looking for 2 rail bank system

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
opcoog said:
short rail first. beard didn't explain too well in his book(s). important one hole shot.

thanks

THE 1 BALL, English=middle ball left no draw. 2 ball,= left draw english. as you can see very different target for each situation.
Rod.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AQeV4BNcT4PQjB2QFFD2RTQv4UQeV4UOSt4UOSt2UEvs3UbSh3Ubbj3Ucpo3UcIr4VNcT4VJlr2VTYt3Vbbj3Vcxo3VbTB3VbsB3Vcpo4kQjB4kRLL4kcXt3kBUn3uAIR@[/CUETABLE]

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
You kidding or what?

You kidding or what?

opcoog said:
short rail first. beard didn't explain too well in his book(s). important one hole shot.

thanks

Did you happen to not read pages 146 and 147 of Banking With The Beard? There is no place on earth where the shot is explained with any more detail, except for the video treatise I do in, Banking With The Beard - The Movie, where I make, in real time -- no camera tricks, 3 two in the corners in a row.

Beard

Here is page 146

Attachments

• Banking W-Beard New fixed4_img_118 (600 x 380).jpg
    Banking W-Beard New fixed4_img_118 (600 x 380).jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 6

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Freddie will steer you right on banks. There are lots of variables, but I find that, basically, they are all 45 degree shots. Second diamond to second diamond, for example. This will get you close. :rolleyes: I'm referring to the initial line of aim, not the first bank.

Curious to see what comments might follow . . .

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Have a few pages

Have a few pages

Have a few pages of these my friend gave me 20-25 years ago on his return from the road.I can find and make copies if you want to send your snail mail address,thanks,Bob

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Hold on "Science Guy's" !!!

Hold on "Science Guy's" !!!

As with all systems, be they "bank", or "aiming systems"...all you get is an "approximate", as to where the ball SHOULD go.

Pool is NOT a WEI table ! The diamond (or any other) system may work great for billiards, but it falls far short of getting the job done, when LOCATION (as in one pocket)...really counts.

There is no guarantee (with a diagramed plan) that you willl come close to making the ball, AFTER you factor in, speed, humidity, new cloth, old cloth, english applied,...etc.

Bank pool, is radically different than one pocket. You need to learn how these banks apply to "pocket speed", as opposed to just firing...to make the bank.

Beardman knows this, and while his teachings may be fundamentally sound, every shot, on various equipment, and DEPNDING ON SPEED, and the above criteria...can be quite different. (as he sometimes tries to humbly point out)

Good players adapt to these conditions early on in the game...or else they are simply NOT good players.

Practicing these various bank shots, should easily show you...what I am saying, is indisputable.

Last edited:

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
touche

touche

Well said SJD,the diamond system and its variations be it 2-3-4-5-6-7 rail shots only get you close and thinking which is half the battle I guess.Merry Christmas or Schatjdmcidhe' as they used to say in Babylon.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
All that being said....

All that being said....

Now with all that being said, does anybody want to get up on a strange table in DCC and shoot 2 in the corners with me? Proviso is I am no more than 2 ft from the object ball and off the rail.

Beard