Lets Play When and Were

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
To Dennis You are correct androd when you said that I am a Pro and Dennies never was and I should play Dennis because I am a pro even though I havant played in 25 years. I will put a 2 thousand dollaers forfit money with who you think should hold it. And we will play 6 games ahead. I will come to Detroite give me a date and time. So far all I have herd is I will play for ten thousand dollaers and I havante seen anyone that wants to play. Put up your forfite money so I know you want to play. And I will play you because androd said that I am a pro and I should play because you are not a knowen player. So I will play you anytime even this week. WE will see if you realy want to play. Or is it all coversation. WE will put up the forfit money and you tell me when we will play.Or doesnt anyone on this site want to keep thier word and play. Or just talk and back out. I want to play and If you win take the money. And we will see who has the balls and heart to play and win. And not make excuesses and back out. I am hering the same nonsense over and over lets play and then we will see who is the winner. And rod you are 100% correct I am a pro and I should play. And that is what I will do. Know we will see if I have a opponent. Or is it all talk. And people say I am bullshit. I got knews for everybody I am for realwhen I say I will play I will play. And I dont stroke people I play when I say I will play. Are you going to play or not. You made the challange so lets see if you keep your word. Lets play. I have two games Dennis and Dick and I will play the partner game in galviston with Billy I will back him because he doesnt like the game. I will play that game two 1 thousadn dollaers a game we will put up for 5 games. THat makes 3 sessions KNow we will see what happines. What do you think Androd and Ghosty.

philwelch

Verified Member
From
Plainfield,IL
Artie Bodendorfer said:
To Dennis You are correct androd when you said that I am a Pro and Dennies never was and I should play Dennis because I am a pro even though I havant played in 25 years. I will put a 2 thousand dollaers forfit money with who you think should hold it. And we will play 6 games ahead. I will come to Detroite give me a date and time. So far all I have herd is I will play for ten thousand dollaers and I havante seen anyone that wants to play. Put up your forfite money so I know you want to play. And I will play you because androd said that I am a pro and I should play because you are not a knowen player. So I will play you anytime even this week. WE will see if you realy want to play. Or is it all coversation. WE will put up the forfit money and you tell me when we will play.Or doesnt anyone on this site want to keep thier word and play. Or just talk and back out. I want to play and If you win take the money. And we will see who has the balls and heart to play and win. And not make excuesses and back out. I am hering the same nonsense over and over lets play and then we will see who is the winner. And rod you are 100% correct I am a pro and I should play. And that is what I will do. Know we will see if I have a opponent. Or is it all talk. And people say I am bullshit. I got knews for everybody I am for realwhen I say I will play I will play. And I dont stroke people I play when I say I will play. Are you going to play or not. You made the challange so lets see if you keep your word. Lets play. I have two games Dennis and Dick and I will play the partner game in galviston with Billy I will back him because he doesnt like the game. I will play that game two 1 thousadn dollaers a game we will put up for 5 games. THat makes 3 sessions KNow we will see what happines. What do you think Androd and Ghosty.
This is exciting!!! Artie you rule!!!!!

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Artie Bodendorfer said:

Per your "Galveston" Thread, you were looking for another game and I offered to play $1000 a game, post five games.

You didn't mention my name but you did mention the game I suggested.

Are we on for Galveston? Just trying to keep things clear.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
jrhendy said:
Per your "Galveston" Thread, you were looking for another game and I offered to play $1000 a game, post five games.

WE have a game in galveston. The ten thousand dollaers was for Dennies. Unless you want to play a ten thousad dollaer freeze out instead ove a thousadnd dollaers a game. Ten thousand dollaers would make it a little bit more interesting. Let me know how much you want to play for. But the ten thousand dollaers was meant for Dennies and dick The D and D men. But you can bet 10 thousand dollaers to if you want to.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
You Da man

You Da man

jrhendy said:

John, you da man. If there is any human way I can get into any kind of physical and pool shape for Derby City, I would like to give you some action. You iz my kinda guy. You are a rare bird, and a fast dying breed, people that just step up without asking for help and a CIA investigation. That's how I always operated, not always successfully, but that was the way I chose to go. Please dont miss DCC.

the Beard
Good luck against Artie, I'll pull for you -- a little

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Artie Bodendorfer said:
WE have a game in galveston. The ten thousand dollaers was for Dennies. Unless you want to play a ten thousad dollaer freeze out instead ove a thousadnd dollaers a game. Ten thousand dollaers would make it a little bit more interesting. Let me know how much you want to play for. But the ten thousand dollaers was meant for Dennies and dick The D and D men. But you can bet 10 thousand dollaers to if you want to.

$5,000 will be fine.* I have to save a little money for the Ghost (not much) and some for the partner game with you and Billy.

* Unless Ronnie gives me some good horses between now and Galveston, in which case I will bring more $$$.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
jrhendy said:
$5,000 will be fine.* I have to save a little money for the Ghost (not much) and some for the partner game with you and Billy.

* Unless Ronnie gives me some good horses between now and Galveston, in which case I will bring more $$$.
You have a bet for 5thousand dollaers you show a lot off heart and class. Jrhendy I think it will be fun.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Artie Bodendorfer said:
You have a bet for 5thousand dollaers you show a lot off heart and class. Jrhendy I think it will be fun.

I think it will be fun too. The worst thing that can happen is I lose a little $$ and get a $30,000 lesson for $5,000.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
You Da Man

You Da Man

jrhendy said:
I think it will be fun too. The worst thing that can happen is I lose a little $$ and get a $30,000 lesson for $5,000.
John, Artie asked me about the game and I said that I didn't know how you were playing, but the game couldn't be too far out of line either way. But my problem is that I have back problems and haven't played since the DCC. I told him that I really didn't like the game because I don't know how well I can play considering my back, and he said he would put up the money and all I needed to do was practice a little to get in shape. John, Artie is strong headed as you know and if i'm able to play the game it would have to be with coaching because he would probably be unhappy with some of my shot choices, since he's putting up the money and I wan't to win as you do, and it would have to be with coaching. I figured I would mention this before we get too far ahead of ourselves with the rest of the negotiations. I really don't care about the length of the match, in terms of a race or ahead set's or set, but I probably won't be able to play any longer than 5 or 6 hrs. a day. I appreciate the action and i'm not trying to be difficult in matching up, just about everything else is ok with me. I would rather play heads up, but that will hold untill some other time. I would like to play a partner match with Artie agains't you and Dennis, or you and SJD. It doesn't have to be for big $$$ medium $$ would be fine, something like $300 a man, that would be fun, what do you guy's say to that? I think at our age getting in this type of action is great, maybe Rodney can jump in. Anyways see you in Galveston.:D

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
wincardona said:
John, Artie asked me about the game and I said that I didn't know how you were playing, but the game couldn't be too far out of line either way. But my problem is that I have back problems and haven't played since the DCC. I told him that I really didn't like the game because I don't know how well I can play considering my back, and he said he would put up the money and all I needed to do was practice a little to get in shape. John, Artie is strong headed as you know and if i'm able to play the game it would have to be with coaching because he would probably be unhappy with some of my shot choices, since he's putting up the money and I wan't to win as you do, and it would have to be with coaching. I figured I would mention this before we get too far ahead of ourselves with the rest of the negotiations. I really don't care about the length of the match, in terms of a race or ahead set's or set, but I probably won't be able to play any longer than 5 or 6 hrs. a day. I appreciate the action and i'm not trying to be difficult in matching up, just about everything else is ok with me. I would rather play heads up, but that will hold untill some other time. I would like to play a partner match with Artie agains't you and Dennis, or you and SJD. It doesn't have to be for big $$$ medium $$ would be fine, something like $300 a man, that would be fun, what do you guy's say to that? I think at our age getting in this type of action is great, maybe Rodney can jump in. Anyways see you in Galveston.:D

It looks like Artie & I will play our heads up game first. The partners game I offered and I think he agreed to, was to shoot in between both of you and be my own partner. I know this may be an advantage for me if we were all even players, but if you are playing, you certainly are a better player than I am and that makes it competitive in my mind. You gave me 9/7, 8/7 the only time we ever played, and that was three sessions at Hard Times, Bellflower, in the early 90's. You were not playing much then either but it was a close game.

Coaching is fine and if another game materializes with a partner for me I will play and I will play anything that is near what I think is a fair game.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
thepavlos said:
Are there any plans for these matches to be videotaped or broadcast via TAR???
a dvd with freddy and/or sjd and/or ghost and/ or dennis giving commentary would be great. you could tape it first and they could give the commentary after the fact as they watched if they couldnt be there in person. pat at accu-stats or fast lenny could this be done? i do beleive most of us would buy it.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
jrhendy said:
It looks like Artie & I will play our heads up game first. The partners game I offered and I think he agreed to, was to shoot in between both of you and be my own partner. I know this may be an advantage for me if we were all even players, but if you are playing, you certainly are a better player than I am and that makes it competitive in my mind. You gave me 9/7, 8/7 the only time we ever played, and that was three sessions at Hard Times, Bellflower, in the early 90's. You were not playing much then either but it was a close game.

Coaching is fine and if another game materializes with a partner for me I will play and I will play anything that is near what I think is a fair game.

John, I don't recall you offering to play Artie heads up, Artie only mentioned the partner game to me, you playing between us. If Artie wants to play you even thats up to him, I was under the impression that you wanted to play the partner game. In the With Galveston on my mind thread you suggested that you wanted to play the partner game, in answer to Arties challenge about Artie and me playing a partner game with someone. You agreed to play the partner game in post #2,#4,and#6. Once again I don't recall seeing the post where you and Artie were supposed to play heads up.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
wincardona said:
John, I don't recall you offering to play Artie heads up, Artie only mentioned the partner game to me, you playing between us. If Artie wants to play you even thats up to him, I was under the impression that you wanted to play the partner game. In the With Galveston on my mind thread you suggested that you wanted to play the partner game, in answer to Arties challenge about Artie and me playing a partner game with someone. You agreed to play the partner game in post #2,#4,and#6. Once again I don't recall seeing the post where you and Artie were supposed to play heads up.

I will play both games.

See Arties "With Galveston on my mind" thread.

We can play a thousand dollaers a game and someone has to win 3 or 5 games I will let you make that choice. I think you are the only one that will realy play. I respect you for that. Thats why I am letting you pick 3 or 5 games athousand dollaers a game. THe way I see it your word is good. I hope we have a great time playing. See you in galvestion.

John

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
jrhendy said:
I will play both games.

See Arties "With Galveston on my mind" thread.

We can play a thousand dollaers a game and someone has to win 3 or 5 games I will let you make that choice. I think you are the only one that will realy play. I respect you for that. Thats why I am letting you pick 3 or 5 games athousand dollaers a game. THe way I see it your word is good. I hope we have a great time playing. See you in galvestion.

John
We will play the partner game and I would play you heads up but I have to play dich first. Since I belive you are the better player and if I beat you then I loose the action with dick. I would like to have Dicks word that if Billy and I beat you in a partner game that he will still play the 10 thousand dollaer session at a later date. His word will be good enough. And after I play Dick then I will decide if I will play you next. And if we play we will play 6 games ahead for ten thousand dollaers. But you have a partner game with Billy and me in Galviston. And Billy and you both play better then me. Maybe you and Billy can play a even heads up match. I think itys real close. But thats up to you guys. So everything looks ok.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Artie Bodendorfer said:
We will play the partner game and I would play you heads up but I have to play dich first. Since I belive you are the better player and if I beat you then I loose the action with dick. I would like to have Dicks word that if Billy and I beat you in a partner game that he will still play the 10 thousand dollaer session at a later date. His word will be good enough. And after I play Dick then I will decide if I will play you next. And if we play we will play 6 games ahead for ten thousand dollaers. But you have a partner game with Billy and me in Galviston. And Billy and you both play better then me. Maybe you and Billy can play a even heads up match. I think itys real close. But thats up to you guys. So everything looks ok.

OK, just to make it clear - You do not want to play heads up in Galveston, but you are on for the partners game with me shooting in between you and Billy. Dick will not be there, so it would be impossible to play him first.

I would have played both games, but that is ok, we will play the partners game.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
jrhendy said:
OK, just to make it clear - You do not want to play heads up in Galveston, but you are on for the partners game with me shooting in between you and Billy. Dick will not be there, so it would be impossible to play him first.

Thats correct I will play Dick before you but you have a parther game. And like I said Billy might play you head up I dont know you have to ask him? WE might play after I play Dick. WE have still some time left in life I think. This is the decision I made The partner game and then Dick when he has time and is ready. And if I can still make a ball I will play you. Becuse I feel like playing and its a great pass time. Her is how I see the handy caps Billy and you are real close in a one pocket game. Dick is behind you and Billy and Dick and I are about even. Dick is the better shooter and banker. But I hope my movies can hold up. But only time will tell.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Flip Flop

Flip Flop

jrhendy said:

wow, that was a big change that happened over night. Artie was chomping at the bit to play you heads up, and even wanted to play for more money than the 5 games at a 1,000. Now, he isn't sure if he wants to play you at all, and is trying to set you up with Billy instead.:confused:

Seems you've been clocked at a higher speed than Artie was expecting.:eek:

So my question to you, would be......

Lessons from Artie - $500 or $1000 dollars a hour http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showpost.php?p=28477&postcount=18

Lessons from John - would be how much????

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
CaliRed said:
wow, that was a big change that happened over night. Artie was chomping at the bit to play you heads up, and even wanted to play for more money than the 5 games at a 1,000. Now, he isn't sure if he wants to play you at all, and is trying to set you up with Billy instead.:confused:

Lessons from Artie - $500 or $1000 dollars a hour http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showpost.php?p=28477&postcount=18

I dont know what country you are coming from. But I never said on any of my posts that I would play jrhandy head up one pocket. Get your information correct thier was never no discousion about playing head up. Only a parther game with Billy and me against jrhandy. And Jrhandy is a better player then Dick. Who would you play first Geniusss.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
CaliRed said:

I doubt anyone would pay for lessons from me and I wouldn't charge them if they did. I have never been a great player but I have been a good player for 50 years. Both Artie & Billy were quite a bit better than me in their prime.

I'm 70 now and playing pretty good for a guy my age. I want to find out how I do against a couple of legends who are getting a little long in the tooth themselves.