F. Flintstone vs. B. Rubble 3069 B.C. Bedrock Open

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
There is an aggressive shot here that isn't too difficult to pull off, but it's on the risky side. Stun draw up table off the 6 playing the carom. If you make it you'll have a better take out shot for his 2 near his pocket, hang it and he's got to deal with it on his turn.

I looked at this shot,it's makeable but not with draw, it'll force the 1st OB forward.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
There is an aggressive shot here that isn't too difficult to pull off, but it's on the risky side. Stun draw up table off the 6 playing the carom. If you make it you'll have a better take out shot for his 2 near his pocket, hang it and he's got to deal with it on his turn.

If your movin' whitey to the head rail, this is NOT a stun shot more like a slight power draw shot. With that much overspin applied to the object ball, it could bank two rails to you opponents side. Draw, this carom/make shot is not possible with the current carom angle off the 10.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
I looked at this shot,it's makeable but not with draw, it'll force the 1st OB forward.

A lot of inside will spin whitey up table also, but not sure how far since it will lose a lot of energy. Scott shoots these shots a lot, not sure if he'd shoot this one however.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
If your movin' whitey to the head rail, this is NOT a stun shot more like a slight power draw shot. With that much overspin applied to the object ball, it could bank two rails to you opponents side. Draw, this carom/make shot is not possible with the current carom angle off the 10.

This is one I'll have to set up and experiment with.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
This is one I'll have to set up and experiment with.

You have to be perfect on your setup and I don't know whether it's going to be possible from the pics. Really close going between 5 and 11, and the angle isn't far from CB straight in the pocket. Looks a lot better in one pic than in another here. It's my first choice if it's workable.

Edit: Doh! I was talking about the wrong shot.

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH

Too scary for me to shoot where I am possibly driving a few balls towards his pocket. I appreciate the creativity but a little too aggressive for me in this instance ;)

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Too scary for me to shoot where I am possibly driving a few balls towards his pocket. I appreciate the creativity but a little too aggressive for me in this instance ;)

It's not for the timid for sure! Danny D could tell us how to hit it, wish he would jump on 1p.org for these wwyd's.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
It's not for the timid for sure! Danny D could tell us how to hit it, wish he would jump on 1p.org for these wwyd's.

DD is overly optimistic regarding risk-reward ratios. IMO he confidently recommends shots that are possible but are not sensible. OK as long as he has Billy beside him to cool his jets. Everybody else defers to him too much.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
From here it looks like I can get between the 13 and 5 -- with a nearly full hit on the 13 -- and go to the bottom rail (and back up under the 9 if I'm lucky.)

If it doesn't look good at the table I'd just drag off the 1, trying to go behind the 9.

Fred got between the 13 and 5 but he could only roll the cueball.

ff shot.jpg

He left it here for Barney:

ff leave1.jpg
ff leave2.jpg

Barney took full advantage of his very good break and put Fred in ever-increasing trouble until Barney finally made a small error in the leave. That small error will be the subject of my next Fred/Barney thread:).

Dennis