Tim Scruggs passed

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
For any who knew Tim. A fantastic cue maker and an even better guy.

Here is a pic from the first time I went to his shop to design a cue with him. I'm on the left. The guy on the right is one of my very good friends, and this was the first time we had met in person. That is a pool story worth telling also, but I will do that in another thread.

Rest in Peace, Catbird.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434762902.950796.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
R.I.P
TIM
CONDOLENCES TO YOUR LOVED ONES
i have a few of your cues and your reputation for great playing cues is well deserved

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
Hey Larry , would you consider parting with one of those Scruggs cues?

TS cues gave birth to a few good cue makers as well.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I had two of Timmy's Sneaky Pete cues. They were the best in the business.

A quick story about Tim's cues. I made a trip with a friend from MD. to the Lexington All Star Open one year. Yikes had to be in the mid eighties I'm guessing. I had no cue of my own at the time so I borrowed one of my friend's cues to play the tournament.

My first match was against Dave Bollman who was playing some great pool back then but I beat him in this raced to nine, Nine ball match. He then asked to see my cue. I handed it over to him and he made some admiring comment about the cue and asked me what the stencil on the butt plate meant. I didn't even know there was anything stenciled on the butt plate. "Yeah, it says "The Doctor", are you a doctor? "No, I said, "I just borrowed this cue to play this match". He was shocked and maybe a little insulted by this. "You mean to tell me you beat me with a cue you never played with before?" "Yeah, I guess so. It's a Scruggs."

But that's how Timmy's cues felt. I hit balls with a lot of Tim's cues and all of them hit wonderfully. Tim, you were the best in my eyes, Thanks,

Tom

Drop Pocket

Verified Member
From
South Carolina
So sorry to hear of the passing of one of the great cue makers. I met Tim and he was a good guy, had one of his cues for a while.
Any details, this is the first I'd heard of it?

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
I was very lucky to have 3 very close friends. One was Tim, he was kind and giving. We hung together for over 37 years. All I can say is he was one of the great ones. I loved Tim like he was a brother ,He will be missed by many. R.I.P. will always love you. Tim would have been 73 today.We always gave gifts to each other on our birthdays. My gift to Timmy today is I will never ever forget how loving he was to me and my family. We all lost one of the great guys of all time. Thanks for being my friend Timmy.
One of Tim's great lines was , This is your world Daddy, I'm only here on vocation.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Tim Scruggs passed

I was very lucky to have 3 very close friends. One was Tim, he was kind and giving. We hung together for over 37 years. All I can say is he was one of the great ones. I loved Tim like he was a brother ,He will be missed by many. R.I.P. will always love you. Tim would have been 73 today.We always gave gifts to each other on our birthdays. My gift to Timmy today is I will never ever forget how loving he was to me and my family. We all lost one of the great guys of all time. Thanks for being my friend Timmy.

One of Tim's great lines was , This is your world Daddy, I'm only here on vocation.

I forgot how close you guys were Eddie. I remember that you were in the shop all the time hanging out with him, as per Bernard. (Of course that is Bernie in the picture I posted with Tim and I) I'm sorry for your loss buddy. Beautiful post. It's so true that Tim was a special guy. Much like you Fast Eddie.