Danny Medina stage 4

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
I read on facebook that Danny Medina, Colorado, has stage 4 cancer, and is undergoing treatment. Prayer sent for Danny.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
I read on facebook that Danny Medina, Colorado, has stage 4 cancer, and is undergoing treatment. Prayer sent for Danny.

Sorry to hear that..It seems a lot of people fall to that horrible disease these days...Hope a cure is found soon..Best to Danny and family and friends.

Sorry to hear that..It seems a lot of people fall to that horrible disease these days...Hope a cure is found soon..Best to Danny and family and friends.

This is very disturbing to hear. I hope it is not true.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Medina is a battler, a true warrior, and I know he's fighting hard as always. Danny has always been a solid player / person, and I wish him the best.

Billy Incardona

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
This is very disturbing to hear. I hope it is not true.

It is true, unfortunately. I played in a US Open 1-pocket tourney at Felt Bar (formerly Table Steaks in Englewood, CO) today that Danny was scheduled to play in, but was unable to do so because of his health. He has many friends in CO that are keeping Danny in their thoughts and prayers.

Mark Haddad won the tourney - he played great.

Dave

tylerdurden

Verified Member
My best to Danny, I have seen him play some GREAT pool. I have an old accustat of him and our own Dr. Bill, and if I remember correctly Danny run 9 and out or something outrageous like that.

If I may ask a question, only curious.... is this in the bank forum because Danny plays banks well? I've seen him bank well playing 9 ball, just wasn't sure if he happened to be a great bank pool player as well??

SJDinPHX

Suspended
My best to Danny, I have seen him play some GREAT pool. I have an old accustat of him and our own Dr. Bill, and if I remember correctly Danny run 9 and out or something outrageous like that.

If I may ask a question, only curious.... is this in the bank forum because Danny plays banks well? I've seen him bank well playing 9 ball, just wasn't sure if he happened to be a great bank pool player as well??

Tyler, I am quite sure 'someone' will be along shortly, to dispell that obvious mistatement...He will make it quite clear, Danny never beat ANYBODY, ever, in Chicago...;) (he may even demand that you wash your mouth out with soap)...:eek:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Wrong again!

Wrong again!

Tyler, I am quite sure 'someone' will be along shortly, to dispell that obvious mistatement...He will make it quite clear, Danny never beat ANYBODY, ever, in Chicago...;) (he may even demand that you wash your mouth out with soap)...:eek:

DuckBrain, you are never right and now you are wrong. Actually, Danny is one of the few humans to beat me playing even banks in Chicago. Jay Helfert was staking him and we played at the Billiard Cafe. The bet was $500 a game and Danny beat me out of $2500.

However --- and you knew a however was coming ---We landed on each other once more at Starcher's tourn in Akron, Ohio for $200 a game. This time we were both betting our own. I played much tighter this time, but he still had enough momentum from our last outing to win the first two games, but I beat him the next 8 in a row and he packed it in, never to play again. He left me with one of the most delicious lines I have ever heard (and you know how cocky he was), "Freddy, I can’t beat you playing bank pool." That remark, and a few others have sustained me through the years.

Beard

Yes, Danny was also cocky enough to get Jay to bet $500 a game.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
fred bentivegna said:
$200 a game. This time we were both betting our own. I played much tighter this time

Beard

And yet recently some jackass who has never bet a nickel on himself has tried to convince me that making a top player bet his own money is a bad thing:confused:.

I guess that I, a lowly, wannabe, semi-partial-short-stop was on to something afterall. Maybe I really knew what I was doing. No, probably not.

RBL

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
What Fats said

What Fats said

And yet recently some jackass who has never bet a nickel on himself has tried to convince me that making a top player bet his own money is a bad thing:confused:.

I guess that I, a lowly, wannabe, semi-partial-short-stop was on to something afterall. Maybe I really knew what I was doing. No, probably not.

RBL

This is one of the great Fats quotes. "..Sure he's playing good. He's playing on "O.P." ("Other Peoples" -- money). O.P. -- it's stronger than the Atomic bomb."

And lets not forget the immortal line from Peter Rabbit, "I just feel naked without a backer."

Beard

TWO PICKS

Verified Member
Getting back to Danny Medina, I only met him once and he was fun to be around. I pray that he will overcome this terrible disease.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
I hope the best for Mr. Medina. Having played him a number of times and having been bested by him most of those times I gained a lot of respect for his game. Nice guy to talk to and a pleasure to be around him. Good luck to you Danny.