2013 Derby

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Just who all is going besides me? Is onepocket.org going to sponsor a player for it, and when is the vote going to occur? I plan on driving through the night thursday getting there sometime around 6 in the morning. i can sleep after my first match...

B

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
I've been.....

I've been.....

.....here since 2 this morning......where the hell is everybody?..........dont do that.........leave the morning before and drive all day....

JohnInNH

Verified Member
From
GOFFSTOWN, NH
Hi all,

I've made reservations for all nine days, am planning to play in the banks, one pocket tournaments, I may well be the oldest competitor there. Missed it last year due to a prior commitment. I've been going to the Derby since 2004, when people ask me why I go every year, I tell them that it is the best all around tournament in the Country. I felt that way in 2004 and I still feel that way today.

Anyone interested in getting together with an old man for some banks, and or one pocket, don't hesitate to contact me for some friendly action (up to $20 per game)

Send me a pm.

Hope to see you all at the Derby.

John

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I plan on driving through the night thursday getting there sometime around 6 in the morning. and the first thing I do will be to look for the ghost - I want to get him first thing, before he loses his bankroll to anybody else..:eek:..I have improved by 2 balls from a year ago, and if I can get him to give me 10-7 I will put a major ass-whooping on him...:heh

B

:eek:

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
spot

spot

just saying, right ghosty...

but I like the spot we have already established... I believe you probably can take the 20's you took from me in Chicago, out of the frame you put them in, off the wall, and bring them with you...

B

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi

but I like the spot we have already established... I believe you probably can take the 20's you took from me in Chicago, out of the frame you put them in, off the wall, and bring them with you...

B
Now that there is funny!:D

Hey Bille, how come you get to retire at age 46??:confused:

Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Now that there is funny!:D

Hey Bille, how come you get to retire at age 46??:confused:

Doc

i shouldnt answer for bille
but assuming he enlisted when he was 18-20 years old
hes put his life on the line for us for 20 +years
that deserves a well paid retirement in my opinion
larry

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

B

:sorry, brother Bille, but you're way overestimating the 'collectible value' of your $$$...truth is, the very next weekend after we played, I spent all your donated $$$ on high-priced hookers and booze...:eek:...:heh...

- Ghost

PS, The only $$$ that I've held onto, and had framed - is Dr. Billy's...:heh...:D...:heh

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
retiring

retiring

Okay, put my first uniform on in May of 75... that's over 37 years... I hate to say it, but I am tired... albeit flight of a helicopter at 5 or 6 foot off the ground as fast as it will go, is still the most fun you can have with your pants on... I wanted a star, but as those who have met me can attest, I am not the most politically astute person you will ever meet...so that dog doesn't hunt anymore...

Besides if you could go to the house and bring home 200.00 less a month from retirement and savings than you make now WWYD?

ghost, just a tidbit for you... played a guy last night who beat on me for years... His comment to me was this, " Bille, do you realize you just played for 3 hours and never misssed a shot or made one position error", of course even a blind hog finds an acorn (and a couple of 20's) now and again...:lol

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Just who all is going besides me? Is onepocket.org going to sponsor a player for it, and when is the vote going to occur? I plan on driving through the night thursday getting there sometime around 6 in the morning. i can sleep after my first match...

B

Thats the way to do it.

I like you trying to get it up out the mud...nice.

Hey if they do anything, I want to throw my name in the hat. I haven't played the last couple of years and I'd like to but just can't and couldn't.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Okay, put my first uniform on in May of 75... that's over 37 years... I hate to say it, but I am tired... albeit flight of a helicopter at 5 or 6 foot off the ground as fast as it will go, is still the most fun you can have with your pants on... I wanted a star, but as those who have met me can attest, I am not the most politically astute person you will ever meet...so that dog doesn't hunt anymore...

Besides if you could go to the house and bring home 200.00 less a month from retirement and savings than you make now WWYD?

ghost, just a tidbit for you... played a guy last night who beat on me for years... His comment to me was this, " Bille, do you realize you just played for 3 hours and never misssed a shot or made one position error", of course even a blind hog finds an acorn (and a couple of 20's) now and again...:lol

You done goode. Get out and live your life now. Politically we need your voice where it can be heard and that's not in the chain of command. You're not dead and thats the best part of living. I was forced to retire ten years ago and now my wife is being forced to retire. But we're still living and will find new things to do. One of the things I told my wife, where do you want to live? We can live anywhere we want not being attached to a job leaves lots of opportunities as you know. I don't think Ghoast can give you the same spot I gave you so take his twenties, mold and all.:lol
Come on out and visit. We charge no more than normal hotel rates.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I'd like to go but this year isn't going to happen for me...:mad:

Dudley

Simon....Really sorry to hear that...I was really looking forward to robbing :eek: oop's :eek: I meant to say, seeing you again...:)

- Ghost<------Is very embarassed by his 'slip of the type'....:D

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Simon....Really sorry to hear that...I was really looking forward to robbing :eek: oop's :eek: I meant to say, seeing you again...:)

- Ghost<------Is very embarassed by his 'slip of the type'....:D

We never have played a "fair" game... but I'm not one to complain. I'll try to outrun the nuts like always. :D I've never been smart enough to get weight from better players. My only hope is to improve.

Dud

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
You done goode. Get out and live your life now. Politically we need your voice where it can be heard and that's not in the chain of command. You're not dead and thats the best part of living. I was forced to retire ten years ago and now my wife is being forced to retire. But we're still living and will find new things to do. One of the things I told my wife, where do you want to live? We can live anywhere we want not being attached to a job leaves lots of opportunities as you know. I don't think Ghoast can give you the same spot I gave you so take his twenties, mold and all.:lol
Come on out and visit. We charge no more than normal hotel rates.

does that mean you play better than the ghost???
just askin