I'm uncomfortable

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I've had a lot more to say lately on these WWYDs, and I hope it's not because that little bit of commentating and the nice things Jeremy said to make me feel good has gone to my head.

I'm still a beginner trying to move up to intermediate, and in my rational moments I know it, so if it looks like I think I'm smarter than I really am, you're probably right about my irrational moments. :p

(Or maybe I should have saved this for my psychiatrist. :eek: Nah, he's got more than he can handle already. :heh )

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I've had a lot more to say lately on these WWYDs, and I hope it's not because that little bit of commentating and the nice things Jeremy said to make me feel good has gone to my head.

I'm still a beginner trying to move up to intermediate, and in my rational moments I know it, so if it looks like I think I'm smarter than I really am, you're probably right about my irrational moments. :p

(Or maybe I should have saved this for my psychiatrist. :eek: Nah, he's got more than he can handle already. :heh )

anyone can be a legend in their own mind....:D

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I am right there with you John!

I don't play nearly as well as most who are on this forum but I always look at the situation and give an honest answer on what "I" would do. May not always be the best shot but its what I would do and I think it helps open up a discussion on why other options may be a better option or why our choice is the best choice. It's a good learning tool for a lot of us.

IMO, keep on posting and keep the WWYD's coming :)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

John,

It's a fine line that separates helpful comments such as the observations you make and the ego-driven need to post 100 word replies to each and every post that anyone makes in a WWYD thread. Then a person becomes a bore.

I think you do fine as you are now but that's only my opinion. I rarely comment on other's selections but every now & then I do.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

I don't play nearly as well as most who are on this forum but I always look at the situation and give an honest answer on what "I" would do. May not always be the best shot but its what I would do and I think it helps open up a discussion on why other options may be a better option or why our choice is the best choice. It's a good learning tool for a lot of us.

CK,

This type of post is the very reason that Larry & I and others post up WWYD's.

The exact point is "what would YOU do". Many times that's lost in the replies.

Thanks for your contributions.

Dennis

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
keep on posting and keep the WWYD's coming :)

I'm definitely going to keep posting on these WWYDs, it's become my #1 favorite form of entertainment, besides the best learning tool I've ever seen. I just need to remember to say "I think" instead of sounding like I think I know what I'm talking about.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

cincy
like you i am not the best player on the site
but posting what you see and getting constructive comments has been for me and i am glad for you also a great way to learn more about this great game onepocket

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Thanks Dennis for your contributions as well, you have some great WWYD's!

Absolutely Larry. You know, the funny thing is, and we all know this and its true for just about anything competitive...there are so many different levels. Like there are some people in the pool room that I can spot 9-7. They can give 9-7 to some others and yet the guys that can give me 9-7 can get 9-7 from others who also get 9-7 from the champions....so many levels....

So I always love to see what others would do in situations because no matter how much you think you know, I feel you can always learn something new.

And John, with all of the similar responses you and I think we know is the right shot...the next time our paths cross you and I will have to play some. I bet it would be a good even match and I look forward to it someday sir!

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
John the first thing I said when I met you is " your not near as helpless as you act on OP.org. Keep posting your right way too much.
Your friend ~T

Nice, and thanks.

Hope I'm not as helpless as I sometimes think I am. As you know, I bullshit a lot both ways on this subject (and others) but any "poor mouthin'" I do has nothin' to do with matchin' up (my ex-wife still has me on a $20 limit :p ) but for my own entertainment.

I LOVE this place and almost everybody here (you know, Leblanc, Sparks, Booth, assholes like that.) :D

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
I know when I post on a WWYD, I try to be real on my skill level to pull off the shot I describe. I know there may be other options, but if I don't think I can make the CB do what it needs to do to pull the shot off, I am not going to shoot it even if its the best move on the table. We all have to play within ourselves or your toast.---Smitty

Last edited:

1pwannabe

Verified Member
I like all your posts, every last one of them. And the fact that you're not an internet troll desperate for any attention he can get (I won't name names) is a huge bonus. :D

Seriously, I look at all of it as good fun, nobody gets hurt and nobody loses a dime with their virtual shots...unlike the real world. I get too creative with these WWYD's, I admit it, and some ideas just won't work. I've taken many shots to the table and tried them and they failed miserably.

GoldCrown

Verified Member
Its people like you make this place go 'round. I enjoy your replies. If you're a beginner I wasnt born yet. Keep doing what you're doing. Have fun and enjoy posting. Got anything better to do

youngstown

Verified Member
I'm still learning so I only post wwyds, never actually reply with comments to say wiww, lol. Someday I'll graduate and be allowed to comment. Maybe.

Sent using Tapatalk

Jimmy B

Verified Member
You're good to go and have a good heart, which is the most important, and as far as pool, you have to see yourself like some of my feline friends. Reminds me of the Rockwell 'Triple Selfie'

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
"so if it looks like I think I'm smarter than I really am, you're probably right about my rational moments."

Now, there is a profound observation if I ever heard one.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
"so if it looks like I think I'm smarter than I really am, you're probably right about my rational moments."

Now, there is a profound observation if I ever heard one.

LOL, but, I said "my irrational moments." Does that make a difference? :)

Arthur Schopenhauer said........... uh...... er......... Aw, who am I shittin'? I have no idea what that asshole said. :heh

Wayne

Verified Member
It's a little strange but I tend to learn a lot more from studying what players weaker than me do in certain situations where they get better results than I do.
I know I can execute these shots as well as they do and I will practice them to elevate my game.
The players better than me can usually execute certain shots better than me so I may not be able to do what they do, so I tend to learn less when watching or playing them.
I notice this in the WWYD a lot. A shot will be shown that is great if you can execute it. A lot of times I have to disregard it because I don't think I can execute it the way the person is showing it. Yet, the player showing it may have the skill level to execute it exactly the way shown.
In one pocket I have to try to work within my skill level and reduce the number of circus shots I shoot or stop myself from moving out of my comfort zone.
It seems like it is a never ending story.

sheldon

Verified Member
From
Springfield Oregon
I appreciate your posts. Please continue. :D

You would probably be very surprised to know just how many people lurk in forums like this, and never post. I'm sure most of them appreciate your input, too.