S. Daulton vs. E. Strickland 2011 D.C.C.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Sun gotta shine, wind gotta blow, rain gotta fall and Earl gotta shoot. It was his last shot of this game. He lost it chasing one ball.

es3.jpg

He left it here for Daulton:

es leave.jpg

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Appears all Earl shouda done, hit the 13 Fuller, cue ball track was good, he could of added a little r/h spin. Taking a scratch and being behind the six could also been to his benefit.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
This is 100% a 1P mentality thing.

A shooter thinks that "great shots" are making balls, getting position, and running out.

A 1P player knows that "great shots" are playing the percentages, keeping the position, controlling his opponent, with a little sadism thrown in to make it fun (see Rempe vs Fusco 1991).

Earl wants to be a hero and just win and walk way in 20 minutes. Shannon wants to PLAY 1P.

Same analogy in chess, a patzer (chess amateur) wants to checkmate his opponent in 5 minutes and just starts attacking attacking attacking. A chess master plays the game and enjoys the strategy, the positions, and looks deeper than 1 move ahead.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

A shooter thinks that "great shots" are making balls, getting position, and running out.

A 1P player knows that "great shots" are playing the percentages, keeping the position, controlling his opponent, with a little sadism thrown in to make it fun (see Rempe vs Fusco 1991).

Earl wants to be a hero and just win and walk way in 20 minutes. Shannon wants to PLAY 1P.

Same analogy in chess, a patzer (chess amateur) wants to checkmate his opponent in 5 minutes and just starts attacking attacking attacking. A chess master plays the game and enjoys the strategy, the positions, and looks deeper than 1 move ahead.

"Mentality" ain't Earl's long suit:p.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
I wanted to follow up on what I said, it sounded disrespectful to Earl and others who play in a similar way.

Earl is one of the few super talented people, and he, like Efren, took the game of pool to a new level. He will be remembered for his talent long after he's gone.

The perfect combination with regards to 1P, from what I see, is when a shooter also learns the moves and enjoys the entire game. Efren, Alex, Shannon, etc, all those guys who pay their respects to both the technical and the intellectual parts of 1P, they will always be at the top and push the boundaries of the game.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

I wanted to follow up on what I said, it sounded disrespectful to Earl and others who play in a similar way.

Earl is one of the few super talented people, and he, like Efren, took the game of pool to a new level. He will be remembered for his talent long after he's gone.

The perfect combination with regards to 1P, from what I see, is when a shooter also learns the moves and enjoys the entire game. Efren, Alex, Shannon, etc, all those guys who pay their respects to both the technical and the intellectual parts of 1P, they will always be at the top and push the boundaries of the game.

I don't think your comments were disrespectful towards Earl.

Dennis