Sylver Ochoa ranking

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I'm in College Station at Fast Eddies looking for action. The guy at the bar said I need to drive Houston for 1P action. And I said "what, and look for Sylver.

He said Scott Frost gave him 9/8 or 8/7 and robbed him. He also said Sylver was the 2nd ranked 1P player in the country. I dont think thats true but was wondering what the players in the know think.

PS a room full of Olhausen tables, yuk.

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
Don't know that I would rank him as #2, but he has done quite well at tournments and is always in action somewhere. Also you must remember Scott Frost may well be the best out there right now.---Smitty

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
I would rank Sylver in the top 5 in the world. He plays at Big tyme Billiards in Houston as a regular.

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
Hey Ace, how are you? You would never believe what all has happen to me since we last saw each other. I have moved 3 times following my wife's work, Pleaston, Victoria and now in the hell hole of the world, Monahans.
I had a bout with tonsil cancer, had to go through the whole process of chemo, which by the way, don't check that square on things to do. Radiation , which is another do not sign up for on your cruise through life. But praise be to GOD, cancer is gone or as we say in remission. It has been a year since last treatment and all the doctors and there are a bunch say everything is fine so far. I had to quit playing pool for almost 9 months as I was too weak to stand t the table for over 15 minutes, but I am playing alot now and everything is good. I see you post now and then on here, I just haven't had too much to add the the threads, so just lurked about.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I think Sylver is a very solid tournament player. I would rank him in the top 10 but not top 5 only because of his cash game performances, heard not too long ago Chip Compton beat him for the money. These 5 players I would put before him.

1. Efren
2. Frost
3. Shane
4. Daulton
5. Alex

glbglb

Verified Member
I think Sylver is a very solid tournament player. I would rank him in the top 10 but not top 5 only because of his cash game performances, heard not too long ago Chip Compton beat him for the money. These 5 players I would put before him.

1. Efren
2. Frost
3. Shane
4. Daulton
5. Alex

i agree. dont forget bustamante. he is underated at one pocket

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

1. Efren
2. Frost
3. Shane
4. Daulton
5. Alex

As little as I know about poolplayers, and I admit it's not much, I would put Efren at the bottom of that list IF it was a ranking and IF Daulton has been playing.

Dennis

SJDinPHX

Suspended

1. Efren
2. Frost
3. Shane
4. Daulton
5. Alex

Hey old Buddy, you would not rank me in the 'top five' ?..I suppose you would rank the "Human Hemorrhoid" above me ?...He is an APA-4 at best...:frus

Late Edit; Obviously, RBL don't know sh*t...I could give Shannon 9/7 for the $$$$$..What a f**king dildohead..:D

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Hey old Buddy, you would not rank me in the 'top five' ?..I suppose you would rank the "Human Hemorrhoid" above me ?...He is an APA-4 at best...:frus

Late Edit; Obviously, RBL don't know sh*t...I could give Shannon 9/7 for the $$$$$..What a f**king dildohead..:D

Dear "calculator" Breath,

If you'd take your shoes off you could figure out that Lenny said he'd put these five guys ahead of Sylver, he didn't say that Sylver wasn't #10 in the top 10:sorry.

P.S. Old buddy, I'd rank you in the Top 10 for drunken responses to incredible imbeciles from Florida, even though I haven't read them yet:p.

P.Ps. When you turn 80 would you like to play some two-ball Golf? Whatever the f@@k that is?:confused:

P.P.Ps. You probably could've given Shannon 9-7.

P.P.P.Ps. I'm closing in on a Four-Fer:D.

RBL

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
As little as I know about poolplayers, and I admit it's not much, I would put Efren at the bottom of that list IF it was a ranking and IF Daulton has been playing.

Dennis
Yes they are not in any order on my list, just 5 guys I feel are above Sylver. I like Frost for the money over them all.

8andout

Verified Member
Several months ago i posted a thread asking who the top 10 players in the country were and i got a bunch of BS answers. Now i see some interst. i'm thinking way ahead of you guys- and that might get you a spot!

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
JJ beats Sylver by a hair too, Thats whats he told me. Sylver is young and forsure will be top 5 in a few years. Seen him play Parika a couple years ago-it was close.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
JJ beats Sylver by a hair too, Thats whats he told me. Sylver is young and forsure will be top 5 in a few years. Seen him play Parika a couple years ago-it was close.

How old were Parica & Sylver when they played? Parica is a senior citizen now isn't he?

Dennis

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
I dont.....

I dont.....

.....know,but the other day I saw him on the corner of Broadway and 4th with a cane waiting for the light to change........

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
How old were Parica & Sylver when they played? Parica is a senior citizen now isn't he?

Dennis

was 3 or 4 years ago. i think 3 but im not sure. no more than 4. pretty sure it was 3 at hollywood billiards. they were playing for $300/game as i recall. I was playing on a table next to them and one of the guys who had action on the game asked me to watch it-so i did, until I left. No business on the square, they both played pretty good, they were moving more than firing at their hole. Good 1 hole IMO. It was close.

I think Parica has been a senior for 15-20 years LOL. God Bless him , gosh I hope I age like he has.