D. Appleton vs. S. Ochoa 2013 D.C.C.

tucson9ball

Verified Member
From
Tucson Arizona
I would shoot to hit the 7 ball fairly thin with draw, getting the Q ball to the far end of the table. The goal would be to leave him straight in on the 1 ball, hopefully froze to the end rail.

The 12 ball should come out a lil bit toward my hole.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Lemme tell you about a shot I saw Reyes make, on a video, recently. Here is one similar, although I don't think it will go.

By all means play off the 7 and by all means leave your man long and straight in on the 1 ball. But think in terms of driving the 13 ball off the 5 and then off the 6. Without much imagination I can see putting a couple of balls in the neighborhood of your pocket - and from a bad situation. It would change everything.

I meant to say off the 5 and then off the 11 ball. Had one of them right. When writing a response, you don't have the option of referring back to the photo for reference.

Last edited:

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Tucson & Vapros have the right idea IMO leave him long and straight in and move some balls over by your pocket. Pressurize him by offering that one ball carrot with the game hanging in the balance if he dogs it.

I would jack up the butt of the cue about 50% and shoot the 7 ball with a stun draw stroke. This will get the most movement out of the balls you are trying to open up and slow the CB on it's trip up table. I prefer leaving the CB a little short of the head rail and that corner pocket. Somewhere between the 1st diamond & the piece of chalk on the long rail. Leaving the CB there would insure not scratching and from there it appears to be straight in on the ball by his pocket.

One ball is a very nice trade off to opening several balls to your pocket and gaining the better position this early in the game. Jmo

Last edited:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I think it's possible to play a firm stroke off the 7 with two tips of left English. The QB straightens out on the second rail and goes behind the 1 to the foot rail

tucson9ball

Verified Member
From
Tucson Arizona
Lemme tell you about a shot I saw Reyes make, on a video, recently. Here is one similar, although I don't think it will go.

By all means play off the 7 and by all means leave your man long and straight in on the 1 ball. But think in terms of driving the 13 ball off the 5 and then off the 6. Without much imagination I can see putting a couple of balls in the neighborhood of your pocket - and from a bad situation. It would change everything.

I meant to say off the 5 and then off the 11 ball. Had one of them right. When writing a response, you don't have the option of referring back to the photo for reference.

You can hit the back arrow without losing your reply. Look at the photo and then hit forward arrow to get back to writing....I learned this just recently :)

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
It looks like if you go off the 7 towards the corner hitting about 1 or 1:30 on the CB that you can 4 rail it and end up back on the foot rail.

Something like this:

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Keep it simple...kick two rails off the short rail then between the long rail and the one ball. Put the cue ball behind the one ball.

I'm not sure what you mean? Short rail then the long and then behind the one. That doesn't seen simple to me. You need a lot of spin which would be hard to do while jacked up.
If you mean long rail then short rail that could work.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Intentional

Intentional

I'm gonna push whitey forward thru the seven, just slightly so that I can see the edge of the nine ball, which I want to disturb ASAP. If my opponent scratches back, I'll gladly clip/move the 9, roll up table lay whitey on the head rail.