did the Bible, Koran, Torah, Kama Sutra, et alia.

A common misconception is that our generation doesn’t read. Wrong! We simply consume content in fresher ways. Yes, the circulation numbers for newspapers and magazines are down, down, down. True dat.

But overall, consumer data consumption is up, up, up.

Books? I’m an old fashioned gal. While many of my pals swear by e-books.

Overall, we don’t read less, we devour more. One online article is a keystroke away from dozens of photographs. And to amazing videos that print publishers could never have imagined providing to their readers in the past.

The same is true with pool sites. Terse, even gruff, posts are welcome, as always.

Yet, when we move beyond that laconic John Wayne mumblecore and compare today’s pool sites to those of not that very long ago, we can appreciate the much more exciting venues that we all currently enjoy.

Now we have WWYD photographs and illustrations. Clickable videos. Thoughtful postings, some lengthy (ahem). Tapes of classic matches. Live streaming, which was once an unimaginable dream that keeps getting better and better.

My gentle suggestion? To you volumetrically-challenged jaspers?

Relax. Let the new media paradigm embrace us, caress us. Read the posts, or don’t. Your choice. Unclench.

Unsolicited advice is my life,

Sunny

P. S. My notebook automatically provides a running tally of the number of words I tap, tap, tap out. I had started trying to keep the total in my pool posts below 500. Then under 1,000. But why deprive the world of the grace and wisdom which my musings bestow? (There are 338 words here, in case you’re wondering. Or … in case you’re not wondering.)

Jimmy B

Verified Member
(Sigh. Sorry, sophomores, this isn’t about that.)

Dear Gentle Readers,

It has been brought to my attention (my spies are everywhere!) that a few local grumblers complain about the duration of some of my posts.

While I would never compare myself to Bill Shakespeare, his prose attracted similar grievances. As did the Bible, Koran, Torah, Kama Sutra, et alia.

A common misconception is that our generation doesn’t read. Wrong! We simply consume content in fresher ways. Yes, the circulation numbers for newspapers and magazines are down, down, down. True dat.

But overall, consumer data consumption is up, up, up.

Books? I’m an old fashioned gal. While many of my pals swear by e-books.

Overall, we don’t read less, we devour more. One online article is a keystroke away from dozens of photographs. And to amazing videos that print publishers could never have imagined providing to their readers in the past.

The same is true with pool sites. Terse, even gruff, posts are welcome, as always.

Yet, when we move beyond that laconic John Wayne mumblecore and compare today’s pool sites to those of not that very long ago, we can appreciate the much more exciting venues that we all currently enjoy.

Now we have WWYD photographs and illustrations. Clickable videos. Thoughtful postings, some lengthy (ahem). Tapes of classic matches. Live streaming, which was once an unimaginable dream that keeps getting better and better.

My gentle suggestion? To you volumetrically-challenged jaspers?

Relax. Let the new media paradigm embrace us, caress us. Read the posts, or don’t. Your choice. Unclench.

Unsolicited advice is my life,

Sunny

P. S. My notebook automatically provides a running tally of the number of words I tap, tap, tap out. I had started trying to keep the total in my pool posts below 500. Then under 1,000. But why deprive the world of the grace and wisdom which my musings bestow? (There are 338 words here, in case you’re wondering. Or … in case you’re not wondering.)

I know your deal. You saw Artie back in here posting, and you came back to flirt with him a little bit. Right??

onepocket926

Verified Member
From
Anderson, CA
...ahhhh !!!!!.....the ol' bait and switch....a classic come on.........

....as always a great read.......

....I'm thinkin'....I'd have to wager a ducket or two....that You're in your 30's .....or wise beyond your years.....