Player sponsor US Open One Pocket 2016 official thread

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Player sponsor US Open One Pocket 2016 official thread

steve why wont you be our sponsored player??:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I am not going to short circuit the process just because my name has come up. It's open until everyone who wants to has made a donation and voted :)

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Just got back from the Post Office Steve. Keep your eyes open for it.

You are very welcome and I hope whomever gets it has never seen one and always wanted it:D.

Dennis

Very generous of you, Dennis.

Thanks. (I wish I had a snowball's chance in hell of getting it. ) :)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Just got back from the Post Office Steve. Keep your eyes open for it.

You are very welcome and I hope whomever gets it has never seen one and always wanted it:D.

Dennis

Thank you again Dennis!

Ok guys, just to be clear, any of our members are eligible to be sponsored. And anyone can nominate or suggest a name for sponsorship. The actual voting is just for those who donate, but anyone can make a suggestion and/or voice their opinion!!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Thank you for your donations and/or pledges so far!!

lll 100
jrhendy 50 *
unoperro 50
miller 50
Cory 50 *
Cowboy Dennis has donated a copy of Shots, Moves & Strategies for the sponsored player

For a drawing we have contributions thanks to:

1. Tom Wirth for his new One Pocket book A Game of Controlled Aggression
2. wgcp (lucky lol) donating 1 of the 2 copies of Controlled Aggression that he won last drawing
3. Fast Lenny donating vol 1 & 2 of Scott Frost's Power One Pocket DVD's plus Efren/Scott and Efren/Joyner DVD's
4. I am donating Freddy's double DVD, Banks that don't go, but do.

If you see an asterisk next to your name then it means I have not seen the actual donation yet, but have counted it as a pledge. Donations of drawing items and Eddie Robin's book entitle those donating to voting privileges also -- so many thanks to Tom Wirth, Lenny, wgcp and Dennis as well as those who donated money.

Don't forget to include you User Name when you send in the money! All the information you need to send in a donation, either by paypal or check is here:

http://www.onepocket.org/PlayerSponsor.htm

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Thank you for your donations and/or pledges so far!!

lll 100
jrhendy 50 *
unoperro 50
miller 50
Cory 50 *
Cowboy Dennis has donated a copy of Shots, Moves & Strategies for the sponsored player

For a drawing we have contributions thanks to:

1. Tom Wirth for his new One Pocket book A Game of Controlled Aggression
2. wgcp (lucky lol) donating 1 of the 2 copies of Controlled Aggression that he won last drawing
3. Fast Lenny donating vol 1 & 2 of Scott Frost's Power One Pocket DVD's plus Efren/Scott and Efren/Joyner DVD's
4. I am donating Freddy's double DVD, Banks that don't go, but do.

If you see an asterisk next to your name then it means I have not seen the actual donation yet, but have counted it as a pledge. Donations of drawing items and Eddie Robin's book entitle those donating to voting privileges also -- so many thanks to Tom Wirth, Lenny, wgcp and Dennis as well as those who donated money.

Don't forget to include you User Name when you send in the money! All the information you need to send in a donation, either by paypal or check is here:

Anybody can nominate anybody?

OK, I nominate ME!

How many votes do I get for $500? $1000?

S,M, & S is worth that.

Do I hear a second?

Can I get an Amen?

Can ya spare a brother a dime?

Wait....... Dammit! I'll be in Houston that weekend takin' off the old dudes.

Next year. (I'll probably be our best player by then. Troutman is gonna sell me a nice 4-piece he says will really up my game.)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Anybody can nominate anybody?

OK, I nominate ME!Seconded

How many votes do I get for $500? $1000? At least 50

S,M, & S is worth that. Damn, I can retire now.

Do I hear a second? See above

Can I get an Amen? Amen

Can ya spare a brother a dime? Payphones are dead:p

Wait....... Dammit! I'll be in Houston that weekend takin' off the old dudes.

Next year. (I'll probably be our best player by then. Troutman is gonna sell me a nice 4-piece he says will really up my game.)

Snap them old dudes off John.

RBL

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Snap them old dudes off John.

RBL

Just between you and me, I'll have to scope out the lay of the land when I get there.

Sparks and I have been talkin' (on the qui-eetus) about the value of keepin' my low profile.

If I decide it's worth the exposure, you got 20% of my action. (Just send the $40 to ScrzBill... I owe him forty I wasn't plannin' to pay.)

BTW, thanks for the US Open support... looks like I got 51 votes in the bag for next year. :)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
This will be the official thread for accounting of the donations, and ultimately the voting results as well as drawing results. The US Open One Pocket has just been announced: 2016 US Open One Pocket will be held at Pool Table Magic (75 Ella Grasso Turnpike) Windsor Locks, CT. Dates: April 18-21, 2016

There is background information on our prior sponsored players, along with paypal/credit card options available for donations on this page:

Mailing address if you want to send a check:

Steve Booth
OnePocket.org
56 Baptist Rd.
Canterbury, NH 03224

*** Please include your User Name so I know who to thank!!! ***

There will be a raffle from the donor list many thanks to Tom Wirth, who has donated a copy of Controlled Aggression, his new One Pocket book.

Both the raffle and the sponsorship voting will be proportionate to the donations -- one vote/chance for 20; 3 votes/chances for 50; 7 votes/chances for 100. Anyone can comment or nominate or be the sponsored player.

Donations so far include Tom Wirth for contributing a book to raffle, and wgcp who ended up winning two copies of Tom's book and has generously passed one forward to this drawing. I will again donate a double set of Freddy's "Banks that don't go but do" DVDs.

lll 100
jrhendy 50 *
unoperro 50
miller 50
Cory 50
wincardona 100
...and a copy of Shots, Moves & Strategy donated by Cowboy Dennis

Thank you Cory and Dr Bill (wincardona) for your generous donations!!

markgriffin

Verified Member
US Open One Pocket update

US Open One Pocket update

US Open One Pocket & Straight Pool INFO - Today, 05:55 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

2016 US Open One Pocket & Straight Pool Championships

CueSports International, Henderson, NV (March 7, 2016) – CSI is pleased to announce the 2016 US Open One Pocket Championship and the 2016 US Open Straight Pool Championship. Both events will be held April 18-24 at Pool Table Magic in Windsor Locks, CT (just a short drive from the Super Billiards Expo which concludes April 17).

US OPEN ONE POCKET
April 18-21
48 players max
Entry Fee: $350
Race to 4/3, Final to 5
Added Money: $5,000 (based on 48)
Double elimination

US OPEN STRAIGHT POOL
April 20-24
48 players max
Entry Fee: $600
Race to 100/150, Final to 200
Added Money: $10,000 (based on 48)
Round Robin (8 groups of 6 – 100pt. matches)
Top 3 from each group advance to a singles elimination bracket – 150pt. matches

INVITED PLAYERS – URGENT – PLEASE READ!
Many of the 48 spots for both events are reserved for invited players through March 15 and invitations have already been sent via email. To accept the invitation, a completed entry form with a $200 (non-refundable) deposit must be received by March 15th. If you do not accept the invitation by March 15, you may lose your spot. On March 16, all remaining spots will be open to anyone. Players who believe they should have received an invitation but did not should contact CSI immediately.

All Other Players
All other players should visit the official webpage for either event (links below), download and complete an entry form, and submit to CSI immediately. You will then be placed on the standby list but not charged until you are given a spot. After March 15, all open spots will be filled by those on the standby list first in the order in which they were received. Therefore, to help secure your spot, do not wait until March 16 – Register today!

Dates & Deadlines
Invited players confirm: Tue, March 15
Remaining spots open: Wed, March 16
Late fees begin: Tue, March 29
Last day for mailed entries: Tue, March 29
Last day to register online: Fri, April 15

Miscellaneous Information
All event details including entry forms, payouts, qualifiers, and much more can be found on the following official event webpages.

2016 US Open One Pocket Championship webpage: www.playcsipool.com/2016-us-open-one-pocket
2016 US Open Straight Pool Championship webpage: www.playcsipool.com/2016-us-open-straight-pool

CueSports International (CSI) ◊ 2041 Pabco Rd., Henderson, NV 89011 ◊ 702-719-7665 ◊ 866-USA-POOL

onepocket

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you Dennis, the book you donated, Shot's Moves & Strategies, by Eddie Robin arrived yesterday. It is in MINT condition!!

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Thank you Dennis, the book you donated, Shot's Moves & Strategies, by Eddie Robin arrived yesterday. It is in MINT condition!!

Steve,

I guess I missed this post. You are welcome. The book is brand new (as possible) and came wrapped to you the way Eddie sent it to me.

Have we picked a player yet?

Dennis

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
This will be the official thread for accounting of the donations, and ultimately the voting results as well as drawing results. The US Open One Pocket has just been announced: 2016 US Open One Pocket will be held at Pool Table Magic (75 Ella Grasso Turnpike) Windsor Locks, CT. Dates: April 18-21, 2016

There is background information on our prior sponsored players, along with paypal/credit card options available for donations on this page:

Mailing address if you want to send a check:

Steve Booth
OnePocket.org
56 Baptist Rd.
Canterbury, NH 03224

*** Please include your User Name so I know who to thank!!! ***

There will be a raffle from the donor list many thanks to Tom Wirth, who has donated a copy of Controlled Aggression, his new One Pocket book.

Both the raffle and the sponsorship voting will be proportionate to the donations -- one vote/chance for 20; 3 votes/chances for 50; 7 votes/chances for 100. Anyone can comment or nominate or be the sponsored player.

Donations so far include Tom Wirth for contributing a book to raffle, and wgcp who ended up winning two copies of Tom's book and has generously passed one forward to this drawing. I will again donate a double set of Freddy's "Banks that don't go but do" DVDs.

lll 100
jrhendy 50 *
unoperro 50
miller 50
Cory 50
wincardona 100
...and a copy of Shots, Moves & Strategy donated by Cowboy Dennis

Based on these donations, those who have donated $$ and media get to vote -- that would be:

lll 100
jrhendy 50 *
unoperro 50
miller 50
Cory 50
wincardona 100
Cowboy Dennis S, M & S book
fastlenny (DVD's)
Tom Wirth (book)
wgcp (book)
NHSteve (DVD)

Please get your votes in so we can let whoever we are sponsoring know they are our player.

It's not too late to contribute and vote, and have a chance to win the donated One Pocket media!!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
If Reverend Dave is out as a possible player and we would like to have a previously un-nominated player then I nominate Steve Booth.

Dennis

I like Reverend Dave myself, and have watched him play (very well), but I would like to see him dropping in here a bit more before I would advocate for him.

I will accept with much gratitude if that is the wish of the membership but my first choice would be someone else :D

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I like Reverend Dave myself, and have watched him play (very well), but I would like to see him dropping in here a bit more before I would advocate for him.

I will accept with much gratitude if that is the wish of the membership but my first choice would be someone else :D
I vote for steve booth...:)