Challenge to John Barton aka onepocketchump

Roy Steffensen

Verified Member
John, just a friendly advice.

I think you need a little break from this poolforum... This is doing you no good, and in the eyes of us outsiders there are really only one loser here if this continue.

Take a break, have a beer, play some pool, get laid and make a few cases. Do something that's fun and worth your time.

onepocketchump

Verified Member
Roy Steffensen said:
John, just a friendly advice.

I think you need a little break from this poolforum... This is doing you no good, and in the eyes of us outsiders there are really only one loser here if this continue.

Take a break, have a beer, play some pool, get laid and make a few cases. Do something that's fun and worth your time.

If what continues? In this order from the past three nights, I had beers, played pool, got laid, got a massage, did some great business, played more pool, went to the beach and just got back from buying a new phone. And in between all that I smacked down a couple nits over the internet. My life is fantastic.

I offered to play for 1000 a game, promised to give up weight if I won and put it right back in action, and then promised to give up even more weight and put it right back in action AGAIN. Now, I don't know many people who make those sorts of guarantees who aren't world beaters to start with.

The point is that I am not going to be run off by a couple high rolling nits. Neither of whom have any GAMBLE whatsoever.

Furthermore it's triple funny that Lenny is now writing 10,000 word diatribes and doing research to prove what? He said keep it simple, well my reply offering to bet 1000 a game in a ten ahead set is as simple as it gets.

It's not me doing any backpedaling. I already hired Eric "The Senior Slugger" Hu to be my camera guy should I show up at the US Open and want to challenge The Louser and his backers. I just asked him to do a better job than he did on ours.

And believe me if I had $100,000 to bet with then I'd come over the top of these assholes so fast they would think a mine caved in on them.

P.S. IF ANY of you here think I wont gamble just as I said I would then you can bet $100 - $1000 against me and I will give up 2:1 on the money that IF I go out to the one pocket US Open and I see Lou F. I will walk up to him and LOUDLY challenge him to bet 1000 a game ten ahead with the same terms I stated here.

Put down your name and how much you want to bet if you think I won't play.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Roy Steffensen said:
An awesome challenge. I quoted it just so Lou can read it, since he is having you on ignore.

When will you decide if you go to Vegas in May or not?

Thanks, Roy.

To John: I don't recall ever woofing at you. But you have been hounding me -- about giving me 9/8 -- *for months.* It was proposed to me that -- if I was willing to play -- you could get the game you have repeatedly offered and bet $20,000. I agreed.

Lenny made you a polite three sentence proposition and asked if you would accept. You could have responded in any number of ways to include: I don't know if I'm going to Vegas yet and/or I don't want to bet that much. Instead you choose endless name calling and drama and excuses, when a simple, "I decline" would have sufficed.

For Lenny: thanks for taking the bullet on this one, Brother. I guess expecting John to behave like a gentleman was expecting too much.

Lou Figueroa
John, you're back on Ignore
so don't bother

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
onepocketchump said:
If what continues? In this order from the past three nights, I had beers, played pool, got laid, got a massage, did some great business, played more pool, went to the beach and just got back from buying a new phone. And in between all that I smacked down a couple nits over the internet. My life is fantastic.

I offered to play for 1000 a game, promised to give up weight if I won and put it right back in action, and then promised to give up even more weight and put it right back in action AGAIN. Now, I don't know many people who make those sorts of guarantees who aren't world beaters to start with.

The point is that I am not going to be run off by a couple high rolling nits. Neither of whom have any GAMBLE whatsoever.

Furthermore it's triple funny that Lenny is now writing 10,000 word diatribes and doing research to prove what? He said keep it simple, well my reply offering to bet 1000 a game in a ten ahead set is as simple as it gets.

It's not me doing any backpedaling. I already hired Eric "The Senior Slugger" Hu to be my camera guy should I show up at the US Open and want to challenge The Louser and his backers. I just asked him to do a better job than he did on ours.

And believe me if I had $100,000 to bet with then I'd come over the top of these assholes so fast they would think a mine caved in on them.

P.S. IF ANY of you here think I wont gamble just as I said I would then you can bet $100 - $1000 against me and I will give up 2:1 on the money that IF I go out to the one pocket US Open and I see Lou F. I will walk up to him and LOUDLY challenge him to bet 1000 a game ten ahead with the same terms I stated here.

Put down your name and how much you want to bet if you think I won't play.

Backer needed no experience nesasary.

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Lou, don't feel special! :) It seems this guy has a thing for barking a game and then cutting the price. Funny how the PM thing comes up with you and Lenny! He knows if he agrees in PM he can back out, one of the reasons I kept things public...

If anyone were to ask me to play, it wouldn't take me 5 pages of rambling to say yes or no..

This guy probably won't ever go off for a solid dime. Which is worth less than the time several here have put in him.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
onepocketchump said:
LOL - I bet my own. That way I am not beholden to anyone win or lose.

THat tells me a lot about you. To bet your own money tells me you have confedence in youself and game. THat is a great Quality too have. And I respect that.

onepocketchump

Verified Member
Lou, don't feel special! :) It seems this guy has a thing for barking a game and then cutting the price. Funny how the PM thing comes up with you and Lenny! He knows if he agrees in PM he can back out, one of the reasons I kept things public...

If anyone were to ask me to play, it wouldn't take me 5 pages of rambling to say yes or no..

This guy probably won't ever go off for a solid dime. Which is worth less than the time several here have put in him.

Is this nit still around? If so you can be next in line after I crush Lou.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Is this nit still around? If so you can be next in line after I crush Lou.

Does someone have to insult you to get a game? I would like to play some and you can bet what you want, but it is usually not my style to match up that way.

I am 74 years old and will play from $100 a game on up. Depending on where you want to play, I may come to you if we bet enough to cover the trip.

I would prefer either Hard Times or House of Billiards in California. These are must visit rooms with lots of players if you make it to California during your travels.

Good luck to both of you in your match. I would like to be on the 2nd leg of the parlay for either player.

onepocketchump

Verified Member
Does someone have to insult you to get a game? I would like to play some and you can bet what you want, but it is usually not my style to match up that way.

I am 74 years old and will play from $100 a game on up. Depending on where you want to play, I may come to you if we bet enough to cover the trip.

I would prefer either Hard Times or House of Billiards in California. These are must visit rooms with lots of players if you make it to California during your travels.

Good luck to both of you in your match. I would like to be on the 2nd leg of the parlay for either player.

John it would be a pleasure and an honor to play you. I have watched your game many times now and I would relish the opportunity to test myself against you. I am not so stupid as to bet much though because I feel it will be more of a lesson than gambling.

You can forget about Lou playing you. He never bets more than $25 a game and less than that against players who can beat him.

But when I come to LA which will be sometime in spring or summer I will absolutely contact you and arrange a game. We can do a race for a nickle and see where we stand.

No one does not have to insult me to get a game. Some people think that this works but actually it results in no game far more often.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
John it would be a pleasure and an honor to play you. I have watched your game many times now and I would relish the opportunity to test myself against you. I am not so stupid as to bet much though because I feel it will be more of a lesson than gambling.

You can forget about Lou playing you. He never bets more than $25 a game and less than that against players who can beat him.

But when I come to LA which will be sometime in spring or summer I will absolutely contact you and arrange a game. We can do a race for a nickle and see where we stand.

No one does not have to insult me to get a game. Some people think that this works but actually it results in no game far more often.

Thanks for the reply. I actually live in Northern Ca and play out of Hard Times in Sacramento, but have a son in LA, so I do get down there fairly often.

onepocketchump

Verified Member
This was dug out from a couple years back......

It's relevant now because Lou made it a habit to constantly point to this thread on AZB as if to say I was scared to play him when in fact the offer to play him was never rescinded.

Now we are going to play for 10k