John Brumback: Tips From A Pro

kollegedave

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
Mr. Brumback made a few really good posts on the AZ main forum, which provided some great nuggets of wisdom.

Let's use this thread to make Mr. Brumback give us normal people some more tips.

Mr. Brumback, more tips from a pro...please?

Sincerely,

kollegedave

P.S. I promise to use all tips against lfigueroa immediately. I do not guarantee victory, but I would like to think I could be responsible for a gray hair or two (there aren't many more to go :heh).

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Mr. Brumback made a few really good posts on the AZ main forum, which provided some great nuggets of wisdom.

Let's use this thread to make Mr. Brumback give us normal people some more tips.

Mr. Brumback, more tips from a pro...please?

Sincerely,

kollegedave

P.S. I promise to use all tips against lfigueroa immediately. I do not guarantee victory, but I would like to think I could be responsible for a gray hair or two (there aren't many more to go :heh).

I crush you like ripe grape,

Lou Figueroa

tylerdurden

Verified Member
There is some great stuff in the bank forum he has posted. It was a while back though.

I really do find him to be a good teacher. I had been practicing banks for a while, maybe a year, and it wasn't until I had some interaction with him in that forum that I learned some of the most valuable stuff I know.

There is a youtube clip of him turning in a bank that is close to the side rail with just a TOUCH of (inside) spin. That bank has so many lessons in it; I think it is at the crux of what every good banker needs to understand, which is how to put the most possible turn on a ball.

He has the shot in the bank forum that he recommends for teaching where you put the cb on the spot, the the ob close to the rail diamond 3 and must stiff it in the side. This is the shot to practice to learn how to max stiff a bank. This is where you will learn what just a touch of high ball can do, the shot forces you to learn it.

He can tell yo much better than I, but a search in that bank forum will bring up some very good stuff if you look hard enough.

Having said all that, I hope he comes in here and posts some more knowledge as well :)