Express One Pocket

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I'm not too excited about major changes to One Pocket, but I don't mind looking at a quicker version of the game, and based on the many different ideas suggested, along with experience watching tournaments and gambling (okay, playing in a few too, lol), here are some basics that I think could work for a faster paced One Pocket game.

Standard One Pocket rules apply unless contradicted by these special rules:

1. Pocket scratches and cue ball off the table are handled in standard fashion. However, any foul other than cue ball scratches or cue ball jumping the table, opponent "picks" any ball off the table, which counts for them instead of the standard penalty to the shooter. (This carries right to the game winning ball, so it leaves in place the possibility of taking an opponent's ball out of their pocket.)

2. Shot clock (time TBD)

3. Limit balls in kitchen (by method TBD)

4. What else?

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
Duck....the sky will surely fall

Duck....the sky will surely fall

I'm not too excited about major changes to One Pocket, but I don't mind looking at a quicker version of the game, and based on the many different ideas suggested, along with experience watching tournaments and gambling (okay, playing in a few too, lol), here are some basics that I think could work for a faster paced One Pocket game.

1. Pocket scratches and cue ball off the table are handled in standard fashion. However, any foul other than cue ball scratches or cue ball jumping the table, opponent "picks" any ball off the table, which counts for them instead of the standard penalty to the shooter. (This carries right to the game winning ball, so it leaves in place the possibility of taking an opponent's ball out of their pocket.)

2. Shot clock (time TBD)

4. What else?

Steve

Have you not read all the "hand wringing" comments from the rules natzis... no one pocket for you!!! This kind of discussion is "blast..fee.. muss" and to be styfled.:eek::eek::eek:

Better duck!!

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Balls magically disappearing off the table? :(

Anyway, it was fun discussing ways to potentially speed up the game a tad for me, however ill-received. For this version, I'll take everyone's advice and leave the discussion to the real pros.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

2. Shot clock (time TBD)

4. What else?

Attachments

• you-cannot-be-serious-bro.jpg
    you-cannot-be-serious-bro.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 0

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Balls magically disappearing off the table? :(

Anyway, it was fun discussing ways to potentially speed up the game a tad for me, however ill-received. For this version, I'll take everyone's advice and leave the discussion to the real pros.

Makes me wonder....can they then magically reappear :eek: