cliff/santos

3RAILKICK

Verified Member
If it lays as it appears...shoot straight at the3, take out the two stripes near Cliff's pocket, roll the cb to Cliff's corner, and hope to not scratch.:frus

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
santos shooting
ball score 2-0 cliff
game score 3-2 cliff race to 4

Wow, tough spot. I don't like leaving that dead 6-13 combination on Cliff's rail so I would try to do something with that. It looks like a near-straight-ahead with the 2 can catch the top side of the 6... follow with lots of 3 o'clock. Making the 13 is A-OK

Did I mention: Tough spot? :eek:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I would probably try to roll forward on the 2 or 3 depending on what the angles looked like up at the table and put CB near their pocket.

However, this would be a strong shot if executed well (pretty dangerous though):

t-dog

Verified Member
I would probably try to roll forward on the 2 or 3 depending on what the angles looked like up at the table and put CB near their pocket.

However, this would be a strong shot if executed well (pretty dangerous though):

WTH? You would seriously shoot this or....it looks cool online?

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
WTH? You would seriously shoot this or....it looks cool online?

Nope, I would shoot the shot I said I would shoot above rolling forward towards his pocket. I just said that would be a good shot if executed well but it would probably be too dangerous to seriously play.

(So yea, it looks cool online) :)

GoldCrown

Verified Member
2-3 rail .....Kick top, side, bottom rail try get between 14/15. If it fouled that would be ok.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I'm going to have to recuse myself here, Larry, for reasons you already know. BTW anyone here should get this video just so they can see this shot (if its the one I think it is.) This is one of the greatest One Pocket shots EVER. Commentator Ronny Weisman correctly said after the shot, "These people should be giving him a standing ovation!"

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
If you can get in there, thin off the 1 ball with RHE, CB deflects into the 9 ball then the 10 ball then the side rail where the RHE carries it under the two stripes.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
If you can get in there, thin off the 1 ball with RHE, CB deflects into the 9 ball then the 10 ball then the side rail where the RHE carries it under the two stripes.
Jeff, based upon your suggestion, I'll guess you're enjoying Happy Hour somewhere. Are you okay to drive home?...:D Just yanking yer chain.

If the line is right, I kind of like 3RailKick's suggestion. But after what Petie said, I'm waiting to see the trick shot.;)

~Doc

3RAILKICK

Verified Member

A more Efrenesque approach...curious as to what Efren came up with in this early but testy situation.:eek:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Santos likes to use lots of english. I think he could easily kick off the short rail and hit the bottom of the 13 ball. Good place to leave the stone, and deal with the dangerous 6-13 combination. Easy shot for him.

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
if you can see the 6 ball hit full low left on cue , you might make the 6 off the 13 the 13 hits the other balls by his pocket and moves them on your side.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Jeff, based upon your suggestion, I'll guess you're enjoying Happy Hour somewhere. Are you okay to drive home?...:D Just yanking yer chain.

If the line is right, I kind of like 3RailKick's suggestion. But after what Petie said, I'm waiting to see the trick shot.;)

~Doc

No doc, but the smoke in my room is kinda thick:):)

Now if you're looking for a trick shot, brush this one off your mustache!

Cut the 4 with some speed into the 10 ball the 4 caroms into the 5 ball, making the 5 ball in your pocket, the 3 banks across just above the 6/13 into the cluster on the spot thereby opening them up, the 10 comes off the side rail and kicks over the 14 or 15 ball and the CB forces over to the side rail in front of the 9 ball and you run out!

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
No doc, but the smoke in my room is kinda thick:):)

Now if you're looking for a trick shot, brush this one off your mustache!

Cut the 4 with some speed into the 10 ball the 4 caroms into the 5 ball, making the 5 ball in your pocket, the 3 banks across just above the 6/13 into the cluster on the spot thereby opening them up, the 10 comes off the side rail and kicks over the 14 or 15 ball and the CB forces over to the side rail in front of the 9 ball and you run out!

jeff
whoever supplies your cool aid
give them a tip
you are getting great stuff.....:D:D
:heh:heh:heh:heh:heh

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I'd highly consider going FULL into the six ball /13 with ALLOT of 12 'clock high/slight r/h cueing over spin (yo-you shot) and hug the long rail. I'll then bank the six off the stripe, into the cluster and force follow whitey behind the 15 on the foot rail. The two stripes could still be in position and if so, it would give shooter a small backside catchers mitt, but ONLY if the shooting angle allows shooter a controllable cue ball.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
cliff/santos

If it lays as it appears...shoot straight at the3, take out the two stripes near Cliff's pocket, roll the cb to Cliff's corner, and hope to not scratch.:frus

I like this too. The beauty is that if the angle is right (hit with high right) the 3 will go long rail, bottom rail, and could make the 13 in our hole, with the cue ending up by his hole with a shot on the 3.

I also think I can kick off the top rail, long rail and get behind the 2 by his hole, but that doesn't move anything our way.

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I'd highly consider going into the six ball with ALLOT of 12 'clock high/slight r/h cueing over spin (yo-you shot) and hug the long rail. I'll then bank the six off the stripe, into the cluster and force follow whitey behind the two stripes on the foot rail. The two stripes give me a small backside catchers mitt, that has a very large target area if the overspin is controllable, but ONLY if the shooting angle allows shooter a controllable cue ball.

i dont want to assume
so
you are making the stripe for him with the hit on the 6 ???

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
i dont want to assume
so
you are making the stripe for him with the hit on the 6 ???

If you hit the 6 full in the face, it will remove the 13 ball, and possibly on it's way to the foot rail, it could also remove the 14. Hitting this shot in this manner will not make the 13, it will bank off the long rail.