Screwed up again !

SJDinPHX

Suspended
I just spent 2 hrs. (at my 3 WPM typing speed) pouring my heart out on AZB, thinking I was on 1P.org.
Don't know how to link it.
Title is "Mr. Mumbles Strikes Again.... Sorry guy's.

Hungover Dick

PS. Steve, can you change your background color (its the same as AZB) so us retard's will know where we are ?
I am partial to fuscia or mauve...;)

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
QUOTE=SJDinPHX
"I did not see the action I was hoping for at the DCC. Probably saved me major $$$.
Things were just too hectic for an old country boy like me. The Ghost and JoeyA, and Lou F. did not woof at me, (was it fear ?) :eek:
I think they thought I played as good as my buddy John Henderson (which I don't)
The highlight of my week was at the HOF banquet, where I was called up to say a few words about Flyboy upon his Action Award.
I was a little overserved, (a rare occurance) but I stumbled up and mumbled a few words. I would like to know what they were Steve ?
I wish I could have told the story about Jimmy and I's first meeting, but I didn't remember it till Fly and I were talking downstairs later.
Flyboy was just out of the service, and was working at Wayne's Billiard Academy in Portland, OR.
This was Pre-one pocket days, when I fancied myself quite the 9 ball player.
Jimmy recalled us playing some $20-9 ball, (which was respectable in those days) and I guess I was drilling him pretty good.
My starting bankroll was about $200. As Jimmy tells it, I was soon up about 10 games on him, and he started to un-joint his cue as I was shooting in the last 9 ball. He had never asked to raise it, but I could sense that he wanted to bet more $$$.
Smart ass that I was I said, "you know you can bet more if you want too, do you want to play some for $40 ?
With the grin only Fly can flash at you, he said, "No but I'll play you some for $400 a game" !
As that would have given me a one game bankroll, I dogged it and said " how about $100 a game" He stuck to his guns and that was the end of the session. No one had more gamble than the Flyman.
We became close friends, and he helped me make some good money in the Northwest. We played a few more times over the years, but never nose-bleed high. No one is more deserving of the Action Award than Flyboy. IMO
If everyone handled their business like Jimmy Spears, pool action would be the best gamble on earth. Luv you man.

Dick

PS. Congratulations also to Jack Cooney on his well deserved induction to the 1P HOF."

/QUOTE
Your opening post

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
no woofing

no woofing

Dick, when they don't woof at you it means they know that you are not a sucker. It's a compliment, but you don't win any money off of it.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
Dick, when they don't woof at you it means they know that you are not a sucker. It's a compliment, but you don't win any money off of it.

Thanks Cowboy, I thought it was just pity. But now that you mention it, that is NOT a very common emotion among pool player's...is it ?

Dick

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Pity

Pity

SJDinPHX said:
Thanks Cowboy, I thought it was just pity. But now that you mention it, that is NOT a very common emotion among pool player's...is it ?

Dick
If it is then I know a whole bunch of pitiful players. They haven't asked me to play in years.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
QUOTE=SJDinPHX

The Ghost and JoeyA, and Lou F. did not woof at me, (was it fear ?) :eek:

Dick

[/QUOTE]

Sorry Dick, I hate to have to embarass you, but I've got to tell everybody the way it really was.....We didn't woof at Dick, because he wore a t-shirt the whole time he was there that had printed on the front: STRICTLY A SWEATER NOW - WILL NOT PLAY.....:D

- Ghost

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Mr. Ghost sir !!!

Mr. Ghost sir !!!

One Pocket Ghost said:
QUOTE=SJDinPHX

Dick

Sorry Dick, I hate to have to embarass you, but I've got to tell everybody the way it really was.....We didn't woof at Dick, because he wore a t-shirt the whole time he was there that had printed on the front: STRICTLY A SWEATER NOW - WILL NOT PLAY.....:D

- Ghost[/QUOTE]

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
QUOTE=SJDinPHX

Dick

- Ghost[/QUOTE]

Sorry Ghostman, my tee-shirt actually read "Will not play for less than $41.00", which earned me an automatic pass from all the Chicago crowd (except Mike).
I would have loved to have played with you 1P.org low roller's, but I had bigger fish to fry. :eek: Maybe next time when I am older (and actually bother to bring my cue.)

Dick <-----Is starting to like low-rollers. He may even become one, NOT.

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
SJDinPHX said:
Ghost, your response please ????:cool:

Dick

Well, I'm gonna switch up and respond re. your buddy John Henderson....

You know how if you have a bad itch to scratch on your back, and you can't reach it, and it's driving you crazy ?.....well that's the same feeling I've been having the last few days, whenever I think of John going home from the DCC, still having all of his bankroll in his pocket !.....:D...:D

- Ghost

Deeman

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
Well, I'm gonna switch up and respond re. your buddy John Henderson....

You know how if you have a bad itch to scratch on your back, and you can't reach it, and it's driving you crazy ?.....well that's the same feeling I've been having the last few days, whenever I think of John going home from the DCC, still having all of his bankroll in his pocket !.....:D...:D

- Ghost

One thing you gotta give John, is that he didn't sit still. Every time I saw him he was matched up or moving in on another contributor. :)

He must have played on about a third of the tables there last week.

DeeMan

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Deeman said:
One thing you gotta give John, is that he didn't sit still. Every time I saw him he was matched up or moving in on another contributor. :)

He must have played on about a third of the tables there last week.

DeeMan

I'll let John tell his own story, but he called me when he got home and told me the last night at DCC was VERY fruitful for him.
These tired old legs could not keep up with him. He was like a tiger on the prowl 24/7.

Charlotte Dick <----is still celebrating his first airport drunk. :eek:

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
SJDinPHX said:
I'll let John tell his own story, but he called me when he got home and told me the last night at DCC was VERY fruitful for him.
These tired old legs could not keep up with him. He was like a tiger on the prowl 24/7.

Charlotte Dick <----is still celebrating his first airport drunk. :eek:
The first time I was in an airport I got drunk there,it was pretty cool . :)

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Fast Lenny said:
The first time I was in an airport I got drunk there,it was pretty cool . :)

Lenny, are you back from NY ? I spent more time in the Charlotte airport, (my stopover waiting to get to the frozen iceburg that Louisville turned out to be this year) than I did at the DCC.
Is Sweet Tooth open yet ? That will bring action to the West side. You may want to re-locate ?????

Charlotte Dick <---hates airport bars. The more I tip, the shorter they pour.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
SJDinPHX said:
Lenny, are you back from NY ? I spent more time in the Charlotte airport, (my stopover waiting to get to the frozen iceburg that Louisville turned out to be this year) than I did at the DCC.
Is Sweet Tooth open yet ? That will bring action to the West side. You may want to re-locate ?????

Charlotte Dick <---hates airport bars. The more I tip, the shorter they pour.

I flew Southwest from Sacramento and my changeover/stopover flight that went straight through to Louisville was in PHOENIX!

How the hell did you end up in Charlotte?

SJDinPHX

Suspended
jrhendy said:
I flew Southwest from Sacramento and my changeover/stopover flight that went straight through to Louisville was in PHOENIX!

How the hell did you end up in Charlotte?

As I found out too late to change, there is one non-stop per day on SW to Louisville.(from Phx) Darren, Bernie and Jeff had those flights. I tried to change but they were stand-by only.
Plus, the tickets were about $12 more than my 10 times per day flight via Charlotte.
I got to the Charlotte airport the morning (Tues.) the ice storm hit, so my 90 minute layover turned into 8 1/2 hrs., before the Louisville airport was accessable.
Thrifty person that I am, I saved $12 on airfare. However to sum it all up, I spent;
$ 28.00 on fast food,which I hate.
$ 15.00 cash, plus 2 packs of cigs to panhandlers.
$ 50.00 on airport souviniers
$ 75.00 0n more warm weather clothing. (at airport boutique prices.)
$ ????? Bar tab ( don't ask please)

And you think you had a big nut with RA ???

Charlotte Dick <----May never fly again. :eek:

PS I told you all that, but you were too busy playing $5.00 one pocket, with the Ghost, to pay attention. ;)
PPS The highlight of my week was when the Deeman bought me, Chicago Mike,and the cute girl I was talking to, a drink.
The girl's boyfriend/husband/pimp came up and threatened me with bodily harm, and I was served the wrong drink..... Do I play good or what ???

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
SJDinPHX said:
As I found out too late to change, there is one non-stop per day on SW to Louisville.(from Phx) Darren, Bernie and Jeff had those flights. I tried to change but they were stand-by only.
The tickets were about $12 more than my 10 times per day flight via Charlotte.
I got to the Charlotte airport the morning (Tues.) the ice storm hit, so my 90 minute layover turned into 8 1/2 hrs., before the Louisville airport was accessable.
Thrifty person that I am, I saved $12 on airfare. However to sum it all up, I spent;
$ 28.00 on fast food,which I hate.
$ 15.00 cash, plus 2 packs of cigs to panhandlers.
$ 50.00 on airport souviniers
$ 75.00 0n more warm weather clothing. (at airport boutique prices.)
$ ????? Bar tab ( don't ask please)
And you think you had a big nut with RA ???
Charlotte Dick <----May never fly again. :eek:

PS I told you all that, but you were too busy playing $5,000.00 one pocket with the Ghost, to pay attention. ;)

PS I told you all that, but you were too busy playing $5,000 one pocket, with the Ghost, to pay attention.
PPS The highlight of my week was when the Deeman bought me, Chicago Mike,and the cute girl I was talking to, a drink.
The girl's boyfriend/husband/pimp came up and threatened me with bodily harm, and I was served the wrong drink..... Do I play good or what ???
SJDinPHX said:
.............:cool:

Last edited: