A book of controlled aggression.

phil dade

Verified Member
From
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
Yes Bobby, the reviews have been great. I'm so appreciative of the support I am receiving regarding this new book. I now have a wonderful endorsement from our own Dr. Bill, and he is helping me secure two more high profile players endorsements. Once I have those endorsements I can go to print. These endorsements need go on the back cover along with Dr. Bill's.

I have decided to hold off offering presales because I want to be certain of the quality of the printing. This is the first time I have used this printing company and I want everything to come out just right before I sell the first book. I hope you all will appreciate this decision.

Bottom line; I expect to have copies in hand and up for sale within two weeks. I think this is a realistic prediction. I will know the price in a few days and as soon as I have a firm date I'll let you know right here, my FB page, and AZB. I'm due a quote from the printer any day now.

Thanks to all, :):):)

Tom

This, as you know, is an excellent decision as "you only have one chance to make a good first impression". I anxiously await the book and opportunity to study its content. Thanks for taking on this project to share your knowledge of the dynamics of the game. I appreciate your approach and every aespect of the way you are handling the book and its launch. Thank you.
Phil

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Another endorsement has come through.
This time by Scott Frost;

“Finally, A book on One Pocket I can truly stand behind! Tom Wirth puts the essence of this game into words. “One Pocket: A Game of Controlled Aggression” is a must buy, trust me, no one could have done a better job of presenting what this game is all about.”
Scott Frost

Thanks Scott, and best of luck to you in your match with Alex.
Play with focus, take what the table gives you, and use "controlled aggression".

Tom

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Tom Wirth's book is a must read for anyone who appreciates the game of one pocket. Tom's communication skills are among the best, and his knowledge and understanding on positions of value are beyond price. My game has improved for sure and i'm not even half way through the book, thanks Mr. Wirth, you are the voice of reason.:D

Dr. Bill

“Finally, A book on One Pocket I can truly stand behind! Tom Wirth puts the essence of this game into words. “One Pocket: A Game of Controlled Aggression” is a must buy, trust me, no one could have done a better job of presenting what this game is all about.”
Scott Frost

Thanks Scott, and best of luck to you in your match with Alex.
Play with focus, take what the table gives you, and use "controlled aggression".

Tom

wow tom
you have 2 great one pocket players that everyone respects endorsing your book with glowing words
great job
cant wait for my copy
p.s. how come you didnt ask for MY endorsement????:confused:////:D

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
wow tom
you have 2 great one pocket players that everyone respects endorsing your book with glowing words
great job
cant wait for my copy
p.s. how come you didnt ask for MY endorsement????:confused:////:D

Larry, It has appeared to me that I have had your endorsement on a continual basis for years now. And I thank you for that, your medical advice, and most of all, your friendship. :):D

Tom

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Larry, It has appeared to me that I have had your endorsement on a continual basis for years now. And I thank you for that, your medical advice, and most of all, your friendship. :):D

Tom

thanks tom
i know you knew i was teasing...:)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi

Scott Frost

Tom
Damn, son-- you're getting some great endorsements from the tall cotton! Are these endorsements unsolicited? Impressive.

~Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

Tom

thanks tom
tom
yes ive been in your corner
from my first lesson
as we got to know each other
im proud to call you a friend...:)

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Hi Tom, can't wait much longer. This is getting exciting, wishing you great success. Your Billiard Buddy ,FastEddieF.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Damn, son-- you're getting some great endorsements from the tall cotton! Are these endorsements unsolicited? Impressive.

~Doc

Well Doc, I did ask them to consider endorsing the book, but neither Billy or Scott are paid for their endorsement.

From what they tell me, they simply believe in the product, and I'm elated that they do. I've been working on this book for close to two years now, considering how best to present the material I wish to convey. I've constantly added situations here and there as I found gaps in the information. I conferred with several people during this time span, getting insight and various perspectives from knowledgeable players on the proper shots to illustrate, and how best to respond to those situations.

All in all, it has been a labor of love, but I'm glad it is finished and ready to go to print. I sure hope you all enjoy the reading as much as I have enjoyed the writing. The goal has never changed though. I only wish to encourage new players to learn to love this game as much as I know we here at OP.org do.

Thanks all,

Tom

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Well Doc, I did ask them to consider endorsing the book, but neither Billy or Scott are paid for their endorsement.

From what they tell me, they simply believe in the product, and I'm elated that they do. I've been working on this book for close to two years now, considering how best to present the material I wish to convey. I've constantly added situations here and there as I found gaps in the information. I conferred with several people during this time span, getting insight and various perspectives from knowledgeable players on the proper shots to illustrate, and how best to respond to those situations.

All in all, it has been a labor of love, but I'm glad it is finished and ready to go to print. I sure hope you all enjoy the reading as much as I have enjoyed the writing. The goal has never changed though. I only wish to encourage new players to learn to love this game as much as I know we here at OP.org do.Thanks all,Tom
Should be a great one, Tom. Hope you sell a jillion of them!

~Doc

GoldCrown

Verified Member

Tom

thanks tom

tom
yes ive been in your corner
from my first lesson
as we got to know each other
im proud to call you a friend...:)

Pool ...It's more than a game. The friendships are priceless.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Pool ...It's more than a game. The friendships are priceless.

Yeah, my heart went pitty-pat seeing Scrz and ghost grow so close. :D

(Seriously, I agree with you completely. There are many of these guys whom I've never met that I would trust a lot sooner and farther than most people I know in meat world.)

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Well, I can now state that I have three of the greatest players/commentators in the game offering their free endorsements for my book;
One Pocket: A Game of Controlled Aggression.

Shannon Daulton has now added his name to this prestigious list.

Here is what he has to say: "This book is a must read for players of all levels looking to improve their One Pocket skills!! By reading this book you can learn 20 years of playing knowledge."

Thanks you, Shannon. The value of your endorsement is beyond measure.

With these three endorsements in my pocket this book is ready to give all others eight to six and the breaks! :)

Tom

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Well, I can now state that I have three of the greatest players/commentators in the game offering their free endorsements for my book;
One Pocket: A Game of Controlled Aggression.

Shannon Daulton has now added his name to this prestigious list.

Here is what he has to say: "This book is a must read for players of all levels looking to improve their One Pocket skills!! By reading this book you can learn 20 years of playing knowledge."

Thanks you, Shannon. The value of your endorsement is beyond measure.

With these three endorsements in my pocket this book is ready to give all others eight to six and the breaks! :)

Tom

Great news.

Who could dream up anyone better than these three?

Two thumbs up.

GoldCrown

Verified Member
I just ordered mine. I'm playing better already:lol:lol

Last edited: