Need Spanish translator

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I am considering translating my books, Banking With The Beard and The GosPool into the Spanish language in order to reach a larger audience. I dont have a clue as to how to go about it. Any serious professional suggestions would be appreciated. Please no guesses as to how to do it. I am more than capable of doing that myself.

Beard

I also posted this on AZ

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Which ever route you go with this I believe that you will need to have it proof read by someone fluent in Spanish and he needs to be a seasoned player.
Things will change meanings if translated in true form. This is a must.

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
Plenty

Plenty

Lots of qualified men, Freddie. Start with Ernesto and Oscar Dominguez and then maybe Morro Paez.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I can't agree with Grady today. Have the translation done by a bi-lingual writer, because a literal translation would be a trainwreck, and then call upon one of the pool players to proof it, if you want. (Even so, you will need a bi-lingual pool player who believes blindly in everything you have written, or else you will find yourself arguing with him, over and over.) There's more involved here than one might expect.

How many latino prospective buyers do you think you can find, who are unable to read the original version? Good luck and be well.

Last edited:

JAM

Verified Member
This subject matter is my bailiwick. I do not do translation, but I do have a strong expertise in professionally written print matter.

You need a professional translation company to perform this task; that is, if you want the book to be spelled correctly, with proper punctuation. Otherwise, the book will look like a rough draft if done by an amateur.

A professional translation company can do this. A person who speaks Spanish fluently may not have the skills set needed to produce a comprehensive hard-copy document. The professional translation company can perform both functions: translation and document.

Skin

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
I am considering translating my books, Banking With The Beard and The GosPool into the Spanish language in order to reach a larger audience. I dont have a clue as to how to go about it. Any serious professional suggestions would be appreciated. Please no guesses as to how to do it. I am more than capable of doing that myself.

Beard

I also posted this on AZ

This is what your publisher and editor are for, to figure this out for you while you bask in the sun on your royalities and swim in the glory of your successes.

Skin

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Thanks....

Thanks....

... for everyone's suggestions and advice. I just want to save myself as much time, energy and money as I can. I will consider all the options ya'all provided. I definitely need someone poolwise and Spanish literate to do a final reading edit tho.

Beard

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:

Beard

I also posted this on AZ
Freddy..have you also considered Filipino? They speak Tagalog..its a heinz 57 language. If your interested look at translatorbar.com

urbanlegend

Hi Freddy,

My wife has translated for several companies including Home Depot ect....I can ask her? Let me know

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
I am able to perform just such a task. Being fluent in spanish and having two retired teachers at my disposal. A translation of this magnitude can generate many glitches, which would have to be smoothed out. I am familiar with them. I translated "don quixote" to english once, and it read around 95 percent the same as the english translated work.

Have you an amount in mind you would be willing to invest for such a task to be performed? To provide a complete translation, proofread and revised. Pm me.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
freddy maybe fanny could ask the guy with the funny break to do it and you could include his secret to the break:rolleyes: just sayin:D

#Cruncher

Verified Member
Translating toTagalog? Are you insane? :eek:

The Phillipinos are already tough as nails to beat and you want to give them another tool in the belt to make them unstoppable.

Don't do it Freddy, Please.;)