A little Thinking "Out of the Box" Fun!

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I know this isn't a EXACT one pocket shot, but, and I'm working on a 1 hole application of this technique.

The position in the diagram has the CB as the "yellow" ball, the objective is, to come up with a "2 Cushion First" shot! And the shot can ONLY be scored 3 cushions, NO more!

View attachment 10765

Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Right short rail (about center diamond I think) then top long rail (should hit right across from where the yellow is now). Catch a 1/2 ball hit on the white and send it into the left short rail (3rd rail) then off into the red :).

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I know this isn't a EXACT one pocket shot, but, and I'm working on a 1 hole application of this technique.

The position in the diagram has the CB as the "yellow" ball, the objective is, to come up with a "2 Cushion First" shot! And the shot can ONLY be scored 3 cushions, NO more!

View attachment 10765

Tickee = The long rail that's across from the cueball, short rail, white ball, short rail, red ball...or we can shoot to the right with inside english and go: short rail, back to the long rail we started from, clip the outside of the red ball, short rail, white ball...shot em' both a zillion times...:)

Last edited:

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I like a ticky out of the upper left hand corner. The only thing about it is that there is the possibility of picking up a forth rail just before contacting the red. But Bill, you know I like billiards but this is a One Pocket site. Maybe Steve can add a café corner for you so you can cross pollinate billiards with One Pocket. :)

Tom

Jimmy B

Verified Member
An easy one. So don't tell me I'm wrong again, cause I know this is it..Down to the short rail with a little right, back to the long rail and across table for the last rail...

TomRoden

Verified Member
Whiskey tango foxtrot !!!!

Whiskey tango foxtrot !!!!

There is no application for this shot in one pocket.
Besides....This is a One pocket forum, not a "mr3cushion show off" forum.
What's next ?? Pictures of your cat ??

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
images (20).jpg

Here's another...which brings up another good topic : who's up for a meme thread? Kinda like AZ's funny gif and joke thread. I've got an arsenal of good ones and just figured out how to upload them. Post here or PM me.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

View attachment 10768

Here's another...which brings up another good topic : who's up for a meme thread? Kinda like AZ's funny gif and joke thread. I've got an arsenal of good ones and just figured out how to upload them. Post here or PM me.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409751657.410894.jpg

I'm in. I have a million of them. And about 5 that aren't so inappropriate that I would post lol. Start a thread.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
The "Ghost" came up with the shot first that I demonstrate. BTW, when I show this shot I make it 4 cushions to show how to maintain effect on the fourth cushion. The "2 cushion first tiki." If Bruce would like, maybe He can explain how the shot is made.RE; any systems, English...

View attachment 10770

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
For the illustrious player from VA. Mr. Roden, who commented there's NO application in 1 one pocket for the shot I diagramed.

Here's where this technique may come in handy.

Your pocket is lower right, you need 3 balls, your opponent 4. You have NO bank and NOT a real good completely "defensive" shot!

Since there's been SO much talk about, "Aggressive" play in the One Pocket is all the fad. I thought I'd demonstrate a marriage of "offence and defense" in a single shot.

I'll reply with the correct technique to produce the results in this diagram, after a few replies.

View attachment 10771

Last edited:

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Bill, I am afraid you are grasping at straws with this one. The term is "controlled Aggression". The shot, though it may be possible, is not a practical shot in a One Pocket game. :sorry

Now maybe a two rail kick into the lower left hand corner with the cue ball a little further to the left short rail? No ticky. :rolleyes:

Tom

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Bill, I am afraid you are grasping at straws with this one. The term is "controlled Aggression". The shot, though it may be possible, is not a practical shot in a One Pocket game. :sorry

Now maybe a two rail kick into the lower left hand corner with the cue ball a little further to the left short rail? No ticky. :rolleyes:

Tom

Ye of little faith, Doubting Thomas's!

The CB is where it is!

This shot, like any, is comparable to the player's knowledge of, "cushion first shots," technique" and then, "execution" of this shot!

Tom W., do you understand the cushion first fundamentals and technique for the CB effect and angle, I'm creating in the diagram? This is, "Controlled Aggression" when a player is aware and understands the elements of this type of 'tiki!" :D

If Bruce doesn't explain it, I will later.

Also, would a video with a "similar" position for the 3C shot be helpful in understanding that I may NOT be, "Grasping at straws!"
;)

Last edited:

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
3c, that shot would be OK if you were down 7-0. Otherwise, no good for a plethora of reasons, not least of which is the looming scratch. In fact, the three-railer on the nine, albeit wild, would be a better shot. I will say, however, a 2-rail kick of this type can come in handy, especially where the OB is closer to the corner pocket.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida

Ye of little faith, Doubting Thomas's!

The CB is where it is!

This shot, like any, is comparable to the player's knowledge of, "cushion first shots," technique" and then, "execution" of this shot!

Tom W., do you understand the cushion first fundamentals and technique for the CB effect and angle, I'm creating in the diagram? This is, "Controlled Aggression" when a player is aware and understands the elements of this type of 'tiki!" :D

If Bruce doesn't explain it, I will later.

Also, would a video with a "similar" position for the 3C shot be helpful in understanding that I may NOT be, "Grasping at straws!"
;)

Bill, I have a reasonable understanding of the principles you speak of. I've been around the block more than a few times as you well know. I am speaking of practicality here. Be reasonable, Bill. Regardless of the knowledge of this form of kick shots, the shot has no place in a game of One Pocket as you have described it. You are barking up the wrong tree this time.

There will be numerous occasions where a two rail kick would be a viable option. Try to invent a scenario to match this shot to that situation. This Ain't it! Patience is also an integral part of the game you know.
Bill, I do like the shot in 3cushion billiards but this is ONE POCKET buddy.

Tom

BTW aliens are eating my shorts! Do you believe me?

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Bill, I have a reasonable understanding of the principles you speak of. I've been around the block more than a few times as you well know. I am speaking of practicality here. Be reasonable, Bill. Regardless of the knowledge of this form of kick shots, the shot has no place in a game of One Pocket as you have described it. You are barking up the wrong tree this time.

There will be numerous occasions where a two rail kick would be a viable option. Try to invent a scenario to match this shot to that situation. This Ain't it! Patience is also an integral part of the game you know.

Tom

BTW aliens are eating my shorts! Do you believe me?

Tom; What is your choice to shoot from the position diagramed on the pool table?

I'm willing to learn something here!