Wwcd

1pwannabe

Verified Member
What would cliff do? 0-0

tucson9ball

Verified Member
From
Tucson Arizona
It's hard to tell from just the one pic, but if the angle to the kick off the head rail is there, I'm sure he is getting the 4 ball over to his side and getting whitey up table a bit.

unoperro

Verified Member
I know I have tried to 3 rail the 7 with high right, thinking whitey ends up under the 4.
Tried enough to know I can't control whitey!:rolleyes:
Cliff can be hard to figure out. He will passively bump balls, and he will aggressively move multiple balls.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
What would cliff do? 0-0

I like off the 11 to go behind the 4, but I don't think there's enough room to avoid the double kiss at the angle he needs. If no angle for that, force-follow through the 13, cutting it slightly to his right, CB under or behind the 4. (Takes an awfully good hit, and I'm not Cliff, but I think he can do it.)

beatle

Verified Member
take out the 4 with the 13 and leave the cue ball in the best place you can with the angle given on the short rail.

if you can do franks shot with the angle then that is good.

but that 4 has to go away.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Looks like he can two rail the 13 into the back of the 4 and freeze the CB under the 11. 13 goes up table and the 4 crashes the stack, moving some balls to his side, possibly making the 4 ball.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I'm not sure the CB can be masse'd around the 13 to bank the 4. That's a difficult shot to gauge. It's hard to tell from our view angle. I'd probably go off the 11 into the 4, since the 11 looks like it's about 1/2" off the rail.

Cliff might bank the 7 ball three rails, and draw the CB back into the stack.

~Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
take out the 4 with the 13 and leave the cue ball in the best place you can with the angle given on the short rail.

if you can do franks shot with the angle then that is good.

but that 4 has to go away.

Looks like he can two rail the 13 into the back of the 4 and freeze the CB under the 11. 13 goes up table and the 4 crashes the stack, moving some balls to his side, possibly making the 4 ball.

this was the first shot i saw
cc2.jpg

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Wwcd

If I can see the cross bank on the four of course I'm taking that shot. But if not I'm going off the 11 I'm putting the Q behind the four. I do think it can be done without a kiss.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
If I can see the cross bank on the four of course I'm taking that shot. But if not I'm going off the 11 I'm putting the Q behind the four. I do think it can be done without a kiss.
mitch
take a walk on the WILD side...:D
set it up and experiment with banking the stripe 2 rails into the back of the 4 and let me know how you end up
just curious....;)

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
this was the first shot i saw
View attachment 14407

That's it Larry, but I would want the CB much nearer the 11 ball though. For the shot to be successful the CB must be within a couple of inches of the 11 and preferably froze on the foot rail, otherwise unless the 4 actually goes, it could very easily be a sell out of a bank on the 4 or another ball from the stack that got pushed over by the 4 ball.

Just sayin, if the angle was good to lay the CB on the foot rail and pop the 13 two rails into the back of the 4, then that's what I would do, if it wasn't there, I'd probably do the slight masse kick on the 4 ball.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
That's it Larry, but I would want the CB much nearer the 11 ball though. For the shot to be successful the CB must be within a couple of inches of the 11 and preferably froze on the foot rail, otherwise unless the 4 actually goes, it could very easily be a sell out of a bank on the 4 or another ball from the stack that got pushed over by the 4 ball.

Just sayin, if the angle was good to lay the CB on the foot rail and pop the 13 two rails into the back of the 4, then that's what I would do,

It looks to me that getting the CB on the 11 requires cutting the 13 slightly to the left, which sends the 13 2 rails into the 4, but the bottom of the 4, so the 13 might come right back at the CB and the 4 goes uptable.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
It looks to me that getting the CB on the 11 requires cutting the 13 slightly to the left, which sends the 13 2 rails into the 4, but the bottom of the 4, so the 13 might come right back at the CB and the 4 goes uptable.

I can't see the angle, but if you are right, then, you are of course, correct, and it wouldn't work. Just thought it was close, looking at it from the only perspective provided. It's what popped into my head first. Getting at, removing, or getting behind the 4 ball was a priority, and if I could somehow add offense and remove the 4, all the better.

Shooting different shots, more complex shots, somewhat unusual shots, just to see how they turn out is something I like to do. It's a fun learning process for me John, if sometimes the shots fail miserably, well I just chalk it up to gaining some knowledge and try to remember not to make the same blunder again. :)

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida

Mitch, if you can't see the four you can always jump over a piece of the five to get to it. I might be more inclined to masse to the foot rail between the thirteen and eleven in an attempt to bank the four. One or the other as I see it.

Tom

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Pretty much everyone identified the 4 ball as the primary issue to deal with.

This particular situation caught my eye because it shows how a top 1P player like Cliff takes it one step farther. He not only spin kick banks the 4 ball, he does it with such perfect cue ball control that he sends it 3 rails behind the ball on his side at the top of the table.

He does this kind of thing regularly btw, I've seen it in gambling matches here several times. A different level of the game entirely.

Clip of Cliff's spin kick bank safe

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

This particular situation caught my eye because it shows how a top 1P player like Cliff takes it one step farther. He not only spin kick banks the 4 ball, he does it with such perfect cue ball control that he sends it 3 rails behind the ball on his side at the top of the table.

He does this kind of thing regularly btw, I've seen it in gambling matches here several times. A different level of the game entirely.

nice shot by cliff
thanks for the wwcd

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Wwcd

The whole match comes up for me. Do you know what minute mark this shot comes up? Tks.