2011 DCC - "CaliRed" Presents - Episode 3 -"The Match"

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Don Smith said:
I have AT&T broadband, not the slowest one either. Is anyone viewing without problems here?
Don,

I don't know anything about speeds or computers but I have Comcast cable and I viewed the videos from CaliRed without a hitch.

Dennis

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Don Smith said:
.6Mb/s Is this slow?

I'm pretty sure your .6 mbs is actually 6 mbs ... which should be more then fast enough. If you're using Internet Explorer, try using Firefox instead, for a browser. Firefox is at www.firefox.com Update your flash at www.adobe.com Empty your temp files in your browser.

I just scrolled thru 6 pages of the Vimeo forums and don't see any questions about not being able to view videos.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
John & The Ghost

John & The Ghost

jrhendy said:
The Ghost never would have slammed those four banks and out in on my home tables like he did on the Diamond's at the DCC and we never would have gotten into the pissing contest we did (now resolved) on tighter tables. He might have made a couple of them though.:D

John....I gots to agree with you - I doubt very much I would have made that 4 bank runout (three of them being 8-foot banks after all) on 4" pockets.

- Ghosty

PS, Re. John mentioning our having resolved our differences - with a couple of back and forth pm's a week or two ago...

...let me share with all of you the excerpts that I sent John, which I got from a website that helps people to build and improve their relationships with other people...the website gave it's 10 key ways to achieve this - I sent John numbers 1, 3, 7, and 8, of those 10 ways, believing that reading these would be particularly helpful to him in his 'relationship building' :D...and as you all have witnessed in his last few posts (with his new use of smiley faces) - I think that this has worked wonders in making John a kinder and gentler --- hardcore hustler...:D

PPS, And Papie would do well to take these words to heart also...:D >>>

1. Keep a tight rein on your tongue
How you say something counts for far more than what you say. How many times have you been chastised on the job by your supervisor, and you walked away angry because of the tone of voice used? When confronted with a difficult situation, always say less than you think. Curbing your tongue in a stressful situation will be more likely to create fewer stressful situations because how you handle yourself in a crisis will give others confidence in you and in their ability to bring problems and issues to your attention.

3. Be kind and encouraging to others
Never let an opportunity to show kindness or encouragement to others to pass you by. Praise good work, regardless of who did it. Sometimes you can turn even the most hardened of your fellow workers into real softies once they realize that you are not afraid to compliment them or give encouraging words, despite how they may perceive you ordinarily. At the same time, when giving criticism, do it helpfully and gently, never spitefully. Show concern for another's feelings and well being. You will benefit greatly from even the smallest kindness shown.

7. Be mindful of only your own vices and virtues
Refuse to discuss others' vices or problems. Don't allow gossip to rule your life. Tearing down another to prop yourself up is an extraordinary waste of time; furthermore, it can be very destructive. Especially in the workplace, morale is vitally important. When we lift our voices against others, we open ourselves to the thought, "I wonder what they say about me behind my back!"

8. Be careful of others' feelings
Humor at another's expense is rarely worth the trouble. Not only that, the hurt and pain felt by that person will often come when least expected. Take into account another person's feelings before you poke fun. Things said in jest are often the sharpest barbs to be felt.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
John....I gots to agree with you - I doubt very much I would have made that 4 bank runout (three of them being 8-foot banks after all) on 4" pockets.

- Ghosty

PS, Re. John mentioning our having resolved our differences - with a couple of back and forth pm's a week or two ago...

...let me share with all of you the excerpts that I sent John, which I got from a website that helps people to build and improve their relationships with other people...the website gave it's 10 key ways to achieve this - I sent John numbers 1, 3, 7, and 8, of those 10 ways, believing that reading these would be particularly helpful to him in his 'relationship building' :D...and as you all have witnessed in his last few posts (with his new use of smiley faces) - I think that this has worked wonders in making John a kinder and gentler --- hardcore hustler...:D

How you say something counts for far more than what you say. How many times have you been chastised on the job by your supervisor, and you walked away angry because of the tone of voice used? When confronted with a difficult situation, always say less than you think. Curbing your tongue in a stressful situation will be more likely to create fewer stressful situations because how you handle yourself in a crisis will give others confidence in you and in their ability to bring problems and issues to your attention.

Never let an opportunity to show kindness or encouragement to others to pass you by. Praise good work, regardless of who did it. Sometimes you can turn even the most hardened of your fellow workers into real softies once they realize that you are not afraid to compliment them or give encouraging words, despite how they may perceive you ordinarily. At the same time, when giving criticism, do it helpfully and gently, never spitefully. Show concern for another's feelings and well being. You will benefit greatly from even the smallest kindness shown.

Refuse to discuss others' vices or problems. Don't allow gossip to rule your life. Tearing down another to prop yourself up is an extraordinary waste of time; furthermore, it can be very destructive. Especially in the workplace, morale is vitally important. When we lift our voices against others, we open ourselves to the thought, "I wonder what they say about me behind my back!"

Humor at another's expense is rarely worth the trouble. Not only that, the hurt and pain felt by that person will often come when least expected. Take into account another person's feelings before you poke fun. Things said in jest are often the sharpest barbs to be felt.

I have played with John two Decent sessions and a partner game. Thier is no nicer man too play with then John.

WE played about 30 or moore houers. And thier was never anything said. And even after the game wi or loose.

There was always 100% respect and kind words. I dont think John or me need any speeaches on how to act or what too say.

Everyone can learn from us how to act and how you treat your opponent. I thunk John and me can spot anyone anyone 8 to 4 on sportsman shup.

John has had a lot off years off experience with pool and people and the people around him and life itself.

People should watch him and see how he acts then you cal all learn something.

Because its hard too find a pool player that has the class and respect too people that John has.

He could probably wright a great book on how too act playing pool and get the respect from everyone that John gets.

And I can play every day with different people. And you will never see me in a argument. Do you think thats a axcedent. Or maybe I just no how to act and do the wright thung.

And thier are some real creeps in pool. And people who love too argue about everything. Because thats all the have in life. And are afraid the might learn something.

But John is a 100% class. And I only no him from playing pool.He showed his true colors and what a super nice guy he is.

THe longer you live the more you will learn. NO exceptions

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I have played with John two Decent sessions and a partner game. Thier is no nicer man too play with then John.

WE played about 30 or moore houers. And thier was never anything said. And even after the game wi or loose.

There was always 100% respect and kind words. I dont think John or me need any speeaches on how to act or what too say.

Everyone can learn from us how to act and how you treat your opponent. I thunk John and me can spot anyone anyone 8 to 4 on sportsman shup.

John has had a lot off years off experience with pool and people and the people around him and life itself.

People should watch him and see how he acts then you cal all learn something.

Because its hard too find a pool player that has the class and respect too people that John has.

He could probably wright a great book on how too act playing pool and get the respect from everyone that John gets.

And I can play every day with different people. And you will never see me in a argument. Do you think thats a axcedent. Or maybe I just no how to act and do the wright thung.

And thier are some real creeps in pool. And people who love too argue about everything. Because thats all the have in life. And are afraid the might learn something.

But John is a 100% class. And I only no him from playing pool.He showed his true colors and what a super nice guy he is.

THe longer you live the more you will learn. NO exceptions

Thank you Artie. The Ghost and I have never had a problem in the many games we have played, but he has gotten pissed at me a couple times or more about my comments on here. We all get along better in person than we do on here.

We always resolve our differences and then go back to needling each other when we can.

I do love to gig the Ghost a bit. John

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
"We all get along better in person than we do on here."

You said it, John. The internet is a spooky place. I'm not sure that Al Gore did us any favors when he invented it. He should have quit with global warming. :D

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
jrhendy said:
Thank you Artie. The Ghost and I have never had a problem in the many games we have played, but he has gotten pissed at me a couple times or more about my comments on here. We all get along better in person than we do on here.

We always resolve our differences and then go back to needling each other when we can.

I do love to gig the Ghost a bit. John

Youre intiteled you and Goast both have put your time in and you realy like each other or you wouldnt even be talking too each other.

You guys both have a lot off fun and excitment ahead off you. Keep enjoying yourself and do the things you love.

Its your life and you are responsable for enjoying your life and doing all the things you want too do.

LIVING YOUR LIFE IS THE GREATEST THUNG THAT YOU CAN DO.
And dont forget to treat yoursef good. Always be number one too youself.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Youre intiteled you and Goast both have put your time in and you realy like each other or you wouldnt even be talking too each other.

You guys both have a lot off fun and excitment ahead off you. Keep enjoying yourself and do the things you love.

Its your life and you are responsable for enjoying your life and doing all the things you want too do.

LIVING YOUR LIFE IS THE GREATEST THUNG THAT YOU CAN DO.
And dont forget to treat yoursef good. Always be number one too youself.

If we hung around the same room, we would probably play every day. I think I would beat him and he thinks he would beat me.

My needle is a little sharper than his, but we usually enjoy the back and forth. I was going to say longer instead of sharper but Ghostie might perceive that as an insult:D

Artie, the last part of your post are words we should all pay attention to. As we get older, too many friends and loved ones are leaving us and our time may be just around the corner.

Like many of us, there has been a lot of personal tragedy in my life the last few years and I know that pool has helped me get through it. I love pool as much today as I did when I walked in my first pool room in 1954.

I am lucky that at my age I am still competitive in the game I love to play.

Didn't mean to get too sappy, but Artie's words hit home.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
jrhendy said:
If we hung around the same room, we would probably play every day.
I agree, I believe we would.

I think I would beat him and he thinks he would beat me.

No, no, no - I need a spot...:)

My needle is a little sharper than his, but we usually enjoy the back and forth. I was going to say longer instead of sharper but Ghostie might perceive that as an insult :D

Just make sure that you save numbers 1. 3. 7. & 8. from the relationship building advice list that I sent you, and practice them...:D

--- Ghosty

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:

Let me tell you something Mr. Ghosty...Heres how things are in the real world...

When Sally, Kate, and Judy go out for a drink...they will call each other Sally, Kate, and Judy.

When Tommy, Joe, and Hank go out,...they will affectionately call each other "Dickhead, Fatboy, and Shit-for-Brains"..:p

At least thats the way it is everywhere I've ever been...(but I guess in Chicago, the guy's just have very delicate feeler's, they might cry)..:D :D :D

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
SJDinPHX said:
Let me tell you something Mr. Ghosty...Heres how things are in the real world...

When Tommy, Joe, and Hank go out,...they call each other "Dickhead, Fatboy, and Shit-for-Brains"..:p

At least thats the way it is everywhere I've ever been...:D

Oh really, Shit-for-Brains...well then what about all of the sensitive, huggy, supportive posts that go on all the time between Artie and John H....:rolleyes: :D :D

- Dickhead

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
One Pocket Ghost said:
Oh really, Shit-for-Brains...well then what about all of the sensitive, huggy, supportive posts that go on all the time between Artie and John H....:rolleyes: :D :D

- Dickhead

I believe I've been to lunch with you guys. :D
Fatboy

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
androd said:
Fatboy

I Just have a lot off respect for John and its not because we played pool or who won and lost.

Its because John is a real man. You might not see that in him because you have played too much pool.

And never realy lookef at the person. To some people its just a face or someone too play. But the realy dont look at the person .

And are aware off who they are. Some men do that with thier wives.And after 40 years being with them they still dont no who they ar.

Because the never realy looket at them and were aware off who and what they are. Its like I say un one pocket you have to go deeper into the game.

And see what a person realy is and who they are. The way too see this is to be aware off the person and take a real look at them.

Dont just take everything for granted by what they say or do. THat might not be them at all. But a mask or diguise off who they realy are.

Jack the ripper had a good disguise didnt he. Nobody knowes whats hidding in the closit untell you take a look.

John is very genuine and I see who he realy is and next time I see him I think Ill give hum a hug. Or maybe I might just play him some more pool because I realy enjoyed playing him.

And when I play him I feel comftrable and I get too enjoy myself. Even If we would play 30 houers straught. Because when you are playing in a game you are enjoying yourself you dont get tiered and board and can play forever.

Were in another game you might be board and tierd after 4 houers. Because you are realy not enjoying yoursef. Thats why whoever I played in life will always play again.

And I got people too gamble that wouldnt gamble with anyone. And I got 10 dollaer betters betting a thousand dollaer a game. But its all about the way you handle youself.

And how you taslk to people especialy when you are playing them. And it doesnt mean anything whats said on her. Its just talk and people say things to get some excitment and get people too react. And even get them upset or aggrevate them.

THe internet is a game and everone can play in it. But when You are playing pool its just you and the other player. The whole internet can gang up on you but not one on one pool game.

And people will say whatever they want too say on the internet. Its a site that people can releas thuer anger and frustrations. But the boyyom line it doesnt mean anything.

So whatever someone says. pass it by and wright what you want too wright.

95% off the people I dont even no or have meet so why would I care what they are saying. And all the talk nobody ever wins anytway. Just like if you think about all the different countries who wish we were all dead. And that would destroy us all any chance they would get.

It doesnt pay too worry or thiink about it. And the might hate us because we arte a free country. OR thier religion teaches them too haye us. Dont worry thier are lots off people in the world tahat would want too see us go down.

THats why the country has to stay strong and powerfull so this does not happen, I hope I can do something to help the country to get strong again. But its very hard. Because whatever I might say weather its good or not

Some one will oppose it. BUt I hope soon that something is done. And if doesnt work I will go another direction. Tell I find something that will work.

I belive in my shildren and grand children and the next 50 generations. And uf we can make it better for them. Then My life will be satisfied and complete.

I dont just think about gambling. I have had enough gambling for 10 life times. I can hosestly say I made more bets then anyone. But thats life and thats what I did my whole life and it doesnt excite me any more. Gambling is fun when it excites you. But when you its just to have a bet its no big deal anymore.

And I have made so many bets that you get tiered off betting. Because that was my life. Its hard for people too see that unless you have gone through it youreself.

But next time you are with someone be aware off how the look what the ware how they talk and how they look at you. And realy look at that person and be aware off them and other people around you and you will see them in a different light.Even youre Wives or girl friends.

Tale a long good look at them. But dont stair them yoo death.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
androd said:
Fatboy

Yeah, I remember that day - jeez, how could I forget...you kept belchin', fartin' and tellin' traveling salesman-farmer's daughter jokes all through lunch :eek: :D :p :D

- Ghost

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
Yeah, I remember that day - jeez, how could I forget...you kept belchin', fartin' and tellin' traveling salesman-farmer's daughter jokes all through lunch :eek: :D :p :D

- Ghost

'Dickhead'...please do not insult Fatboy...:eek:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
Yeah, I remember that day - jeez, how could I forget...you kept belchin', fartin' and tellin' traveling salesman-farmer's daughter jokes all through lunch :eek: :D :p

- Ghost

Dickhead...please do not insult Fatboy...:eek:

PS..All the locals refer to me as "HeadDick"...Mr.Ghost however, is still, a "Dickhead"...:D

Last edited: